• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Summer Tour NZ 2022

Stuart Foghorn Barnes calling for Cane to be dropped by ABs. Like that is going to happen. Doesn't he know he's Foster's love child.

should grabbed cullenGrace instead of Patty. I like tuipolotu but he needs time to acclimatize after being in Japan for so long

1657153172245.png

actually prefer this to last weeks selection

playing 3 opensides though, this is what happens when we insist on starting savea at 8, its under the roof so its not going to become a forwards slug match

We might have seen the last of Karl - if only the crowd knew last week they could have given him a send off.

Looking forward to the last 20 of this one - hoping to see this lineup
Ross
Taukeiaho
Taavao
Tuipolotu
Retallick
Papalii
Savea
Sowakula
Fakatava
Mounga
Faingaanuku
Jordie
Ione
Jordan
Beauden

Hoping for a last minute victory

The Irish came out firing and out lack of games play shown up once again

I was happier with our squad but I just didn't fire

We'll done and fully deserved

Maori all blacks named.

Same as last week except
At lock, Selby rickett starting instead of Dickson, with hicks in reserves
Renata replacing Ainsley as tighthead reserve
Prinsep replacing tuasua at 6
Delaney replaces howden as loose forward reserve
Perenara and weber swap starting and finishing roles
Midfield, nankivell replaced poihipi with bailyn Sullivan and proctor swapping starting and reserve positions
Moorby replaces zarn Sullivan at fullback

So, same as last year the philosophy seems to be that everyone in the squad gets to play. But a bit of a pity that four of their best last time miss out altogether - zarn Sullivan, tuasua, Dickson, poihipi

IRELAND v Māori All Blacks
SKY Stadium, Wellington, Tuesday 12th July 2022
KO: 8.05am Irish Time

15. Michael Lowry (Ulster/Banbridge) 1 cap
14. Jordan Larmour (Leinster/St Mary's College) 30 caps
13. Keith Earls (Munster/Young Munster) 97 caps CAPTAIN
12. Stuart McCloskey (Ulster/Bangor) 6 caps
11. Jimmy O'Brien (Leinster/Naas) uncapped
10. Ciaran Frawley (Leinster/Skerries) uncapped
9. Craig Casey (Munster/Shannon) 5 caps

1. Jeremy Loughman (Munster/Garryowen) uncapped
2. Niall Scannell (Munster/Dolphin) 20 caps
3. Tom O'Toole (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 2 caps
4. Joe McCarthy (Leinster/Dublin) uncapped
5. Kieran Treadwell (Ulster/Ballymena) 7 caps
6. Cian Prendergast (Connacht) uncapped
7. Nick Timoney (Ulster/Banbridge) 2 caps
8. Gavin Coombes (Munster/Young Munster) 2 caps

Replacements
16. Rob Herring (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 27 caps
17. Ed Byrne (Leinster/UCD) 6 caps
18. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers) 24 caps
19. Ryan Baird (Leinster/Dublin University) 8 caps
20. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 29 caps
21. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 98 caps
22. Joey Carbery (Munster/Clontarf) 34 caps
23. Mack Hansen (Connacht) 5 caps

Whatever I think of Harry Byrne. What was point in him being out there. Waste of a spot and we could have used another 10.

I guess Maori games don't count as Irish caps so?
No. They only invitational games. Like when Murray and Zebo and Cuthbert were out and went to a lovely ladies house and she offered them a cup of tea and then .....

Whatever I think of Harry Byrne. What was point in him being out there. Waste of a spot and we could have used another 10.

The point was for him to play...he picked up an injury the week they arrived. Obviously there is an argument that that should have been somewhat expected given his recent unfortunate experience but the plan was obviously for him to start both Maori games. It hasn't worked out but if that had happened we'd a the very least be in a much better position to assess him.

The point was for him to play...he picked up an injury the week they arrived. Obviously there is an argument that that should have been somewhat expected given his recent unfortunate experience but the plan was obviously for him to start both Maori games. It hasn't worked out but if that had happened we'd a the very least be in a much better position to assess him.
Yes. and is out for another few weeks. So why not replace him? Did 1 light session in New Zealand. So he either had ****le going out there or is more fragile than a china dish.

There alot of times he has been unfortunate with injury which leads to longer term worries. But why was he kept out there. Another 10 could've had a shot.
Yes we did need to assess him but it should be on the back of a string of games where he has fitness and form

Yes. and is out for another few weeks. So why not replace him? Did 1 light session in New Zealand. So he either had ****le going out there or is more fragile than a china dish.

There alot of times he has been unfortunate with injury which leads to longer term worries. But why was he kept out there. Another 10 could've had a shot.

Given they announced he was fit to rejoin training at the start of last week and the finicky nature of hamstring injuries I imagine they were uncertain about his status until fairly late. If it was in France we'd have probably called someone up but NZ is a bit of a logistical nightmare and they've been unwilling in general to call up people unless absolutely necessary. Would say they were happy with the cover Frawley and Lowry provided for the Māori games even if it's far from ideal.

Given they announced he was fit to rejoin training at the start of last week and the finicky nature of hamstring injuries I imagine they were uncertain about his status until fairly late. If it was in France we'd have probably called someone up but NZ is a bit of a logistical nightmare and they've been unwilling in general to call up people unless absolutely necessary. Would say they were happy with the cover Frawley and Lowry provided for the Māori games even if it's far from ideal.
Maybe but a wasted opportunity. They had McCloskey and Scannell out in super fast time. Ed Byrne would've been out faster too only for logistical issues.
But the point more so being Harry has had these injuries alot so should edge on side of pessimistic when it come to 50/50 calls. Same as I would with Joey for example.

For what it worth Frawley is the real winner as I think if he gets time next year at 10 I'd want at RWC as he is a superb 12 and if he can cover 10 he impresses me more than I've seen from either Byrne.

Latest posts