• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy to bid for RWC.

Thought they might have a go - as Prestwick said it's in the perfect place, and they have more than enough stadiums to cater to the needs of such a big tournaments - just imagine a couple of the big games in a stadium like San Siro, would be immense! Can see Japan getting 2015 and Italy 2019 if the IRB are in a giving mood.

Cool, I'd probably go to this one if the iRB give them the rights. They won't though, the '15 one will be in England and the '19 one in South Africa.
Japan having it in 2015 and Italy in 2019 would be a dream come true though. :D

Totally, it would be quite possibly the most awesome decision the iRB and the top ten nations could ever make. I'd be so up for Japan 2015 that I'd put away money to buy tickets via any way possible right now.

EDIT: haha, imagine having a £7,000 ticket warchest just to watch every stage of the knockouts live :lol:

Well the IRB want a 'banker' in 2015 so it's unlikely to go to Japan then. But Italy would be perfect - big crowds from the nations next door and it would count as developing and emerging rugby nation.

No excuse to give it to England or South Africa now.

If Italy do get it, lets all club together and buy an old campervan.

Sir Speedy can drive it! :D

Not a good idea. This is what happened the last time I tried to drive one:

ed_imgSNN1009A_540_165901a.jpg

I was the only surviver. :wah: Excuse me while I cut my wrists.

Well the IRB want a 'banker' in 2015 so it's unlikely to go to Japan then. But Italy would be perfect - big crowds from the nations next door and it would count as developing and emerging rugby nation.

No excuse to give it to England or South Africa now. [/b]

Japan can bring a lot of money, big sponsors, big crowds. I guess people from Australia and NZ will travel there too. The FIFA Worldcup was a big success there. They can definitively host a big competition like the RWC.

Italy aint a bad idea..

But Japan should get in first, money in it there and global appeal... but Italy should get it down the track, how many big stadiums are there and what are the capacitys?

well their rugby stadia arent all that impressive but what with the likes of the
san siro-82,955
the olyimpico-72,698
for the big games and then a whole host of staiums around 30,000 im sure they could work something out with the FA

OMG! it will be fantastic if the rwc will be in my italy!! i hope it will.. and i hope we will win it :p

It'd be brilliant to have it again in Europe and for Italy to host it. About time a nation that hasn't host it gets a shot

Italy aint a bad idea..

But Japan should get in first, money in it there and global appeal... but Italy should get it down the track, how many big stadiums are there and what are the capacitys? [/b]

Basically think of all the big Italian Serie A stadiums and that would give a good idea.

The IRB said that probably the RWC 2015 will be hosted by Japan and the 2019 edition by England.

The italian stadia for the RWC are these:

Firenze - 47.282
Genova - 36.536
Marsiglia - 63.012
Milano - 80.081
Napoli - 76.824
Padova - 32.420
Palermo - 36.861
Roma - 80.000
Torino - 27.550
Verona - 42.160

Italy would be a great host, will also do wonders for participation of rugby in Italy and in the long term that can only be a good thing

Italy wouldn't actually be a bad place to host a world cup. It won't get in 2015 but it could get it for 2019.

Latest posts