• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs Scotland - 03/02/24

Didn't watch the game how did my man Reffell play?
I watched it late and was a bottle of wine in, id say he was one of the few who came out in a positive light, couple of descent turn overs pretty good ball in hand, not as many involvements as you might have wanted but descent.

Wasn't able to watch live and just watched a full re-run.

Very bittersweet tbh. Credit to Wales for the fightback and wouldn't have had any complaints had they sneaked it. Wainwright was immense. Was he not a contender to be captain rather than putting it on the shoulders of the young lad?

First 43 minutes were great. Finn and Duhan on fire and if not for them Scotland would have lost. Not happy at all with the back row selection and Toonie's late use of the bench could have been more costly. Not sure if starting Ritchie was a 'soft landing' after taking the captaincy from him. Either way he shouldn't be starting against France. The 7 shirt belongs to Darge when he's fit, Dempsey is our best 8 with 6 up for grabs between Fagerson and Crosbie. Lineout is now a big concern with Richie Gray out.

We also should have adapted better to O'Keefe's sudden more strict reffing in the second half. It almost seemed like the WRU arranged for a couple of lap dancers to be waiting for him in his dressing room at half time along with a big sign saying "Keep an eye out for Tuipolotu straying offside". No complaints - the penalty count was unforgivable and all down to poor discipline. Hopefully the second half implosion will prevent any complacency creeping in ahead of France. Finn's post match interview was refreshingly honest - good to hear him call out some of the forwards poor decision making.

Wasn't able to watch live and just watched a full re-run.

Very bittersweet tbh. Credit to Wales for the fightback and wouldn't have had any complaints had they sneaked it. Wainwright was immense. Was he not a contender to be captain rather than putting it on the shoulders of the young lad?

First 43 minutes were great. Finn and Duhan on fire and if not for them Scotland would have lost. Not happy at all with the back row selection and Toonie's late use of the bench could have been more costly. Not sure if starting Ritchie was a 'soft landing' after taking the captaincy from him. Either way he shouldn't be starting against France. The 7 shirt belongs to Darge when he's fit, Dempsey is our best 8 with 6 up for grabs between Fagerson and Crosbie. Lineout is now a big concern with Richie Gray out.

We also should have adapted better to O'Keefe's sudden more strict reffing in the second half. It almost seemed like the WRU arranged for a couple of lap dancers to be waiting for him in his dressing room at half time along with a big sign saying "Keep an eye out for Tuipolotu straying offside". No complaints - the penalty count was unforgivable and all down to poor discipline. Hopefully the second half implosion will prevent any complacency creeping in ahead of France. Finn's post match interview was refreshingly honest - good to hear him call out some of the forwards poor decision making.
You make it sound like it was something cynical on Wales part, it could actually have been the Welsh coaches mentioning it to the captain who politely mentioned it to the ref, it was then proved to be the case.

You make it sound like it was something cynical on Wales part, it could actually have been the Welsh coaches mentioning it to the captain who politely mentioned it to the ref, it was then proved to be the case.

Tongue in cheek - but I don't have Netflix cameras following me around thankfully. I did credit Wales for the fightback tbf.

Can't believe you thought that was serious

Can't believe you thought that was serious
I think you've slightly miss understood, I didn't for a minute think he was being serious in as much as the bribes, just more pointing out that it shouldn't or wouldn't take a bribe as such, wasn't sure at the time if his perception was that it was actually an injustice or not.

Bit late to the thread here, enjoyed the first 45 odd very much, the next 30 was very frustrating and to miss the score at the end left things a bit meh in all honesty.

Still, a wins a win and better be a big kick up the backside for the French game.

Latest posts