• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

I did like his Humanity stand up gig on Netflix. Gervais is no lover of religion either. The parts about winding up an Evangelical Anerican Christian on Twitter had me in stitches.

Israel Folau is A.O.G. You said you were A.O.G but yet you typed the words 'those'. Typo?
no not a typo. just because we're of the same denomination doesnt mean we agree with each other. u have a simplistic view of how churches work. by those i meant the religious zealots who condemn gays.
You mention P.Is that condone homosexuality but we both know that there are far more P.Is that don't. All the pacific islanders rugby players that have supported Izzy (and even some that had to retract their statements) are just the tip of the ice berg. Yes Samoans have a fair amount of fafa'fines and so they do have acceptance of gay people but there is still far more P.Is who don't like homosexuality. I wouldn't say they hate them but just a dislike.
wow. do you know the proportion of those islanders that havent said anything in support of folau? for starters no PI in NZ supported him. a handful of PIs support him, less than i can count on one hand, and because of that you think most islanders support him. what about the millions who havent said anything because they dont support him?
you have a very simplistic view of PIs. we dont all fit into whatever little categories you define. we're just as diverse as white folk are. and just like the white folk the majority of us do not support a loud mouth bigot like folau.

Your premise is built on the case that Folau is a bigot which I disagree with

Folau is merely conveying his sincerely held belief that those who sin & don't repent are hell bound
:p:p:p
its not "merely conveying". he's screaming from the equivalent rooftops.
do you not realise the affect this can have on confused gay kids? this could drive them to suicide. thats the bottom line of the affects to the nth degree of folaus statements.
folau is a bigot. condemning a minority because they dont conform to what you believe is norm; is bigotry. folau fears what he doesnt understand. hence why his bigotry just like every other bigot.

wow. do you know the proportion of those islanders that havent said anything in support of folau? for starters no PI in NZ supported him.
Honest to god you believe absolutely no PI in NZ supports Folau? Be honest to god. Because somehow you speak on behalf of all the islanders in NZ.

Oh I just seen this contradiction on your post. You very next sentence says...
a handful of PIs support him, less than i can count on one hand, and because of that you think most islanders support him.
From no PIs to a handful of PIs. As if you went out and counted lol.

its not "merely conveying". he's screaming from the equivalent rooftops.
do you not realise the affect this can have on confused gay kids? this could drive them to suicide. thats the bottom line of the affects to the nth degree of folaus statements.
folau is a bigot. condemning a minority because they dont conform to what you believe is norm; is bigotry. folau fears what he doesnt understand. hence why his bigotry just like every other bigot.

Here we ago with the hypothetical "gay kid" So predictable and tedious

They're much more likely to experience prejudice and homophobia from their peer group school environment & immediate family

Oh and the presence of smartphones apps and social media to boot

Again what makes someone a "Bigot"

I don;t think he is a Bigot

Who is right.............

#IStandWithFolau

Honest to god you believe absolutely no PI in NZ supports Folau? Be honest to god. Because somehow you speak on behalf of all the islanders in NZ.
Honest to god of the thousands of PIs I know only one supports Folau. Way more accurate than u just saying otherwise.

Honest to god of the thousands of PIs I know only one supports Folau. Way more accurate than u just saying otherwise.
You said "no". The proof is in your post. You said "NO PIs in NZ support Folau". You spoke on behalf of all New Zealand PIs like you went out and counted everyone. Thats bullshit and you know it.

Here we ago with the hypothetical "gay kid" So predictable and tedious

They're much more likely to experience prejudice and homophobia from their peer group school environment & immediate family

Oh and the presence of smartphones apps and social media to boot

Again what makes someone a "Bigot"

I don;t think he is a Bigot

Who is right.............

#IStandWithFolau
Wow your callousness towards human life is selfish and short sighted Your insight into the gay community is totally wrong and generalising.
Bottom line folaus bigotry vs some kids life. I know what's important and the risk isn't worth it

You said "no". The proof is in your post. You said "NO PIs in NZ support Folau". You spoke on behalf of all New Zealand PIs like you went out and counted everyone. Thats bullshit and you know it.
And you're insight into what makes islanders tick is based on your opinion. At least I'm in touch with PIs. U just make sht up

Also what I said was...
Yes Samoans have a fair amount of fafa'fines and so they do have acceptance of gay people but there is still far more P.Is who don't like homosexuality. I wouldn't say they hate them but just a dislike.
I didn't say all of NZ PIs support Folau. I just said that there is a lot more PIs that don't like homosexuality than there is that do. They do not hate gays either and thats what I said. You should be able to read it as it clearly states.

And you're insight into what makes islanders tick is based on your opinion. At least I'm in touch with PIs. U just make sht up
Learn how to spell and fix your grammar. I make **** up do I? lol look at you...read the contradiction in bold in your post....
wow. do you know the proportion of those islanders that havent said anything in support of folau? for starters NO PI in NZ supported him. a handful of PIs support him, less than i can count on one hand, and because of that you think most islanders support him.
What? which one is it? is it a no PIs or a handful? that sounds like you're just throwing things out there in a rage to respond. A hate kind of rage and through that you make **** up as you go. Calm down bro.

Free speech for all.
MartinLutherKingFreeSpeech.png

you cant actually believe Martin Luther King would be supporting the condemnation of people for something out of their control, you insult his memory taking his words out of context...actually, are you saying its important LGBTQI+ people go to hell?

Learn how to spell and fix your grammar. I make **** up do I? lol look at you...read the contradiction in bold in your post....

What? which one is it? is it a no PIs or a handful? that sounds like you're just throwing things out there in a rage to respond. A hate kind of rage and through that you make **** up as you go. Calm down bro.
show where a PI from NZ has said they support folau?
u the biggest BS creating troll here. you claim to know what PIs are thinking and when an actual PI challenges you say im lying and making sht up.

learn to read.
"for starters NO PI in NZ supported him" no PI from NZ has come out in support of folau.
"a handful of PIs support him, less than i can count on one hand," all PIs outside of NZ.
2 separate sentences .
u talk about my spelling but ypu dont know what a full stop means. sheesh

Also what I said was...

I didn't say all of NZ PIs support Folau. I just said that there is a lot more PIs that don't like homosexuality than there is that do. They do not hate gays either and thats what I said. You should be able to read it as it clearly states.
OMG please do not speak on behalf of PIs. you have no clue what we value. you make us all sound like homophobic bigots. your simplistic view of us is wrong. please desist. what your spouting is racism . not all islanders fall into your defined categories.

islanders are just as diverse as white people. and like the majority of white people we do not condone folaus words.
also we embrace homosexuality.
please dont say that the majority islanders are homophobes. your ignorant
i admit there is a lot wrong about my culture , but our acceptance of fafafine is one of the few we did right

you cant actually believe Martin Luther King would be supporting the condemnation of people for something out of their control, you insult his memory taking his words out of context...actually, are you saying its important LGBTQI+ people go to hell?
All Black is a pretty blatant troll. As befits his name. The All Blacks are the ultimate trolls.

Freedom of speech is something I stand by. How am I taking things out of context when what I have written was freedom of speech for all? That includes Folau and the homosexuals.

Free speech for all does means just that. FFS!

Freedom of speech is something I stand by. How am I taking things out of context when what I have written was freedom of speech for all? That includes Folau and the homosexuals.

I was wondering if you'd had the chance to consider some of the responses you received over the last 36 hours regarding freedom of speech, how it isn't absolute, and why it may be valuable to have it not being absolute? I worry that statements such as "free speech for all" is perhaps a little simplistic given the power that words can have.

Indeed, one example not discussed here but of relevance is domestic abuse. In this instance, no violence may be occurring, but the psychological abuse that comes from the use of words in this instances can be and is horrendous.

We're seeing adverts on the TV in the uk helping to ensure parents are conscious that verbal bullying (say via social media) is prevalent among children and is causing genuine psychological damage to those children.

We've learned so much about mental health in the last 20 years, and phrases like "it's only words" or "stick and stones..." have been shown up as lacking an awareness or recognition of the damage words can have.

Thus, building on some excellent contributions on the previous pages, might I suggest reflecting on whether "freedom of speech for all" is indeed something we should strive for?

Hes not talking about freedom of speech, do you even know what he fought for? He's saying you need to speak up against persecution of people for just being who they are, it's not about the speech...it's about what your talking about

If anything that quote is more appropriate in support of those thy have called out Folau for discrimination

Latest posts