• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Wales - 10/02/24

I dont understand what you have to gain by lying, I reposted my original comment lol..

In tour shoes I'd just apologies and move on...

From an England POV it's been good to see Steward used more. He has potential to be a pretty good crash ball option in the back line imo.
in an ideal world a still want a fb with more pace, if Steward does continue though need a winger with some genuine pace, Freemans no slouch and has and excellent power/pace combination, other wing could do with out and out pace though just to add some back 3 balance.

in an ideal world a still want a fb with more pace, if Steward does continue though need a winger with some genuine pace, Freemans no slouch and has and excellent power/pace combination, other wing could do with out and out pace though just to add some back 3 balance.
If only we had a player in the squad who has been tearing it up in the premiership, making line breaks and has explosive speed...

I watched the highlights back, and really do question the penalty try and feel the maul we had collapsed against Italy was a lot more dangerous and potentially try scoring than this one.

For starters, we had 2/3 players with hands on the ball so they'd been a very high probability that if the maul had carried on, it would have been held up.

At least it didn't effect the result I suppose

TBH our whole back line outside Mitchell's fairly pedestrian. Possibly a bit harsh but none are really electric - as Freeman's shown there's more to being a good winger than just speed but you need some proper gas in a back division.

(And please don't cite the AB slaying Youngs, Farrell, Brown, Barrett, Tuilagi, Ashton and Goode as a counter argument :)).

TBH our whole back line outside Mitchell's fairly pedestrian. Possibly a bit harsh but none are really electric - as Freeman's shown there's more to being a good winger than just speed but you need some proper gas in a back division.

(And please don't cite the AB slaying Youngs, Farrell, Brown, Barrett, Tuilagi, Ashton and Goode as a counter argument :)).
Can we cite Ireland? Pace clearly very useful though, and perhaps more achievable for England

Can we cite Ireland?

Keenan is rapid, we use it more for defensive purposes but he's had plenty of gamebreaking moments. I reckon JGP and Ringrose are in the higher percentiles for their positions and Crowley too now.

But, I see your point.

I think the midfield and back three have insanely well rounded and complimentary skill sets that can't really be replicated by many. Farrell has his b rate clones too for this, despite being lower down the pecking order than Larmour and Nash on the right wing I think Stockdale would be a straight swap for Lowe if he wasn't available along with one of Hansen or Jimmy for example.

I watched the highlights back, and really do question the penalty try and feel the maul we had collapsed against Italy was a lot more dangerous and potentially try scoring than this one.

For starters, we had 2/3 players with hands on the ball so they'd been a very high probability that if the maul had carried on, it would have been held up.

At least it didn't effect the result I suppose
Wasn't the pen given for collapsing?

1707697039705.png

Well team out out so far, throw M Smith, OL in and suddenly it doesn't look slow, Daly for an out and out gas man and for my money you have a pretty good balance of power, pace and ball playing.

hope he's a fast learner.
Ioan actually is this, and he trains very, very hard (which I think has possibly played a role in his selection in the first place) so I would also continue to select him now he's got that spot. Wales' main issues did not really stem from either half back IMO. The forward platform in every area was somewhere between both halves of the Scotland match which will be costly when playing against a side like England at Twickenham.

With that said I'd have brought in Callum Sheedy ages ago and I bet as soon as he plays a few games for Cardiff people/media will be calling for his inclusion. A big ball carrier (or three, throughout) and tight play lump is also going to be required if the energy or speed of that last match is to be repeated to give front foot ball and reinforce the set piece.

Ioan actually is this, and he trains very, very hard (which I think has possibly played a role in his selection in the first place) so I would also continue to select him now he's got that spot. Wales' main issues did not really stem from either half back IMO. The forward platform in every area was somewhere between both halves of the Scotland match which will be costly when playing against a side like England at Twickenham.

With that said I'd have brought in Callum Sheedy ages ago and I bet as soon as he plays a few games for Cardiff people/media will be calling for his inclusion. A big ball carrier (or three, throughout) and tight play lump is also going to be required if the energy or speed of that last match is to be repeated to give front foot ball and reinforce the set piece.
Yeah, I agree. I feel it harsh to overly criticise Lloyd not just because that was his first start or because he's an inexperienced 10 but most importantly, as you rightly point out, the platform he's given is ****. There's no front foot ball and ball is generally slow which isn't ideal. Imagine if Lloyd was playing for Ireland or France. I'm not saying he'd be looking like the second coming of Barry John but he'd look better imo.

Yeah, I agree. I feel it harsh to overly criticise Lloyd not just because that was his first start or because he's an inexperienced 10 but most importantly, as you rightly point out, the platform he's given is ****. There's no front foot ball and ball is generally slow which isn't ideal. Imagine if Lloyd was playing for Ireland or France. I'm not saying he'd be looking like the second coming of Barry John but he'd look better imo.
Oh come on, the only reason Gareth Davies and his inferior kicking game was selected V England was because he had to hold Llpyds hand...

Both of them kicked disgracefully, if Lloyd played for Ireland and kicked like that V Italy hed halve been on a train home by the 30th minute.

Lloyd giving away that scrum under his own post, then closing his eyes before diving out of Earl's way isnt a platform issue.

Fact is Wales do not have, and have rarely ever had a big pack, what we breed is hard working dog like forwards who need to be led.

Look at some of the packs Biggar, and Stephen Jones played behind, they werent good players because of the platform, they were good players because they directed play.

I'm not saying Lloyd is expected to do so, but he hasnt got 10 games at qot under his belt, and little timmy at Ystrad Rhonda u12's was screaming 'kick it you twat'

Latest posts