• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland 2021/22 - The Participation Era

I would be very tempted to include Frawley at 12. He's been the form centre in the country after Henshaw for a while now whenever fit.
I like Frawley, but feel like his performances this season have been slightly overhyped. I'd be happy if he performed well enough to push out Aki though. He definitely deserves a start for one of the games.

Picking the back five is going to be an absolute headache.

Don't think we'd see Frawley at 12 unless we absolutely load up on ball carriers elsewhere.

Wouldn't have Lowe in a starting lineup to be honest. Not a fashionable player, but Earls still a very handy winger to have.

I'd like to see Timoney play, he's really becoming a fantastic player.

I'd definitely pick Earls ahead of Lowe. Never been quite convinced by Lowe at international level. Earls might be getting on, but he's always brought his A game for Ireland. He also has that Roy Keane look in his eye like he could have you killed if he wanted to.

I'd like to see Timoney play, he's really becoming a fantastic player.

I'd definitely pick Earls ahead of Lowe. Never been quite convinced by Lowe at international level. Earls might be getting on, but he's always brought his A game for Ireland. He also has that Roy Keane look in his eye like he could have you killed if he wanted to.
Except 5 of the 6 times he's played against NZ. There's a couple of sides I'm never too comfortable with Earls playing against but throwing him up against NZ is asking for trouble, almost all of his worst days in green have come against them or France.

What kind of strength team are we expecting for Japan? Based on the summer the coaches clearly respect them and being the first game I'd say they'll want to get some continuity going before NZ. Could see a handful of guys being further beded in like Baloucoune and Coombes but could see us being around 80% in terms of the best players we have available.

It's a pity the USA match was cancelled.

Mack Hansen into the squad in a pretty random callup. He's scoring tries for fun atm, but I think he's still a completely unknown quantity. He was pretty crap defensively against the Dragons if I recall, but his try against the Bulls for example was class.

Also Tom Ahern is back with Munster.

Last edited:
Murray Kinsella's entirely guessed/bibwatched side(?? trying not to get railed like the guy on Boards who called it a probable side).

Possible Ireland XV: Hugo Keenan; Robert Baloucoune, Garry Ringrose, Bundee Aki, Simon Zebo; Johnny Sexton (captain), Jamison Gibson-Park; Andrew Porter, Rob Herring, Tadhg Furlong; Iain Henderson, James Ryan; Caelan Doris, Josh van der Flier, Jack Conan.

I would be disappointed if JGP was starting. Would be surprised if Herring started giving how much media Kelleher has done this week as well. Beyond that..... Meh

Herring and Zebo have no arguments to he the best available options imo. The rest I can at least see why they'd be picked, nothing groundbreaking and no Frawley so #Farrellout

Latest posts