• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Summer Tour? Maybe

Tom Daly is such an uninspired call up. He's very much a player in the same vein as McCloskey or Farrell only significantly worse, like no other province would want him. Hume has really been done dirty.

The uncapped young fellas coming in don't inspire much outside of Byrne and Balacoune. A few handy players but no one I see as players I want to see break the 20 cap mark, a bit worried about our medium term future not gonna lie. *

Ross Moloney also feels a bit charitable like when Holland got his cap, no chance he's got the athleticism for international rugby. Wouldn't back Fineen for the same reason either, seems to be lack of intelligence in selection since 2019.

*Edit: Coombes too.

Last edited:
I don't read his posts anymore, presume you've already said it.
A fun thing I'm thinking about doing is just putting a placeholder post in every thread and then just editing it to say what he says lower down in the thread so I reap all the respect and likes from people new to the thread

I actually can't believe it. I genuinely can't
This is dangerous tbf. High high risk of broken ankles in training

He has the tools to be an international class 10, his only issue currently is lack of experience at the position, but his distribution and kicking games are decent, he's obviously a good carrier, and I can tell you now he may be small but he's feisty in the tackle. Playing around and learning off the likes of sexton could be amazing for him
He's a quality club 15, but internationally I can only see him playing 10, though also would be curious if he could play 9 as well

This Ireland Japan game is the pick of the day on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Obviously have the Lions v Lions later on as well but this Japan game could be interesting. Obviously you'd expect Ireland to put 10-20 points on them but I'd imagine it'll be relatively close for the first half. Hoping it's a well contested game. Any news on team announcement?

This Ireland Japan game is the pick of the day on Saturday. Looking forward to it. Obviously have the Lions v Lions later on as well but this Japan game could be interesting. Obviously you'd expect Ireland to put 10-20 points on them but I'd imagine it'll be relatively close for the first half. Hoping it's a well contested game. Any news on team announcement?

The BBC say the team will be announced on Thursday, but James Ryan is an injury doubt.

POM off on his holi-bops and both Farrell and Larmour are doubts for this weekend. Would hope Farrell wouldn't be involved anyway. Real pity Larmour keeps losing any chance to build momentum and confidence.

If HB doesn't start there'll be war. I think it'll be Burns.

Hasn't been pictured in any training pics for a while. Might be injured.

Wouldn't have any issues with Joey starting. Billy would be annoying but looks like the team will be almost completely different.

Latest posts