• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy

after Mauro Bergamasco ban, Carlo Del Fava (cleared) recalled in the squad and Tommaso Reato too

now 3 locks (Bortolami, Del Fava and Reato) in Italy squad

So from my team expect Sole and Zanni at 6 and 7. Del Fava at 4. Reato probably on bench.

This is the possible forwards line up against France:

1 Lo Cicero 2 Ongaro 3 Castrogiovanni
4 Del Fava 5 Bortolami
6 Sole 8 Parisse 7 Zanni

What do you think?

Obviously still with great strength and experience. However Mauro is a big lost overall. I mean Sole and Zanni are not to his level as a flanker. Still I think Zanni can come in and do a good job and its a great experience for him. This season is about experience and giving mallet some time to fit in his plans and find his feet. I dont expect results until next 6N when we may surprise some as we have a good team (but too many injuries/suspensions).

Italy made good performances even without Mauro, for example the draw in Cardiff 2 years ago, the flanker is the role in which we have good replacementes.
but i'm not very happy of the Mallett coaching, ok he need more time to know our rugby and our players but the squad, in my opinion, isn't going at our best level. Masi n 10 decison is good for defence but we cannot attack without kicking from our side to the try line. our fowards spend every match lots of energies and they aren't explosives in opponent's 22.
however for a good opinion about this squad we need to wait the end of the tournament and maybe we have to wait november series

I think they're coming on nicely - soon they'll be able to beat the rather shoddy looking England team (that is until this week!)

with Masi as fly half and without tactical occupation of opponent half, we are going to lose by 20. If we play simple with good kicks, our pack would have energies to play well in french 22, and maybe more points than in the first matches will arrive.

Mallet : "Hence, we play clean rugby and we want to be treated the same as the others."

What a news !

interesting. very. good player but thought he would have been as sh. guess he would be good at 12 but it is something to watch. definatly worth a look at in the italian squad because he was a very good nrl player.

Unluckily i came in these forums too late to comment this year 6N....

At least we got our lonely win this year today. The first half of the game against Scotland is one of the worst the team played in the whole tournament.

Discipline Facts:
ITA v SCO
3 penalties conceded by Italy. They may have the wooden spoon but they were the best-disciplined side in the competition, giving away just 34.(from telegraph.co.uk)

this 6N we achieved something very important: DISCIPLINE !!!

LOL !! WOW

I thought Italy would struggle this year and would do well to keep the scorelines respectable, but I think there's alot they can take heart from.
  • Parrise had a great tournament and has been an exemplery captain
  • At times they showed an incisiveness in the backs that hasn't been part of Italy's game in the past. If they can build on this (and make sure Canale practices his catching :)) they could really come on along way.
  • Marcato looks like a fantastic talent. An excellent counter-attacker, solid under the high ball and kicks as well as anybody, he is the future for Italy.
  • Discipline. Italy has been known for giving away alot of penalties and this year they cut that out.
Nick Mallet will be feeling better than Eddie O'Sullivan and Brian Ashton at any rate.

What do u think about it.....:

Craig Gower desire to wear the azzurri's jersey

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/six-nat....html%5B/url%5D

remember that we need some good quality player in midfield...

Rugby League fans, could you tell us more about this unknown (for italians) outside centre ?
[/b]

Unbelievable that an Australian Rugby League international is pimping himself off to Italy.....what ever happened to pride in the jersey and nation? <_<

He's probably banking on the hyprocritical nature of the rugby fan, who while they bemoan the loss of prestige and pride in the jersey due to yet another defection of a player to another top ten rugby nation, look at exporting rugby players abroad to play for smaller minnow nations like Japan with a fond sense of..er..pride...

Latest posts