Club or Nation
Barbarians
Italy.png
Versus%20Eccellenza.png
Wales.png

Venue: Stadio Flaminio
Date: Saturday 26th February 2011
Kick Off: 2:30pm GMT​

Wales should be okay. So long as they don't need a try and get a penalty with 20 seconds to go again...

Think Wales will win by not very much
Italy at home is a stronger side than away, and they'll be wanting to redeem themselved from last week, but Wales are the stronger side, and will be wanting to try and build up a series of wins

Be interesting to see what Gatland does here, somehow in this mornings Western Fail Mike Phillips has been backed up by his mates at the Mafia and apparently his display was amazing! Gatland will hopefully see sense and pick Peel at 9, with Knoyle on the bench. Personally id get Halfpenny in over Stoddart, not done much wrong in the last game but Halfpenny offers more. Apart from that id stick with the same side but I still have my reservations over Hook at 10.

I think Wales are going to win, but with Italy playing at home, I don't think it will be by much.

I think Hook needs another couple of games at least before we can rule him out of the fly half position. I think he played well on Saturday setting up Shane's first try (albeit with the help of a mistake from a Scottish defender) but he capitalized on that mistake nonetheless.

Come on Wales! :D

Wales should be looking to win but it's never easy at the Stadio Flaminion. Italy are a different prospect completely. Wales to edge it narrowly.

Thought his misses had sorted him out :lol:

- Can we go for the lineout, sir?
- Yes.
- Are you sure sir?
- If you hurry up.
- Do you think we should go for it?
- I dunno, what does Shanks think?
- Shanks, whaddya think?
- I'll check with the forwards
- JONESY, WHADDYA THINK?
- ASK SIR AND FIND OUT IF WE HAVE TIME
- Sir, do we have time to take the lineout?
- Only if you kick it now
- HE SAYS ONLY IF WE KICK IT NOW
- I'M NOT SURE, WHAT DOES JENKS THINK?
- You don't have time now lads
- JENKS, SHALL WE TAKE THE LINEOUT?
- YES, BUT HURRY UP ABOUT IT! MY JOB IS ON THE LINE!
- Hooky, kick it out.
- If you kick it out now it's game over
- *kick*
- *Whistle whistle whistle*
- You "£$%^&, Sir.

Entirely Chris Whites fault, that one was... :p

I'd like to keep the changes to a minimum and try to build some consistency, specifically in the backrow and midfield.
Halfpenny in for Stoddart, Peel for Phillips.

Talks emerging that Paul James has gone for a scan on his knee today, apparently they think it that serious he could miss the rest of the 6 Nations!

I've heard one to two weeks for Paul.
Cai is a tighthead, Bevington perhaps?

Well Wales have ... Yapp, Bevington, Gill and Duncan Jones to look at first!
This is true,
If Wales still had England to play then I'd campaign more for Griffiths inclusion, but as it stands, I feel a bit dirty for even joking about it :p

Oh really? Damn.
Cai, to be fair, looks passable sometimes. Not at anything higher than Magners, but still.
Dunc had a pretty poor game against Ulster I hear, but he has looked pretty decent lately.

If James is out, I hope they bing Duncan Jones in. We need a little experience now in the front row, and Duncan has plenty. I wonder who they'll start against Italy, Yapp, Bevington, or bring someone like Duncan straight into the starting lineup? I'm a little worried about haveing two inexperienced props in Bevington and Mitchell against Italy (although Bevington has shown he's a capable scrummager for the Ospreys), whilst Yapp would likely get a pasting from Castro. Could be a tough day at scrumtime against them depending on who Gatland picks.

If James is out, I hope they bing Duncan Jones in. We need a little experience now in the front row, and Duncan has plenty. I wonder who they'll start against Italy, Yapp, Bevington, or bring someone like Duncan straight into the starting lineup? I'm a little worried about haveing two inexperienced props in Bevington and Mitchell against Italy (although Bevington has shown he's a capable scrummager for the Ospreys), whilst Yapp would likely get a pasting from Castro. Could be a tough day at scrumtime against them depending on who Gatland picks.

Better hope someone steps up!
We don't need to worry as much about the front row the match after this, and Adam might be back for France.
As of right now I'd go with this:
01 Ryan Bevington
02 Matthew Rees (C)
03 Craig Mitchell
04 Alun Wyn Jones
05 Bradley Davies
06 Dan Lydiate
07 Sam Warburton
08 Ryan Jones
09 Dwayne Peel (Could be back by then)
10 James Hook
11 Shane Williams
12 Jonathan Davies
13 Jamie Roberts
14 Leigh Halfpenny (Again, could be back)
15 Lee Byrne

16 Richard Hibbard
17 John Yapp
18 Jonathan Thomas
19 Josh Turnbull
20 Mike Phillips
21 Stephen Jones
22 Morgan Stoddart

For me Gatland has made an error in not picking Duncan Jones or Rhys Gill, Gill has been in good form for Saracens, at the moment he is a better player than Bevington.

Latest posts