• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is it worth it

poopiepeople

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Leinster
I noticed on Steam all the reviews are bad, but figured that most players were let down due the high caliber of the football manager games (which are ****ing brilliant). I suspected this from the beginning as it's a different company and was wondering if it was actually worth buying even if you have to a lot of modding yourself? Is it worth the money or should I wait until a sale?

Don't get it... Yet. As above, wait for it to be fixed and then see how the reviews are. I absolutely loved the games before this and am a huge fan of the Football Manager series and this one just doesn't cut it. I have tried and tried to get into it without any luck.

Worst.... Game.... Every... massive let down... it actually feels worse than pro rugby manager 2

Hi, don't know if you read any of the reviews on Steam. But I would like to clarify the negativity, at least from my perspective.

The problem with the game is not comparing it to other sport management sims. If you have ever played Pro Rugby Manager 2005, simply opening up the ***le screen of PRM 2015 will make you realize that this game is somewhat of a con job... I have been a very big supporter of PRM 2005, and I think it still has major potential. Unfortunately PRM 2015 does not polish what 2005 had. In fact it seems to be using the exact same code base, same flavor text for e-mails and notifications, and even the same soundtrack. The match engine also seems to be recycled from 2005, with some slight changes which are turning out to be bugged over the 2005 version of it.

The only thing that is new, is the UI. And when I say UI, I literally mean the buttons and window navigation. The content and pages are still the same.

At face value this sadly looks like an attempt to make a quick buck off of the franchise, by building hype and PR with pre-orders. And they have mostly been successful. I think the money this game generated was a major score compared to the costs of (re)producing it.

So in summary, I would say do not waste your money. I think for now the people who already spent their money on it can only hope that Cyanide will react to the negative backlash and realize that they are trying to milk a community who were willing to support them in creating a good game.

Having spent time on it, I do feel the game is a bit of a step back from its previous versions. Little things like no friendlies, editor and not being able to take over international rugby sides for me have an impact on the longevity of the game.

I see this is on a fairly large discount on Steam after dropping price already and is only about 10 bucks Canadian. Is it even worth that? I notice the last patch was in early October so it seems the developers have kind of abandoned it after fixing the most egregious problems.

Probably best to wait and see what Rugby Union Team Manager 2015 is like when it comes out on the 3rd Dec.

Probably best to wait and see what Rugby Union Team Manager 2015 is like when it comes out on the 3rd Dec.

Excellent point, think I'll do that, the sale will be over by then but the other game can't be much worse.

Latest posts