English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 10.01.33.png

*grrumble grumble* schedule *grumble grumble* why is the first game *grumble grumble* I'm bust this Friday evening

Yeah I'd love to watch this and by any reasonable measure it could be the decider of the winner of the tournament. And the organisers have spaffed up the fixture as the first game of the tournament.

*grrumble grumble* schedule *grumble grumble* why is the first game *grumble grumble* I'm bust this Friday evening
I've just realised I'm at a gig when the Scot/Eng game is on, so I'll be watching the next day - I did the same with the France game last year and it actually took the sting out cause I already knew the result so could laugh at how bad we are/were

I'm going to make a brave prediction...

If France dont win this, they go to Murrayfield knowing they can lose there. This will make France nervy first up...

That said I just think Ireland are on the brink of becoming mediocre again, and this season is where the cracks start to show.

So my brave prediction is that one of these teams will fail badly!

I'm going to make a brave prediction...

If France dont win this, they go to Murrayfield knowing they can lose there. This will make France nervy first up...

That said I just think Ireland are on the brink of becoming mediocre again, and this season is where the cracks start to show.

So my brave prediction is that one of these teams will fail badly!
What do you class as mediocre? Can't see Ireland dropping out of the top 6 in the world in the next 8 years myself.

Also intrigued at what cracks there are in a system pumping out pro players and successful 20s sides.

What do you class as mediocre? Can't see Ireland dropping out of the top 6 in the world in the next 8 years myself.
Mediocre was the wrong word, but last season they were worthy no.1 in the world. I believe the difference between them and SA in that group game was larger than the score suggests, and they tripped themselves up v NZ (mental blocks are very difficult to get over).
I think during this rebuild season we'll see the likes of Scotland and England giving them a real game, then theyll lose Farrel for 12 months right after the autumn for 12 months.

2025 6 nations could be a real tough time for them

Mediocre was the wrong word, but last season they were worthy no.1 in the world. I believe the difference between them and SA in that group game was larger than the score suggests, and they tripped themselves up v NZ (mental blocks are very difficult to get over).
I think during this rebuild season we'll see the likes of Scotland and England giving them a real game, then theyll lose Farrel for 12 months right after the autumn for 12 months.

2025 6 nations could be a real tough time for them
That's fair. I agree. Think we're at the start of a 6-8 year project to reach last year's heights again.

Also don't think you have to be as good as we were last year to win a World Cup and that Farrell is the type of coach to get the max out of a team and make them hard to beat so the only thing that would surprise me is if we finished with two wins or less.

That's fair. I agree. Think we're at the start of a 6-8 year project to reach last year's heights again.

Also don't think you have to be as good as we were last year to win a World Cup and that Farrell is the type of coach to get the max out of a team and make them hard to beat so the only thing that would surprise me is if we finished with two wins or less.
Sadly, smaller nations like Ireland and Wales cant stay competitive over long periods, they need to peak and rebuild ala Wales 2019.

I'd also agree Ireland were probably the best team at the RWC, closely followed by France and SA.

Luckily for you the IRFU isnt determined to kill Rygby in Ireland, unlike the WRU

Huge rumours Ireland considering 6-2 split. And the 2 being Casey and Frawley.

McCarthy looks set to start and mumblings POM is at 7.

Porter Sheehan Furlong
McCarthy Ryan
Beirne Doris POM
JGP Crowley
Aki Ringrose
Nash Keenan Lowe

Kelliher
Healy
Bealham
Van De Flier
Conan
Henderson
Casey
Frawley

Not sure how true but what is circulated

IRELAND (v France, possible): Hugo Keenan; Calvin Nash, Robbie Henshaw, Bundee Aki, James Lowe; Jack Crowley, Jamison Gibson-Park; Andrew Porter, Dan Sheehan, Tadhg Furlong; Tadhg Beirne, Joe McCarthy; Peter O'Mahony (capt), Josh van der Flier, Caelan Doris.
Replacements: Rónan Kelleher, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, James Ryan, Ryan Baird, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Ciarán Frawley.

Very different line up but Thornley going for a 6/2 also (knew Faz read my posts) with Big Joe starting.

IRELAND (v France, possible): Hugo Keenan; Calvin Nash, Robbie Henshaw, Bundee Aki, James Lowe; Jack Crowley, Jamison Gibson-Park; Andrew Porter, Dan Sheehan, Tadhg Furlong; Tadhg Beirne, Joe McCarthy; Peter O'Mahony (capt), Josh van der Flier, Caelan Doris.
Replacements: Rónan Kelleher, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, James Ryan, Ryan Baird, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Ciarán Frawley.

Very different line up but Thornley going for a 6/2 also (knew Faz read my posts) with Big Joe starting.
Hope so. POM isn't a 7. Henderson dropping out a surprise.
And presume Ringrose injured

I don't know why but I think Ireland could get walloped here. France after not winning the RWC at home have got a point to prove - they can't afford to lose this one at home too otherwise I think I think their morale could crumble. France by 10+.

I dont disagree with this, there are some players in that Ireland team that are coasting, surely theres a better 9 than JGP?!

I also would have moved on from POM, but I get why another season makes sense.

Hows Crowley going at club level, I havnt seen much of him this season?

France: 15 Thomas Ramos, 14 Damian Penaud, 13 Gael Fickou, 12 Jonathan Danty, 11 Yoram Moefana, 10 Matthieu Jalibert, 9 Maxime Lucu, 8 Gregory Alldritt (c), 7 Charles Ollivon, 6 Francois Cros, 5 Paul Willemse, 4 Paul Gabrillagues, 3 Uini Atonio, 2 Peato Mauvaka, 1 Cyril Baille

Replacements: 16 Julien Marchand, 17 Reda Wardi, 18 Dorian Aldegheri, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Paul Boudehent, 21 Cameron Woki, 22 Nolann Le Garrec, 23 Louis Bielle-Biarrey

Latest posts