• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

is there too much rugby on?

Let`s face the reality! I`ve seen huge number of empty seats at Cantebury vs Auckland! 10 years ago this kind of a game was a sold out two weeks before it started! People becoming less and less interesed in rugby! Why is that? Simple! We sacrifice the quality for quantity!

In Scotland there is literally NO rugby on, unless it's the internationals or the very odd anglo-welsh cup game. Absolutley no Scottish pro or club rugby on telly, I watch the highlights on the Magners League on S4C (shame I don't speak Welsh though).
[/b]
When we are speaking as to what is available, let's make it clear if your talking about subscription television or free television. There is no Rugby on free television in America. In fact, people over here don't know what rugby is outside of the one Friends episode where Ross plays rugby in the park with his wife's (the british girl) ex and his friends and they beat the crap out of him. But, thanks to Setanta Sport (God bless them) I get a load of Rugby (still not as much as I want, but a lot better than when Fox Sports World carried a few matches).

So, do they really not show Rugby on television in Scotland? Or do you just have to pay for a subscription service in Scotland to see it.

don't complain too much in the SH ... in france there are no matches on the normal TV, you need the satellite for that. we only have the H cup and internationals but nothing on the top 14. damn f****** private channels !!!

How else are they supposed to make money? :bleh!:
It's the way of the world...you gotta pay for what you want. Free Television is a thing of the past. All quality TV costs money.

I dont think there is, im one of those rugby obssed people i try to watch everygame. I personally enjoy watchin Manawatu and Hawkes Bay mearly because it adds a new flavour to the competion regardless of results.

The only rugby that we see here in oz is test matches. unless you have pay tv

i think there are too many comps here in the southern hemisphere. i'd prefer we only had a super14 and it was longer and we played eachother twice. the npc and south africa's provincial should only be a stepping stone for players trying to make it into the super14 and eventually into the international teams.

do you mean you only have 1 match in the super 14 ? no home and away matches ? only 13 matches per season ? sounds crap !!!
btw what is free to air TV ? is it satellite tv ?

yeah each team only plays eachother once, stink eh? would be much better if u scrapped the tri-nations and maybe only have it once every two years or something and had a long super14. that way we'd have more home games and stuff.
free to air isn't satelite here in nz, it's analogue or whatever, not digital. the cheap, budget one. in the near future tho their thinkn of making it satelite.

or having a home and away super 14 and a single or double round tri nation ? ... but it can be the reason why SH has better national teams than NH, 'cause they play more matches ... the tri nation is 3 round where 6N is inly 1 round ...
free to air is cable tv isn't it ? anyway its private and paying TV ? it sucks !!!

1 roumd is plenty I wouldnt want any more your talking about 30 rounds of super 14 they couldnt do it you guys are f***en stupid

Latest posts