• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaas!

S

St Helens RLFC

So, we are now into December. How's your shopping going? Are you able to find your must have toys? Are you keeping in your budget?

£20 per head in my family.

But when you consider I have a maw, paw, brother, his girlfriend and my girlfriend...well it all adds up for someone struggling to get by on a part-time wage.

Always strikes me that it's a bit more hassel than it's worth sometimes to be honest. Maybe cause I work in retail and I've been stuck listening to bloody xmas songs since mid november, and the fact I've been putting out xmas stock since August, I just can't be bothered.

I much prefer hogmanay. It's a very Scottish thing I think, and given I live in the Burgh it's always been the bigger thing for me I think. Plus my 18th is the day before it this year...so paaaaaaartaaaaay!

Always strikes me that it's a bit more hassel than it's worth sometimes to be honest. Maybe cause I work in retail and I've been stuck listening to bloody xmas songs since mid november, and the fact I've been putting out xmas stock since August, I just can't be bothered.
[/b]
I work in retail and we still don't play Christmas music. There were people coming in during September looking for Christmas cards. Before we even had the Halloween jazz out. I'd have them shot.

Some stupid woman comes up to me 2 weeks ago: "Do you have cards that say for a daughter in your new home at Christmas?"
And I'm thinking where would she get that idea from, that someone would make a card so ridiculous? And then get in a huff when I say we don't and give her a bemused look?

When I worked in retail I used to deliberately go and put Stop the Cavalry by Jonah Lewie on repeat. I love it and it used to wind people up at the same time.

Lucky I work in a Finance office while working at a liquorstore on weekends....not too cheery in a liquor store I would imagine...no kids to be nice to so screw them....damn kids..

I don't work, maybe that's the reason I like Christmas songs, because I'm not bitter yet. I hear christmas songs all year round, since they're a folder in my music, and I have a habit of letting Winamp play random songs that are in Music.

I've been knitting a Santa Hat, I hope to finish it by friday so I can send it through the post, in the hopes of getting it in Texas on time. I'm guessing it will be a close call :p

Next weekend, my brother and me will be decorating the tree and house, my parents don't really care about decorations, so they told us if we wanted them, we'd have to putit up ourselves. Will also be going to my first christmas market on saturday, a friend of mine has to stand there an hour in the stall of his scouts. So I'm getting free cake and jenever xD

Well i'm not doing my christmas shopping until the 21st because that is when i get my pay.

So my list will be for christmas.....
Presents
Booze
Weed

Food and stuff are taken care of by mum so im all set. :)

Question: What the F*** do you buy a bird who you've only been seeing for (what will be) barely a month for Xmas?

Normally girlfriends aren't on the scene for me between November and March, usefully cutting out the Xmas & Valentines day problems.

What the hell do I do this time????? :eek:

I'm in exactly the same postition as you Teh Mite. She's not too big on Chrimbo either though, so hopefully it's not going to be hard or expensive.

Maybe get her that fishing rod you`ve had your eye on for the last 8 months? Or maybe that new pair of rugby boots that`s just been released?

Or if all else fails, get her a case of Johnny Walker`s finest. As long as she doesn`t drink whiskey :D

Well I don't go fishing, I just bought new boots today actually, and I don't drink alcohol either and she'd probably drink it anyhoo. So that doesn't work!

Well then just go for the lingerie mate. Just make sure you`ve got the size spot-on. Or else you may end up not experiencing the joys of your purchase :wah:

And getting said girl very upset. I'd wait with buying your girl undies for later on, since now, there are three possibilities:

You get her size right. She might be upset, thinking that's all you noticed about her. the odds of that happening are small though. The odds of getting the exact right size are even smaller, since women sometimes don't get their size right, even when trying things on.

You get her size wrong, and you buy something that is too small. She will think she's fat (usually when buying knickers), and be depressed. Chances of getting some, are minor to non existant.

You get her size wrong and buy something that is too big. She will be upset because she doesn't live up to your expectations (usually when buying a bra).

Why not get tickets for something she might enjoy?

its not fun to work in a supermarket at christmas....i counted that merry christmas everyone was played 16 times in the 7 hours i was in for on saturday bah humbug

Yeah well we'd been joking about that me buying her that kinda thing. Anyway, it'll probably be music vouchers or something seeing as she's really into it.

<div class='quotemain'>
Why not get tickets for something she might enjoy?
[/b]
Ticket to Chippendales? [/b][/quote]

:lol:

Well that would be one way to get a night out to yourself. :D

Question: What the F*** do you buy a bird who you've only been seeing for (what will be) barely a month for Xmas?

Normally girlfriends aren't on the scene for me between November and March, usefully cutting out the Xmas & Valentines day problems.

What the hell do I do this time????? :eek: [/b]
Lingere or something to that effect...
Luckily here in the States we have Victoria's Secret, which is brilliant because you can go from really sexy stuf to nice gifts like body sprays...so you have your full line up of new relationship to old relationship gift options.

Latest posts