• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v Wales

From where I was sitting the ball was clearly grounded. The arm fails to hold it up

As he rolled the Stoddart arm was under, he never grounded the ball. Move on because it was not put down.

Loving the Italian Hooker trying to wind Phillips up.

Great kick from Byrne aswell. So far he's having the best game I've seen him play for years....

Edit. 11-21 to Wales at half time.

I feel we need to be a little more patient, especially in defense where we're being pinged to often for being offside.

Last edited:
Just seen the replay, slightly dubious, not enough evidence to support the ball was fully down.

Bergamasco once again showing he is a thug.

If Bergamasco is a thug then Philips is the King of thugs. Italy are playing well but the Welsh defense is very solid. Castro is one of the stand-out players. Also the dis-allowed try was completely wrong; give the benefit to the attacking side.

Well this game is going exactly as i thought it would. A few tries (so far) but ultimately very scrappy. Wales are playing into the Italians hands, too many stupid kicks and really not taking our opportunities. Stoddard did well for his try (and saving one) but the 3 on 1 opportunity just frustrates me. Hopefully this second half will be a bit more pacey, and Wales don't kick so much. Ball in hand = deadly :D

Why are we giving so many stupid penalties. We're throwing possession away :( :(
This stupid tactic of only going one way till theres no more space is stupidly frustrating.... So many over laps on the blind :S :S

Why are we giving so many stupid penalties. We're throwing possession away :( :(
This stupid tactic of only going one way till theres no more space is stupidly frustrating.... So many over laps on the blind :S :S

Wales throwing this game away!

Seriously this game is gonna go the italian way if we continuously try and play tight. The Italians are gonna be licking their lips every time we play tight :( :(
We need to wake up and play whats in front of us and use our overlaps

Bradley Davies comes in from the side and gets penalised and rightly so, however why is Barnes not more consistent when all game the Italian Second Rows have been doing it all game?

Why give a penalty away when you've just turned the ball over in a crucial position.
Welsh Yellow card coming up I fear :( :( Way too many penalties given away :( :(

Aaaarrrrg. Wtf are we doing, bloody giving Italy this game on a plate at the moment!!!

Edit. Good scrum from Wales. But did look like Paul James was driving across. Take that though.

Gatland needs to make a few changes imo. Turnbull should come on as Lydiate hasn't has his best game, and I think he'll add an increased workrate for the last 15min. Halfpenny for Stoddart aswell.

We need to get some territory, we can't get out of our own half at the moment. So we can't really put any attacking moves together and threaten their line.

Edit. ******* Phillips. Turnover and he goes for a bloody box kick which get's charged down. We need the ball and get down the field, not give them the ball back!!!!!!

We are kicking to much ball away! Aimless and Phillips is the major problem with his box kicking.

Yup, not just too much kicking, but rubbish kicking aswell. Phillips' box kicking are too long and too infield. Stephen Jones' kicking has been useless aswell, not getting any distance.

Right, some field position, gotta get some points. Drop goal Hook, hopefully that's enough.

Latest posts