• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Italy vs England - 03/02/24

Anyone know the turn overs won by England stats. I'm just struggling to remember any good steals which is a concern.

Italy's back row are pretty decent so hopefully it'll be a wake up for when Reffell and co arrive. Wale's back row always have some dog.
Four turnovers, one each for:
Freeman, Roots, Itoje and IFW

Isn't that more to do with the decision making on the pitch?
Quite possibly, but it still shows that, in his own words "we aren't good at anything really" and he's had a year's grace to sort things out.

So which bit of that scrum was Borthwick's fault? You said 'quite possibly' so just seeking to understand your thought process.

It comes across like I'm defending Borthwick … I'm not, but this feels like a strange thing to blame on him.

If anything criticise Itoje for the decision and Obano for the penalty offence.

So which bit of that scrum was Borthwick's fault? You said 'quite possibly' so just seeking to understand your thought process.

It comes across like I'm defending Borthwick … I'm not, but this feels like a strange thing to blame on him.

If anything criticise Itoje for the decision and Obano for the penalty offence.
Probably a poor example for me to use, but I'm simply out of patience. I don't want us to be shunt for a fourth straight year while the coach gobs out platitudes, and that passage of play had me absolutely seething.

Ok which players are being played out of position and Earl and Underhill both put in a good shift so I'm not sure how they were anonymous.

My main problem is the very narrow defence, if Italy can get round England like that then what would Ireland or Scotland do.
Elliott Daly, Ben Earl to a lesser extent

Good article, high risk/reward on blitz defence, wingers pinching in etc. Till England nail it, we'll ship a few.

Chiefs have made the switch to Omar's brand of the Bok Blitz this season and we've had/are having growing pains. It will come good. I am now only shaking watching teams try a crossfield or miss-pass rather than actively having a heart attack. That's progress. It really does push the oppostion deep but the D line has to be so, so fit. Hence Painter getting spanked by Mitchell the other week... *cough* Dan Cole *cough*

That'd be the Italian player wrapped around his ankle while he's lying prone on the floor.

Latest posts