• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irish Talent

Healy's future lies as a hooker not a prop, whilst his play with ball in hand is excellent, his scrummaging leaves a lot to be desired, also as he likes the glory his positional sense needs a lot of work (he needs to commit to more rucks)

all that being said, he is only 20 and he will evolve to be a lions standard hooker, but not a prop

If Healy stays fit he'll get a Lions test place eventually. He's that good, his strength is phenomenal so give him a few years and he'll be a mainstay in the Irish side.

Buckley also looks more than promising so we're not as screwed as we once thought we were. [/b]
Buckley has massive strength - he threw one Edinburgh player around like a doll in the latest Munster match. Pity he failed with a tackle on his inside arm to let them score. Don't know if he'll stay in the front row.

Buckley has massive strength - he threw one Edinburgh player around like a doll in the latest Munster match. Pity he failed with a tackle on his inside arm to let them score. Don't know if he'll stay in the front row.[/b]
Good point, but he's what 6ft 4", and a stone heavier then John Hayes. A monster of a man, but in the grand scheme of things, too small and probably too heavy to make an effective second row. Probably the bigger point would be that the IRFU need props, we dont need second rows as badly. The guy will stay a prop for one of those reasons I'd say. Still very early days though.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> There's also a Russian kid by the name of Artimiev who could be big in a few years. [/b]
Is that good for Russia or good for us? ;)
[/b][/quote]

Hey yeah, I'm interested in knowing more about this Russkie. Can anyone shed some light? Cheers. [/b][/quote]

Russian kid comes to Blackrock college (big rugby school) at age 15, decides to try rugby, is immediately brilliant, ends up playing on the U-15 1st team in the junior cup, scores a hat-trick in the final to beat the school I was in ( :ranting: ), plays 3 years of Senior Cup rugby and underage rugby for Ireland at one level but the next year the IRB decide he's ineligibly for schoolboy teams as his parents live in Moscow. Now in the Leinster academy and playing AIL for UCD.

A guy everybody neglected to mention has just been called into the full Ireland squad - Niall O'Connor is just 20 years old and looks a good prospect at flyhalf.

Johny Sexton maybe
Luke Fitzgerald
Rob Kearny
Andrew Trimble
Tommy Bow
Brian Kearny
What about Ian Dowling ?
Niall Oconner
Cian Heally
Tony Buckly
Neil Best
The russian guy i only just heard about now
And ive missed a good few forwards

Brian Kearny
What about Ian Dowling? [/b]
Carney had a chance to make a name for himself and didn't take it. As far as I'm aware he has an option to end his Munster contract during the summer. With the RL World Cup coming up later this year, I fully accept him to jump codes again and end his career in the 13 man game.

Dowling is a solid club player but isn't international class in my opinion. While his desire can't be faulted, he lacks top level pace and is very predictable in what he does. Tommy Bowe, Rob Kearney, Luke Fitzgerald, Felix Jones, Johne Murphy, Mark McCrea, Fionn Carr, Keith Earls and Vasily Artemiev are all younger, more talented wing options than Dowling.

Keith Earls, centre for Munster.

Shame none of the young talent will get much game time for their provinces.

rob kearney looks like a real find for you.

unfortunately you lot need some confidence and a new coach. the front row is very poor, and o'gara only seems to play well behind a solid pack. wales' back row dominated... and ireland had such poor ball

Latest posts