• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB rankings and RWC 2015 pool draws

I was quite happy with France actually in terms of pool stages, like I said before - the ONLY reason why I didn't want France was because we could have avoided NZ or SA in the knock out stages.
Besides, if someone says 'this group should be a walk in the park' - how do you take that as a joke? lol.

If you guys lose to Ireland and we top our pool then the quarter final will probably be NZ vs France at the Millennium.

^ yup...was just thinkin about that reading some article !!
I was just thinking (even thought I may be dreaming a bit...) "if France loses and ends up 2nd in the pool, I'll have a bit of a smile on my face knowing we're up against NZ after that".
;)
And btw, you can just remove that second condition buddy !! ("if NZ top their pool")

I was quite happy with France actually in terms of pool stages, like I said before - the ONLY reason why I didn't want France was because we could have avoided NZ or SA in the knock out stages.
Besides, if someone says 'this group should be a walk in the park' - how do you take that as a joke? lol.

agaaaain: relatively speaking. I didn't mean to hurt the Irish ppl's feelings lol, RELATIVELY SPEAKING !! Look at history, we've had large victories only so far (in RWC's), how else would you want me to react ? Of course these two sides facing off in 2015 have nothing to do with history, but still. It ain't exactly the toughest pool, dude ! I mean CAAHM AAAHN !!

Admit at least I'm a patient person !!!

Crazy 3 teams that could win the World Cup in one pool!! I'm thinking it would of been good for kurtly to have not scored that try right about now haha :D but whoever wins pool A will be on the easy side of the finals. I really hope we don't have to beat Wales at home but we should manage. I don't see fijji as much of a threat to the top 3 teams just look at what South Africa did to them at the last World Cup also just thinking the last two World Cup finals were rematches of there pool game would not surprise me at all if this was the case with the wallabies and England.
Really do you think that Wales could win the RWC?? C'mon don´t be naive man...

AGAIN: just kidding ?

HEY FORUM: I LIKE TO JOKE. Too many guys take themselves WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY too seriously on here !!! Like WOOOOOOOWWWWWWW !!!!!!!
right...ahem.

No but srs, wouldn't it be funny if NZ had England in their pool ?! well not really because they'll meet up before anyways probably but...meh !
I agree though (without hurting anybody's feelings hopefully !!) that France got away with much better than it could've been. Now, we can lose against Ireland, sure; but I mean at least we don't get England or Argentina or like you said Samoa...and it's true even the no.3 seed in our group is relatively containable.

Like, say what you want about how beastly Ireland is and all, but I say, OBJECTIVELY WITHOUT ANY SPITE AT ALL - I say I feel relatively safe with this group. It's not completely risk-less, but I'll live with that is what I'm saying, yes.
I mean, just one look at Pool A and yeah, I'm glad we've got this group, yes I am !! :p
Who's serious?
If you guys lose to Ireland and we top our pool then the quarter final will probably be NZ vs France at the Millennium.
Not good. We only tend to beat France in the finals and pool stages. Anything in between the pool stages and the finals means a loss. :lol:

^ OMG that's so unspeakably offensive Superalexmarket !! How could you say something like that ?!! Omg omg omg !!!
So Wales winning the Cup is naive huh, how blah blah blah Charles Manson-ly disgruntling is that ?!
Ohhhhhh !!!!!!! <_<

No but more srsly, dude his point stands. He means any of those three teams can seriously do some damage, certain points aren't to be taken literally...it's just the bigger picture there...that Pool A is going to be brutal......Cannibal Corpse brutal.:mad:

^ OMG that's so unspeakably offensive Superalexmarket !! How could you say something like that ?!! Omg omg omg !!!
So Wales winning the Cup is naive huh, how blah blah blah Charles Manson-ly disgruntling is that ?!
Ohhhhhh !!!!!!! <_<

No but more srsly, dude his point stands. He means any of those three teams can seriously do some damage, certain points aren't to be taken literally...it's just the bigger picture there...that Pool A is going to be brutal......Cannibal Corpse brutal.:angry:

Who's serious?

Not good. We only tend to beat France in the finals and pool stages. Anything in between the pool stages and the finals means a loss. :lol:

:lol: hehehe...
well if we end up 1st in our pool, we're facing trouble anyways...Argentina ! Not an easy task in an elimination game, fkkk....
But I will srs be happy if we finish 2nd in our pool just to at least have a chance to watch a FRA NZ 1/4 final...
We have a "special" relationship you and us !^_^

Last edited:
agaaaain: relatively speaking. I didn't mean to hurt the Irish ppl's feelings lol, RELATIVELY SPEAKING !! Look at history, we've had large victories only so far (in RWC's), how else would you want me to react ? Of course these two sides facing off in 2015 have nothing to do with history, but still. It ain't exactly the toughest pool, dude ! I mean CAAHM AAAHN !!

Admit at least I'm a patient person !!!

I can see why you're confident. Irelands record against France is very poor. I wouldn't be too confident if I was you though. In 3 years time I'm confident Ireland will be a match for France. Thats not based on a guess, thats based on watching U20 rugby etc. It should be a good game.

Had the chance this year and blew it.

3 years is a long time. It's not as 'naive' as you think. It probably won't happen but don't rule anything out for most of the big teams.

:lol: hehehe...
well if we end up 1st in our pool, we're facing trouble anyways...Argentina ! Not an easy task in an elimination game, fkkk....
But I will srs be happy if we finish 2nd in our pool just to at least have a chance to watch a FRA NZ 1/4 final...
We have a "special" relationship you and us !^_^
France NZ QF/SF stages are interesting. But I think Hansen Henry had the answer last year if we had to play before the final in the knock outs That Aussie win really was the final for a lot of players (see Henry's and McCaw's on accounts).

Plus that France decided to turn up and NZ players (this being the biggest factor) taking an early holiday - this was evident in the way the players were even seconds after the whistle.

No doubt 2015 will be tough should we meet then. :)
Had the chance this year and blew it.

3 years is a long time. It's not as 'naive' as you think. It probably won't happen but don't rule anything out for most of the big teams.
Yep - 2011 was Wales' chance. Looked scary solid and dangerous. Priestland actually looked good. ;) :p

I can see why you're confident. Irelands record against France is very poor. I wouldn't be too confident if I was you though. In 3 years time I'm confident Ireland will be a match for France. Thats not based on a guess, thats based on watching U20 rugby etc. It should be a good game.

well it's not even confidence really, and you're right on all those points. Confidence is rational, my feeling is gut. My 'instinct' tells me "nah you're good, don't worry about it..."
And if anybody thinks I don't respect Ireland you're not reading me correctly. I mean for FRANCE specifically, this is a fantastic fit. Ireland could beat better teams than France, that's not the question here...

u20 rugby isn't really that indicative of senior rugby, though.
Otherwise England would be smashing everyone in the Six Nations every year.

As much as I'd love the All Blacks to be the first team to defend a world cup, I have a feeling Australia will take this. Mark my words :)
Which wouldn't really worry me that much, they are my second favourite team. All Blacks vs Wallabies in the final? I hope so! And it's possible if they both win their groups.

As much as I'd love the All Blacks to be the first team to defend a world cup, I have a feeling Australia will take this. Mark my words :)
Which wouldn't really worry me that much, they are my second favourite team. All Blacks vs Wallabies in the final? I hope so! And it's possible if they both win their groups.
#anyoneButAustralia

England vs France....in Twickenham....where France have such a great record :p

I think it will be interesting to see how England carry on from beating NZ. If they improve between now and the WC, they could be very strong. I find the support for Wales a bit misplaced. They have shown they could be good in the past but there is nothing in their recent performances to suggest they stand much chance. The trend has been a declining Welsh team so it will take a big effort to turn it around.

#anyoneButAustralia

Yeah, I know that's the common feeling of many Kiwis :) But maybe because I'm not a Kiwi, just a foreign supporter who has been fascinated by the All Blacks playing rugby, together with all the culture around it, I don't find it hard to like other teams, especially those who play offensive rugby.

Actually my rugby adventure began during RWC1991 when I was in awe watching the fantastic play of Campese. Then Australia became my first favourite rugby team - that was until I saw the All Blacks! And in general, I kind of like all the southern hemisphere countries, although I've never been there :) So, I might be a rare (I hope not!) specimen who supports both the All Blacks (above all) and Wallabies (at no. 2)! And when I tell you my third favourite team is France... ;)

Good luck to all rugby teams!

Latest posts