• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is this seriously a bug or is it just me?

C

coughas

ok i'm not sure whether its just me or not but you know how you can get the fly half to run onto the ball by holding the right thumbstick forward..... well is it just me or can this only be performed in the second half? i cant work out wether its just me or this is for real.

if its true then that is the most ridiculous bug i've ever seen and cant possibly work out who in their right mind would not be able to rectify this.

it is such a good game but is really frustrating me when it comes to this.

ta

dunno about this but im playing r2006 on the xbox and scrums and mauls don't seem to do anything in classic 2 mode, i can't push at all.

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 16 2006, 11:52 PM
dunno about this but im playing r2006 on the xbox and scrums and mauls don't seem to do anything in classic 2 mode, i can't push at all.
This isn't occurring on the PS2 - with a bit of momentum built up i could get moving forward with mauls and scrums in classic 2 mode..

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 16 2006, 11:52 AM

I'm having rolling maul trouble too. Same goes for getting a player to run onto the ball. I'm on PC version. Is it because of the view?

I can do it in both halves on Xbox with side view... haven't tried others. I find it works well when you get quick ball and can quite often catch the opponent offside, but if you try it off slow ball your 10 could be in for a pounding...

i read in locksley's post that he had the same problem with the fly half not running on to the ball in the 2nd half.......he said that in the second half that you must push the stick in the opposite direction as to what you pushed it in the 1st half then the guy would run on to the ball. i havnt played 06 yet so i cant be 100% sure.

I hate it in WL when your pack is too weak and the scrums just keep turning... :angry:

And when you play at Northampton and have straight forwards simple kick at the posts towards the left hand side you can't see the posts/conversion/penalty sometimes. This get's really annoying too.

The FH running onto the ball thing is alright for me though. I tend to use set-plays quite a lot, especially the dummy switch.

i can push in scrums and mauls in sideview without a problem. just not in classic 2 mode.

I think it's a case of pushing the analog/direction UP in one half to get him to run onto the ball, and DOWN in the other. I think it alters, so if UP doesn't work in one half try pressing DOWN.

never heard of these problems - i use side view though

the main bug i encounter is the ai not getting the ball out of the ruck and a scrum

happens every now and again and the ai just doesnt pick it up...like its stuck

also kicking for goal

on elite, there some twitchy mechanic in the kicking tool.........if u get it right on the line for power, 12:00, it doesnt really matter have far off the accuracy @ 6:00, coz it just goes nearly straight

but when using less power ie 10:00, it will spray wide

I think in classic you push left and right instead of up and down for mauls, its like the controls have been left from side view.

Originally posted by coughas@Feb 16 2006, 11:45 PM
ok i'm not sure whether its just me or not but you know how you can get the fly half to run onto the ball by holding the right thumbstick forward..... well is it just me or can this only be performed in the second half?  i cant work out wether its just me or this is for real.

if its true then that is the most ridiculous bug i've ever seen and cant possibly work out who in their right mind would not be able to rectify this.

it is such a good game but is really frustrating me when it comes to this.

ta
If you're using Classic 2 or 3 view, you have to push DOWN on the stick in one of the halves to get the player to run onto the ball.

It's as if they having changed it from the Classic view even though the camera swings around.

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 17 2006, 11:55 AM
thats a pretty big bug then
sure is

Sideview..........hint hint

its been coded to be played in sideview obviously

just do it already peoples :cheers:

yeah i normally play sideview anyway

i just changed cause i wanted to do field goals, but that didn't last cause i didn't need to do it (in 05)

i like sideview

sideview seems to be the way to go so play on sideview and you haven no problem.

would have to be a bug for sure.

and if you need to do a droppy, just go to the middle of the pitch and do it from there, or just go to one of the classic views and do it.

shouldnt be to hard :) i want to know if we can get a no8 to do a droppy from 40m out just like zinzan brooke :)

In classic 2 or 3 its down on the stick in the first half and then up on the stick in the second half.

Its programmed for a down then up match and still thinks that when your playing an up up match.

:wacko:

Latest posts