• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs Scotland - 03/02/24

I just think the whole we are in transition for tier 1 nations is just a convenience excuse to not be expecting to win the competition and to accept a loss (expect for Italy ) . We were in transition when pivac took over but managed to win the ***le. It's just a way for coaches to take pressure off themselves , I don't like it because it's a negative way of thinking especially when you hear it from the coaches , I'd prefer coaches to keep it to themselves and go out and expect to win . Yeah it was a good comeback but the first half was the worst Wales performance I've ever seen and it's still a loss at home .
Can't deny that we're in transition right now though! Our cap count is probably 5 times less that it was, and most of those are with a small handful of players, some of which probably also need to move on, or not at their best, like Gareth Davies, Elias, Beard and Adams. North is probably the outlier, although we were obviously missing hom today too.

Most of the rest of the squad have single digit cap numbers.

27-26,
1706991906069.png

Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Last edited:
Well yeah, that's the whole point that people are complaining about
No one, and I mean literally no one, complains about kicking as a concept - it's the execution of the kicking, and England are ******* terrible at the kicking game

?

You missed that semi-final against South Africa?

And the pool game against Argentina?

And today's game against Italy?

Kicking game was good today.

You missed that semi-final against South Africa?
The is the only game it's been actually good,

Argentina game I don't really class that as a win for Borthwicks style as they've said it was Ford changing things off the cuff after the red, none of what we did was pre planned

Today was ok, not good, still plenty of absolute dross

So one good, one you can claim at a push, one just about acceptable - not really a ringing endorsement considering we're on our third international tournament

As I've been saying. Lloyd should be first choice 10, Tomos should always start and Watkin shouldn't be playing at all let alone at 13.

Line out is a joke and I wish I could say Lake plays and we win but his darts are dodgy as well but him, Rowlands and Morgan were big misses, I think we win that game with those 3 but they weren't and we came up short.

I ultimately put this loss on Gatland. When we ******* play a bit (I.e when we're 27 points down and we have to) we can score tries but we're so locked into this general strategy of refusing to play rugby outside the 22 thst it generally hinders us and doesn't play to our strengths but wtf do I know.

I just think the whole we are in transition for tier 1 nations is just a convenience excuse to not be expecting to win the competition and to accept a loss (expect for Italy ) . We were in transition when pivac took over but managed to win the ***le. It's just a way for coaches to take pressure off themselves , I don't like it because it's a negative way of thinking especially when you hear it from the coaches , I'd prefer coaches to keep it to themselves and go out and expect to win . Yeah it was a good comeback but the first half was the worst Wales performance I've ever seen and it's still a loss at home .
1000038837.png

As I've been saying. Lloyd should be first choice 10, Tomos should always start and Watkin shouldn't be playing at all let alone at 13.

Line out is a joke and I wish I could say Lake plays and we win but his darts are dodgy as well but him, Rowlands and Morgan were big misses, I think we win that game with those 3 but they weren't and we came up short.

I ultimately put this loss on Gatland. When we ******* play a bit (I.e when we're 27 points down and we have to) we can score tries but we're so locked into this general strategy of refusing to play rugby outside the 22 thst it generally hinders us and doesn't play to our strengths but wtf do I know.
Trying to remember who, in the game lead ups, was chucking teabags at mugs and celebrating his accuracy

Im not even bothered by the result. Game of 2 halfves and all that ******.
Why do we go for it when our backs are against the wall? How about we try that from the 1st minute? Anyway, great result for Wales considering the 1st half!

Was 200 ******* years of Alun Wyn Jones not enough? Must we really be subjected to another 200 years in commentary

Fully agree that Gatland needs to take a lot of the blame for that first half performance.

He picked a number of Scarlets players who have been poor all season. Gareth Davies has been shocking in every single game for them, including when we was captain (I think) v Black Lion where he did exactly what he did yesterday i.e. kick aimlessly, slow everything down, and fumble ball at the ruck.

Costellow has barely played since the WC, and even when he has he's not shown much. I still have hope that he can develop into an international player, but it's been a while since he put a string of good performances together, not helped by the issues at the Scarlets over the past couple of years.

Ryan Elias had a very mixed WC. He was excellent during the group stages, but reverted to old habits in the QF defeat to Argentina where his lineout throwing was a massive weakness and really cost us any chance of challenging. And so it proved again!

That second half makes up for the worst first half performance I've seen from Wales. I knew it would be made and predicted 15-20 point loss prior but it looked like it might be 30-40 at one point... Dyer and Wainwright really were class in that second half amongst others though and hopefully that gives us something to work with for England next. Dyer especially makes up for Rees-Zammit's exit if he can continue playing like this. Big improvement from him as found him too lightweight before. Was shocked at how poor the experience was letting us down in the first half. Tompkins and Adams were the biggest garbage of the lot.

To have George North back in for Owen Watkin, Rowlands in for Beard, Williams for Davies, perhaps a change at 10 with Lloyd too would really toughen the team up for England. Very curious to see who Gatland keeps and bins from this though.

You also have to consider where the 6 nations teams are despite WC performances Ireland and France are both amongst the best teams in the world, Scotland are the best they have been for many years and settled, it's a little difficult to compare what went before when the landscape was completely different.

Latest posts