• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is Chabal Now Better Than Dallaglio (At His Prime)?

You'd have to go back a fair way to find it, but at his peak Dallaglio was a class above Chabal.

Whats the verdict - Chabal or Dallaglio? [/b]
Yes, Chabal is untouchable
You'd have to go back a fair way to find it, but at his peak Dallaglio was a class above Chabal. [/b]
You watch your back. Such blasphemy is not tolerated by CHABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL*cue echo*

From an NZer's perspective id agree chabal's very good and talented but to say he's better then Dallagio "I DONT THINK SO"

Chabal plays every minute of winning RWC campaign.

Chabal leads team to Heineken Cup/Premiership double.

I could carry on but we all know how terribly overrated Chabal is.

I could carry on but we all know how terribly overrated Chabal is. [/b]
And we all know how much of a midget f___ing, wanking, douchebag Dayglo is.

I could carry on but we all know how terribly overrated Chabal is.
[/b]
At least Chabal ain't no drug dealer, all the speed n **** prob kept Lawrence in the game :D

I agree with AllezWasps when he say Chabal is overrated. He is a very good player, he learnt so much in England but he is surely not better than Dallaglio at his best.

I cant remember Dallaglio at his best but to be fair to Chabal he plays against considerably tougher defenses than Lawrence did in his time. I would say abouth the same.

TBH much as i dislike the guy, Dayglo was great in his prime. The key thing was the amount of respect he had from opposition. much more than what Chabal gets, whose fame is as media driven as Dallaglios attempts to stay in the spotlight he created through playing well. Plus Dallaglio won alot more trophies.

TBH much as i dislike the guy, Dayglo was great in his prime. The key thing was the amount of respect he had from opposition. much more than what Chabal gets, whose fame is as media driven as Dallaglios attempts to stay in the spotlight he created through playing well. Plus Dallaglio won alot more trophies. [/b]
I completely disagree...I think Chabal gets plenty of respect from his opposition. And, Chabals fame is TRF driven...it started here!

It's true, "Chabalist" was coined through TRF and is begining to get mainstream recodnition.

<div class='quotemain'> TBH much as i dislike the guy, Dayglo was great in his prime. The key thing was the amount of respect he had from opposition. much more than what Chabal gets, whose fame is as media driven as Dallaglios attempts to stay in the spotlight he created through playing well. Plus Dallaglio won alot more trophies. [/b]
I completely disagree...I think Chabal gets plenty of respect from his opposition. And, Chabals fame is TRF driven...it started here!
[/b][/quote]

OK Chabal's fame did start here, but he is was a real marketing icon in the world cup. He gets plenty of respect from opposition, but not to the same degree as Dallaglio used to. Pre-2003 he was a player considered world class by just about every opponent. Chabal isn't quite there.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> TBH much as i dislike the guy, Dayglo was great in his prime. The key thing was the amount of respect he had from opposition. much more than what Chabal gets, whose fame is as media driven as Dallaglios attempts to stay in the spotlight he created through playing well. Plus Dallaglio won alot more trophies. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

OK Chabal's fame did start here, but he is was a real marketing icon in the world cup. He gets plenty of respect from opposition, but not to the same degree as Dallaglio used to. Pre-2003 he was a player considered world class by just about every opponent. Chabal isn't quite there.

[/b][/quote]

He's a World Class Super-Sub, Dayglo was a World Class starter. I know which one I'd rather have: the one that will give me 80minutes of world class rather than the one that can give me 20.

The only people who think that Chabal is a better player than Dallaglio(in his prime) are the younger members who with all respect cant even remember him at his peak. Chabal is a superb ball carrier but to compare him to one of the all time greats is simply wrong. Some idiot said that he didnt play against as strong defenses as there are today, what ********, hes only been around for the last 12-13 years.
Anyone with decent Rugby knowledge will appreciate that Dallaglio love him or hate him is a legend of English Rugby.
Look back at the Lions V Boks 2nd test in 1997. In that game, a true intense, physical, pressure match Dallaglio was immense. He stood up to what ever the Boks could throw at him and inspired one of the great Lions series wins. England v New Zealand in 2002 was Dallaglios finest hour after being sent to the bin he came out and completely strangled the game from the All Blacks.
When the **** hits the fan and you need a true warrior look no further than Dallaglio.

As captain under woodward he also helped build the English side towards competing and beating the SH sides, before being a key player in the domintant side in 2003. He played every minute of the world cup for a reason.

Chabal just can't play 80 minutes. We saw during the last cup Pelous left his position to Chabal only after 20 minutes, and Chabal was too tired to be efficient 60 minutes.

I love it how people are running down Chabal during the world cup, when there are 3 key factors into his barely above average performances;

1. Chabal is a number 8 who was put into the boiler room.
2. Laporte is an idiot who thinks Harinordoquy is actually a good player, so prefers him. Like I say, he's an idiot.
3. Chabal was never given a full 80 minutes because of point 2. When he did play, just like Michelak, France were a much better side.

Right now, Chabal is the best 8 in the world when they game is a damn sight tougher then 10 years ago.

I love it how people are running down Chabal during the world cup, when there are 3 key factors into his barely above average performances;

1. Chabal is a number 8 who was put into the boiler room.
2. Laporte is an idiot who thinks Harinordoquy is actually a good player, so prefers him. Like I say, he's an idiot.
3. Chabal was never given a full 80 minutes because of point 2. When he did play, just like Michelak, France were a much better side.

Right now, Chabal is the best 8 in the world when they game is a damn sight tougher then 10 years ago.
[/b]

Whether Chabal is the best number eight in the world is not the point. Is he better than Dallaglio in his prime-that is the question, of course NO.
Look at their careers, look at their trophies, look at their influence on teams they have been in,look at their performance in BIG games. This answers the question beyond doubt.
In his prime no coach ever had to doubt if Lol was the man for the job, his class said it all.
Sometimes you have to put aside your personal,petty dislikes for the sake of what is right .
Dallaglio is finished as an international player but surley your hate doesnt shield your eyes from the back row great that was LAWRENCE DALLAGLIO.(by the way is he in the hall of fame)

Latest posts