• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

Casey is a solid operator at set pieces and I disagree about Toner ever making it to stage where he will be a consistent lock in Irish team. Ryan is a better 6 so no won't consider him a future lock. The likes of Nagle in Munster and I know there few in Leinster but that is what will be in when Paulie, DOC and Cullen go.
-----------------
Will say it here because no thread up but I am massively dissappointed with team to play Samoa. No Keith Earls either I actually am bit dumbstruck that Mike Ross is not been tested. I don't think Toner will be a serious international but deserves a chance. What is point in playing BOD when we need to test ourselves without him in case of injury.

I actually don't know

Everything you say is true. Although Toner could become the best lineout option ever seen in international rugby. He's phenomenally tall. Can't believe Earls isnt starting.... disgraceful really. Very happy about Trimble though. I know you aren't a fan, muffin, but personally i think he's one of our most clinical wingers and isn't given enough of a chance

I reckon Toner is much better than MOD. Toner is 6ft 10 and against Munster he dominated the lineouts. Hes not great in open play but neither is MOD.

Time for DOC and D'Arcy to be dropped too I think. They've been in the team automatically for years have have done little.

D'Arcy's been fighting with Paddy Wallace for the 12 jersey for years. Agree about DOC though, although he still is a great player, unlike the king, who unfortunately has become somewhat senile and clumsy. Those royal hands ain't what they used to be. He's still a king though.

I actually am glad Earls isn't starting , he's hasn't looked right sice coming back from the injury, no sense in rushing a young player back.

Really? I think Cronin or SOB or Ross. We've a lot of young backs coming through, why rush Earls back form injury when we could try other options. Or rather could've if Carr was involved.

Everything you say is true. Although Toner could become the best lineout option ever seen in international rugby. He's phenomenally tall. Can't believe Earls isnt starting.... disgraceful really. Very happy about Trimble though. I know you aren't a fan, muffin, but personally i think he's one of our most clinical wingers and isn't given enough of a chance

In form Trimble is a very good winger. Very strong, very quick, opportunistic, hungry for work with a lovely little step and his technical skills have improved a lot - offloading, kicking, the high ball.

Trimble is not in form. He's out of form. Which means I have to take back everything I said about improved technical skills for a start. Hopefully he'll return to form for this game...

If I got an in form Trimble then I'd accept him but he is nowhere near form at the moment and well he never performs in the green the way he does in the Ulster shirt.

Darbutter, as said already Earls needs experience at this level and while I agree his ankle still seems bit shaky he is fit and available. My only conclusion is the possibility he is being given extra week to rehab the ankle before starting on the wing, hence Luke Fitz at 15 preparing him for there.

I'd say Kearney is worried. If Luke plays well on saturday it could mean bad news for Kearney's international career. I think Luke could make a great 15. He used to play 15 for Blackrock. I remember seeing him in the senior cup final against Belvo in 2005. He was very good. Healy was playing for Belvo in that game actually.

I'd say Kearney is worried. If Luke plays well on saturday it could mean bad news for Kearney's international career. I think Luke could make a great 15. He used to play 15 for Blackrock. I remember seeing him in the senior cup final against Belvo in 2005. He was very good. Healy was playing for Belvo in that game actually.
Lots of future pros played in that game. On the Rock team were Leinster players Luke Fitzgerald and Niall Morris along with Connacht's Aidan Wynne and Russia international Vas Artemiev. A couple of guys who recently signed for Doncaster played for Rock that day too I think. Belvo's team contained Ireland internationals Cian Healy and Ian Keatley as well as Leinster's Paul O'Donohoe and Eoin O'Malley. That's a crazy amount of quality players from one schools cup game.

Lots of future pros played in that game. On the Rock team were Leinster players Luke Fitzgerald and Niall Morris along with Connacht's Aidan Wynne and Russia international Vas Artemiev. A couple of guys who recently signed for Doncaster played for Rock that day too I think. Belvo's team contained Ireland internationals Cian Healy and Ian Keatley as well as Leinster's Paul O'Donohoe and Eoin O'Malley. That's a crazy amount of quality players from one schools cup game.

Woah! that's actually incredible. But neither team have anything on that Rock team of 2009. They were amazing.

I think Kearney needs competition and this could be good for him. I think that is why he is playing well at Leinster since there is a new coach and Fitz and Nacewa are capable of playing full back plus Conway is starting to mature he has alot of competition. while up untill now Kearney hs had to fight Murphy for the Irish shirt and lets face it Murphy is older, out of form and not playing in Ireland his chances even against an out of form Kearney are slim.

Woah! that's actually incredible. But neither team have anything on that Rock team of 2009. They were amazing.

That'd be Macken, Conway and others? Who else you expected to come through from that lot?

Vermeulen is not in the squad and Alberts is not really an 8-man. I prefer him as a flanker. Leaves Kankowski

Sounds great to me. . . he is according to me our best anyways, strength isn't everything. (Aplon) nudge nudge

It is a few pages back. soz

Latest posts