• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Issue of diagonal running...

S

spearman

Locks or someone who has played the game - please can you explain how bad the diagonal running youc ited in your review was, and is it the return of the issue with the centres parting?

Thanks

Originally posted by spearman@Jan 31 2006, 08:10 AM
Locks or someone who has played the game - please can you explain how bad the diagonal running youc ited in your review was, and is it the return of the issue with the centres parting?

Thanks
It has been answered. Its pretty much the same as 05.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 31 2006, 09:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 31 2006, 09:47 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-spearman
@Jan 31 2006, 08:10 AM

Thanks
It has been answered. Its pretty much the same as 05. [/b]
I never really found diagonal running an issue in rugby 2005. Just play the game like rugby and you won't notice it.

How does one "play the game like rugby?" - angled runs ARE part of rugby, good lines of running in 05 simply result in no-one tackling you.

Originally posted by spearman@Jan 31 2006, 09:50 AM
How does one "play the game like rugby?" - angled runs ARE part of rugby, good lines of running in 05 simply result in no-one tackling you.
All I'm saying is try not to exploit the diaganol run flaw in rugby 2005. Mix it up with straight running, forward play etc rather than seeking out the weaknesses of the game. When I run diagonally I tend to do it in short bursts to draw my opposite number then send my support runner on a straight run.

We shouldn't have to play differently to allow for "sweet spots", the scourge of sports games. It's like saying to play with 1 hand behind your back if the game is too easy.

Latest posts