• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is the PS3 hotting up?

I watched BBC news earlier on & they have said that the PS3 will not have a price cut in europe, but instead they are giving you two games & two controllers. In the US they have cut the price buy $100 (£50) but this doesn't include the two games & two controllers.

Article found here.

I bet that two free games are crap or most likely the two games that where launched on release date & it wouldn't surprise me if one of the controller was a budget controller.

I bet that two free games are crap or most likely the two games that where launched on release date & it wouldn't surprise me if one of the controller was a budget controller.
[/b]
The two games are apparently a choice between first-party launch ***les. Which, if I recall correctly, are Resistance, Genji, Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7 and Formula One.

Make of that what you will.

Well, Motorstorm and Resistance were supposed to be pretty good, all be it not worth £200 a piece.

Only Resistance comes close to remotely piquing my interest! Bundle in GTA4 and PES7 and I'll be there!

Well, this is my first post ever from my new PS3. I'm certainly enjoying it. It'll go great with the new Bravia that's coming next week. We ended up buying the KLV40D300A. Not quite 1080p, but there you go.

I cannot see PS3 coming back dramatically tbh.

Fair enough, they aren't doing so bad that Sony will go out of business, and that they will have to employ Lora to advertisefor them with his ginormous (big) mouth...

X360 will be very successful, it's just a waiting game as to whether or not PS3 will have a slice of the gold.

No one I knows has a 360 here in Canada, Im not sure why but most people that would get a console have got a Wii, or are waiting to get a PS3 in the next few months.

I just got one. Very pleased with it. the wireless controler is great, and its motion control works well also. Driving games are great with it (F1 and Motorstorm so far)

And consider that you get a Blu Ray player also, and its full featured and upconverts DVD also, its not a bad deal. I got it at the lower cost after price drop, but I was prepared to pay the higher cost as I did intially but got the retailer to refund me the difference afterwards.

I never really understood the fascination with blu ray. Then again, I could say the same thing about HD DVD. I have a perfectly adequate DVD collection. I am happy with this collection. I am not in a hurry to replace it again.

And these high def discs contain much more data than an ordinary DVD. So, by law of mathematics, a scratch on a blu ray disc (50Gb) is going to have significantly more data corrupted than a DVD (9Gb) would in the same situation.

No sir, I don't like it.

but even if you had bluray or hddvd then you will still be able to use your current dvd collection. which i am happy about i have over 400 o_O

if the ps3 is more reliable and less noisy than a 360, then i will get one. not too many exclusive ***les just yet to entice

Next year is ps3's main year.. Atm their games are ok.. Resistance is very good along with motorstorm.. i own both.. but still atm.. its behind but catching up

I see no point in getting a ps 3 now that blu-ray drives for the pc are cheaper than getting a ps3 (in aus). I went into a dse yesterday and they had like 10 of them stacked up outside the main enterance on display because they can't sell them.

John carmack from id software said that the ps3 is the most difficult to console for and they were having lots of problems trying to get their engine to run properly on it. they just recently hired one of the best ps3 programers to help them getting their stuff to run as smooth as it can on the ps3. I really don't see much of a future for the ps3 unless it becomes easier to develop for and it gets some big exclusives.

Which Sony are aware of (finally), and I'm pretty sure the next 6 months are going to see some great games come out and some even better features via firmware updates.

I think a price drop of $200 (NZ) could happen around years end too.

I am definitely enjoying my PS3, although I must admit they have to do a lot over the next 12 months to catch up with Xbox360's 12 month headstart in NZ.

Ok im wondering why should i buy a PS3 when i could get a xbox360 and a wii for around the same price?

Ok im wondering why should i buy a PS3 when i could get a xbox360 and a wii for around the same price?
[/b]
Don't bother, they made it to be an entertainment unit which can last a decade even though it hasn't really shown much of a superiority over the 360, ***anic here we come.....

Besides, 360's are for gangstas...specially free ones B)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Don't bother, they made it to be an entertainment unit which can last a decade even though it hasn't really shown much of a superiority over the 360, ***anic here we come.....

Besides, 360's are for gangstas...specially free ones B) [/b][/quote]

Haha recently some cats went and stole some 360s from a local Video store. They smashed the glass door and went through all that trouble just to end up taking boxes without 360s :lol: Thx for the advice

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Besides, 360's are for gangstas...specially free ones B) [/b][/quote]

Haha recently some cats went and stole some 360s from a local Video store. They smashed the glass door and went through all that trouble just to end up taking boxes without 360s :lol: Thx for the advice
[/b][/quote]
I got mine for free through a mobile phone plan, then sold the phone and ended up $300 dollars up by the end of it :p

Plus 'backing up' games for the 360 is much easier from my understanding, in case of the scratches to the original of course... ;)

I fkn hate Microsoft and I only bought a Wii because my 360 was away getting repaired, but I dont see the PS3 getting ascendancy in the next 5 years.

What's scary for Sony is that Blu Ray sales (and HD-DVD for that matter) are yet to make a significant dent in movie sales. In fact, DVD sales went up by 12% last year. It's all well and good that the PS3 is a more powerful machine, but the game selection is crap and Sony don't have any decent tools for developers to create games for their platform... plus the most important thing; if I had both machines, I would still buy the 360 version of a game for the achievement points (yes, I am a point whore).

All I'm saying is that I don't think the sony fanboys can keep falling back on this "PS3 has a blu-ray player" cos it just doesn't hold any weight, not yet anyway.

The whole "fanboy" thing is crap - on both sides. People are merely buying what they like. I'm not that much of a Sony fan that I'd pay $500 (NZ) more for a PS3, just because it is a Sony Playstation product.

I bought it for a variety of reasons. The Xbox 360's that work properly are great machines too. If you are one of the lucky 70% to get one that works all the time, they are a fantastic next-gen product in their own right. I will buy one too next year.

I really think it's hard judging a console that has been out for 12months less by the same yardstick as where Xbox 360 is now. There'll be some serious catch-up over this next year and gamers on both sides will benefit.

The whole "fanboy" thing is crap - on both sides. People are merely buying what they like. I'm not that much of a Sony fan that I'd pay $500 (NZ) more for a PS3, just because it is a Sony Playstation product. [/b]

Yeah i know people that bought PS3s just because it was a Sony product. Im no expert on brands but everything that sony makes is usually pretty crappy including this vaio sony laptop im using.Though the HDTVs are good though.

Latest posts