• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is Chabal Now Better Than Dallaglio (At His Prime)?

Dallaglio was in the squad at the begining because there was nobody else post-Rodber. Who was also 10 times the player (let alone a person) Dallaglio could ever hope to be. Wrapping the management around his little finger was all that kept him there.

<div class='quotemain'> Chabal plays every minute of winning RWC campaign.

Chabal leads team to Heineken Cup/Premiership double.

I could carry on but we all know how terribly overrated Chabal is. [/b]
And we all know how much of a midget f___ing, wanking, douchebag Dayglo is.
[/b][/quote]

And we all know how this matters in the context of the thread.

leetism.

Dallaglio was in the squad at the begining because there was nobody else post-Rodber. Who was also 10 times the player (let alone a person) Dallaglio could ever hope to be. Wrapping the management around his little finger was all that kept him there.
[/b]

I don't like Dallaglio and his rather large ego, but he was a f***ing good player at his peak. There's a reason Hill-Back-Dallaglio became the best backrow in the world - no weak link.

He has nowhere near the on-field presence now, but back at the height of his powers there are very, very few players who you would have traded him for.

The only people who think that Chabal is a better player than Dallaglio(in his prime) are the younger members who with all respect cant even remember him at his peak. Chabal is a superb ball carrier but to compare him to one of the all time greats is simply wrong. Some idiot said that he didnt play against as strong defenses as there are today, what ********, hes only been around for the last 12-13 years.
Anyone with decent Rugby knowledge will appreciate that Dallaglio love him or hate him is a legend of English Rugby.
[/b]

Appears i have hit on a soft spot, its a fact that defenses were considerably weaker 10 years ago than they are now. Just look at the condition of the players, no longer fat slobs with baggy shirts but all muscle. There is no need to refer to me as an "idiot" i was stating my opinion if you disagree fine, i stated that i remember little of Dallaglio in his prime so i never went into any real detail on who i though was better.

I appreciate that you might be slightly disillusioned as you are English. ;) Jokes!

I really struggle to see what exactly people see in Chabal. Seriously, big and strong ball-carrier, makes the occasional admittedly huge hit, but absolutely no finesse on the field.

Dallaglio in his prime was light years ahead of the current Chabal. What you got with Dallaglio was 200% commitment, unlike Chabal`s Oscar-winning football dives. You also got an intelligent player who could be equally effective playing towards the ball, as well as into space. With Chabal, you generally get the shoulder braced for contact, seeking out the nearest defender to run straight into. And in terms of Chabal`s only real strength, his physicality- well Dallaglio in his prime was every bit as physical, if not more so.

So basically, Dallaglio by a country mile really. Although I`d take Zinzan in his prime over either, every single time.

Dallaglio is a LEGEND of the game. Ok he can talk himself up when he wants to but he has been there and done it all and won pretty much all there is to win. Chabal is a good player but that's all, his reputation is largely based on his looks. He's big and hairy and looks like the sort of person you don't want to meet down a dark alleyway, but that doesn't make him a great player.

Latest posts