• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Argentina

The sad part is Ireland havn't been too bad. O'Gara has single handedly gift wrapped this game for the Pumas, destroying all the good work his team mates have done around him.

Compare the two outside-halfs, Hernandez has been world class today and shown up O'Bottle for what he is; All hype.

Fair play to the Pumas, they deserve to win the group. Hopefull Scotland will offer them at least a challenge, although I wouldn't put money on them going home before the Semis.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3O9AafnjHI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3O9AafnjHI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Aside from O'Gara, the thing which lost Ireland the match today was their lack of competitiveness in the back-row. Lobbe and Longo were everywhere for Argentina, whereas I don't remember one decent ball carry from Leamy and co. all day.

Ironic, O'Gara was terrible yet he made two tries.
Ireland offered little. Argentina still haven't had to play that well.

Baaaaah! Just confirmed the story of the Group of Death to date. Argentina powerful, rucking and tackling like maniacs. Ireland too weak up front, getting in a panic. Even if ROGs kicking had been up to scratch, it wouldn't have made the difference.

Both teams' second tries were beauties, and Hernandez is incredible under the high ball.

Well done, Arg. Playing Scotland will be like looking in the mirror - so watch out for Paterson's penalty kicking.

Great performance by Argentina!!!I`m glad that 2 of 3 celtic teams are out,now IRB have to think about other teams.Sure Scotland will go home.Good luck Argentina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m glad that 2 of 3 celtic teams are out,now IRB have to think about other teams.Sure Scotland will go home.[/b]

I find it amusing that some seem to think that home nations nations being knocked out is some great upset that will revolutionise the game, as if they've always been dominating over the others. The same big teams that are always through are still through - and Wales and Ireland have never played well at World Cups and have failed to qualify for the knock out stages in the past. When Australia or New Zealand fail to qualify, that would be an upset! :)

Great game by argentina. I have to admit they truly deserve to be finish first of that pool.
They are certainly going to reach the semi-final as I don't see Scotland beating them.

Good performance by Argentina. :D

I'm so looking forward to the Argentina-South Africa semi. That is, if nothing goes wrong against Scotland, who had a hard time beating Italy to reach the quarters anyway...

Hernandez has such class! What a game by him. F. Contepomi didn't play his best at centre though... I'm very impressed with the tackling technique of the Argentinian players throughout the pitch. And the work they do in the rucks to retain possession is just awesome. Their n8 had a great performance too, especially in the mauls.

Vamos Pumas! :cheers:

Baaaaah! Just confirmed the story of the Group of Death to date. Argentina powerful, rucking and tackling like maniacs. Ireland too weak up front, getting in a panic. Even if ROGs kicking had been up to scratch, it wouldn't have made the difference.

Both teams' second tries were beauties, and Hernandez is incredible under the high ball.

Well done, Arg. Playing Scotland will be like looking in the mirror - so watch out for Paterson's penalty kicking.
[/b]

After saying what you said of pumas being overrated and other BS statements you made, you should SHUT THE F**K UP and go home.

To other irish fans : you should be proud of your players.

Good performance by Argentina. :D

I'm so looking forward to the Argentina-South Africa semi. That is, if nothing goes wrong against Scotland, who had a hard time beating Italy to reach the quarters anyway...

Hernandez has such class! What a game by him. F. Contepomi didn't play his best at centre though... I'm very impressed with the tackling technique of the Argentinian players throughout the pitch. And the work they do in the rucks to retain possession is just awesome. Their n8 had a great performance too, especially in the mauls.

Vamos Pumas! :cheers:
[/b]

The thing is is that Argentina's kicking was good, but let's face it, even though coming from a Scotland fan, we've (usually) got 3 points every time when a penalty's commited from 40m. Chris Paterson is on the form of his life kicking-wise.

Although we have the base from the kicking of Paterson, our forwards need to be more disciplined and again need to crack the lineout code. With players like Hines and Hamilton in the line up we could easily steal lineout ball from one of the best lineouts in RWC.

Saying this, ARG back play is far superior to what Scotland have been offering so far, its not been getting out of Dewey/Webster. We need Lamont to be on the predator-like form of France 6N 2006.

TIGHT, and I think ARG may edge it. Im soooo badly wanting me to be wrong.

WE WELCOME THE CHASE! :cheers: :cheers:

If los Pumas continue playing like this i dont see how scotland can even imagine winning. Lets just hope the continue playing with so much guts