First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Scotland
Screenshot_2024-02-19-14-51-04-009_com.android.chrome.jpg

GGsqz7TXQAAF2XQ.jpeg

The Mish is back in the squad and welcome returns for Kinghorn, Bradbury, Nel and Craig

Bugs me way more than it should that forwards list looks like it's in alphabetical order but isn't.

Can't say I'd read SRU announcements in normal circumstances like this, blaming a ref or stating they're going to win a super bowl but I'm totally confused now that you've pointed this out. How do you get abc's wrong?

I'm really not looking forward to this. The last 3 games have been close Scottish wins, this year I fear they could do a real number on us. We have to improve in every facet of the game to have a chance here. We're not going to beat this Scotland side by dragging them into an arm-wrestle, we have to up our game. If I was a betting man I'd pick Scotland by 10+.

I hope we see roots dropped, CCS to start at 6 or 8 (with Earl moving to 7 and underhill 6). It's harsh but I'd also drop roots from the bench and add Martin at 20.

Then I hope we add Lawrence at 13 and drop Slade to the bench.

Going by our results this year vs last year so far in the 6 nations I'd say it's an easy Scotland win although part of me think SB will have some sneaky tactics to beat Scotland as I bet the rfu have given him a goal of finally being back on top of our northern neighbours.

Let's hope his master plan doesn't involve some one out lateral runners or spiral bombs.

I'll be at Murrayfield for the first time on Saturday. Bookies have Scotland to win by 3. I could go along with that but also wouldn't be surprised if Scotland win comfortably as Scotland have the game to pick off this new English rush defence pretty handily. SA shut Scotland down in the RWC with a similar rush but England aren't SA and haven't had the time to hone the defensive system.

There's nothing I've seen of England in the last two games to suggest an England win even though I hope they do and Scotland stop playing again after 55 mins 😆

I hope we see roots dropped, CCS to start at 6 or 8 (with Earl moving to 7 and underhill 6). It's harsh but I'd also drop roots from the bench and add Martin at 20.

Then I hope we add Lawrence at 13 and drop Slade to the bench.

Going by our results this year vs last year so far in the 6 nations I'd say it's an easy Scotland win although part of me think SB will have some sneaky tactics to beat Scotland as I bet the rfu have given him a goal of finally being back on top of our northern neighbours.

Let's hope his master plan doesn't involve some one out lateral runners or spiral bombs.

Big a fan as I am, I'd leave CCS on the bench for now.

Earl 8, Underhill 7 and Chessum or Martin at 6 with the other in the row.

I'm really not looking forward to this. The last 3 games have been close Scottish wins, this year I fear they could do a real number on us. We have to improve in every facet of the game to have a chance here. We're not going to beat this Scotland side by dragging them into an arm-wrestle, we have to up our game. If I was a betting man I'd pick Scotland by 10+.
I think this is all about how the defense has or hasn't progressed to be honest, if England can rush and stop the wide effectively without leaving gaping holes Russell's threat will be more limited, if it's half hearted or miss timed he will absolutely tear us apart.

I'd like to see Spencer start at 9 but unfortunately I think 75 year old Danny Care will get the gig.

I'd like to see Spencer start at 9 but unfortunately I think 75 year old Danny Care will get the gig.
The bloke is 37, but still in top form. Tbh neither are going to the next world cup (35 and 41), so it doesn't really make sense to me to blood Spencer that much imo

The bloke is 37, but still in top form. Tbh neither are going to the next world cup (35 and 41), so it doesn't really make sense to me to blood Spencer that much imo
If Care's still in top form at 37 then why can't Spencer go to a World Cup at 35? Aaron Smith just went to one at 35 and carved up.

If Care's still in top form at 37 then why can't Spencer go to a World Cup at 35? Aaron Smith just went to one at 35 and carved up.
Because Spencer is not Care in his unusual longevity, and not Smith in his ability. It's not that it's impossible, it's just unlikely that a player who no coach has ever been that keen on will get his big moment between the ages of 31 and 35

Latest posts