English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 09.31.40.png

Very little need for us to rotate here. Give Casey a start and maybe have someone in for Healy on the bench. Maybe try Beirne at 6 with Ryan in. Casey aside none of that is a big drop.

Would expect a 25 point win. Hard game for Quesada.

Definitely hard call, I agree Ireland might have enough. After the last six months or so of Sexton holding them back. That new fella Crowley looks good. 🎣

Obviously Ireland will win comfortably but I just want to see Italy play like they did in the first 40 minutes against England. If Italy can compete for most of the game and score 2/3 tries that would be a satisfactory performance in my opinion. 42-18 Ireland.

I've got Ireland over Italy.

The Office Irish GIF

Last edited:
Definitely hard call, I agree Ireland might have enough. After the last six months or so of Sexton holding them back. That new fella Crowley looks good. 🎣

They do look better without him. Probably would have won the World Cup if he wasn't the starting flyhalf.

Can't see POM being rested as he settling in as captain and we had long rest before this and time off after.
No need to rotate many. Maybe Casey on bench as I'd prefer JGP and Crowley to continue gel together.
Ringrose maybe and possibility a few smallswaps in 23. Healy rested and maybe bench will be 5-3 , split.

2 points... I think Ireland know they are now fans for a championship, and most fans will want Italy to pull off the performance of the year, and really ignite this championship!

Secondly, I think the Italian gameplan might prove handy this week, England semi successfully strangled them. I think Iteland will be feeling the pressure to prove last week was about them and not about France being under prepared, and that might lead to players forcing it and trying too hard. Italy were unlucky not to get a LBP if I remember correctly (or was that v France), I think theyll go out there with nothing to lose...

Italy to win this by 5!!!

Obviously Ireland will win comfortably but I just want to see Italy play like they did in the first 40 minutes against England. If Italy can compete for most of the game and score 2/3 tries that would be a satisfactory performance in my opinion. 42-18 Ireland.

I'd like to see Italy keep the ball in hand instead of kicking it away systematically.
England were all over the place when Italy ran at them. Got them a couple of lovely tries, gained a lot of round out wide...... and then they stopped running it and started kicking it after 30 minutes with their best open play kicker sitting in the stands watching. It really felt like they were handing England a way back into the game, which they took.

Not saying Ireland and England are close to being the same opponents, but Italy potentially have some nice rugby in them this year, maybe not for the full 80 minutes, and again, maybe not against Ireland, but there's no way they win being conservative and there's no way they win gifting constantly the ball to Ireland's backs to choose their spot.

If they keep it wild, there's maybe a small chance of something magical, and a huge chance of an entertaining game of rugby.

I'd say you've put several children of Paddy Power staff through college with predictions like these.

Oli Jager has been called into the camp. Imagine he will be released again for the weekend though!
He was always in camp. He is part of the "training group"

We have no game this weekend so he will be with them for the week.

Next week then Ireland will only retain 17 players or so for mini camp and the rest return to provinces for URC.

Ireland by 30+
May as well start engraving the GS trophy already.
It's in the bag.

Think in all honesty the English game will be where Slam is decided.
Wales are realistically rebuilding and not at level to challenge for a victory in Dublin.
Italy are the same.
And Scotland are getting good but still too many pieces missing to do it away. At home they are capable but away not yet.

This Irish team has depth now too and is adaptable. I still fear English game will be the test

Latest posts