jaguares 19

petite

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
probable team to face lions

Mayco Vivas, Agustín Creevy, Enrique Pieretto; Guido Petti, Tomás Lavanini; Pablo Matera, Rodrigo Bruni, Javier Ortega Desio; Gonzalo Bertranou, Joaquín Díaz Bonilla; Ramiro Moyano, Jerónimo De la Fuente (c), Matías Orlando, Bautista Delguy; Joaquín Tuculet.

omg this is going to be a hard one. non existent props no sanchez no bonfelli (injured) no kramer (dont know why) at least tucu is back hope he´s in shape. dias bonillia has big shoes to fill

Bonilla is a young flyhalf? They'd be best to go with youth if they don't have any obvious alternative to Sanchez.

Boffelli is a loss, but not so much with Tuculet back, that is still a great backline. I expect the Lions to literally maul the Jaguares in this match. Good to see De La Fuente as captain, I like him too (although maybe lacking a touch of physicality).

bonilla is not young hes like 29 (he played vs barbarians las dec and did a good job ). the young one is domingo miotti who played for the pumitas and arg xv but hes been injured for almost a year. have no idea how he´s playng now or if his back in form. lack of fisicality is tipical of our centres cos if you are bigger than the media you are probably playng as a foward.
speed and size combined are un unusuall here, the avaradge hight of arg male is 1.75 cm or less. this is why ill like to see bonfelli as centre he`s the one that can fill both items.
yep the lions foward are going to be real menace. i just read that pieretto (youn and inexpericed) is also back form injurie and, never seen mayco vivas play but hes young and new too. and bruni is not as physical as kramer so i cant se a win here.. no even at home. its gonna be a long year

Okay, of Bonilla is the older one, then you are doomed unless he exceeds expectations. Boffeli at 13 is a good shout I hadn't thought of, I dont really rate Orlando.

Out of idle interest any word why Matera is no longer captain?

Okay, of Bonilla is the older one, then you are doomed unless he exceeds expectations. Boffeli at 13 is a good shout I hadn't thought of, I dont really rate Orlando.

Out of idle interest any word why Matera is no longer captain?

matera has signed for stade france for the 20 season and he is los pumas skipper. hes kind of out allrady cant lead the team. besides ledesma and quesada made it clear that they dont want the same captain for both teams they say each team should have its caracter. kind of balony imo.
@Gena_ZA dont know but hes colecting money big time so i dont think hell return any soon. specially since argentinian peso lost like 100 % value en the last 2 years or so..
MMLPQTP

Will Orlando start ahead of Moroni? I much prefer Moroni, the only reason the Jags wouldn't succeed this year is if they have flyhalf issues, losing Boffeli isn't the end of the world, their outside backs are all really good, pack mostly looks great (especially second row and back row), backline is full of stars. No reason not to aim for a semi-final spot, I don't think they'll win the comp but I don't see why they wouldn't be in the conversation.

Will Orlando start ahead of Moroni? I much prefer Moroni, the only reason the Jags wouldn't succeed this year is if they have flyhalf issues, losing Boffeli isn't the end of the world, their outside backs are all really good, pack mostly looks great (especially second row and back row), backline is full of stars. No reason not to aim for a semi-final spot, I don't think they'll win the comp but I don't see why they wouldn't be in the conversation.

think orlando is more solid defender but moroni is all around player. if we get back our best 1st rowers garcia botta and tetaz chaparro both ingured and sort our scrum, then as you say our fly half works (cos otherwise i wont matter as we arnt gettin a f..... ball ) we could have a chance. yet we have to see how quesada works as coach. he is also new to head coach. bonfelli is injured but for what i know its not so bad, he´ll be back soon.
imo to many " ifs"

What is Quesada's coaching record like with his years in France and what style of play does he encourage? Not much detail on his wiki page.

My take on him (OMV):
Middle of the table of the table with SF and Racing. Uneventful is probably the best way to describe his stay in France.
As a player he was never a leader, let alone an inspiration. He was a very good kicker thou. You could compare him to ROG. Terrible, appaling defender too.
Pass the ball, hope he doesnt get smashed by a tackler and completed every kick to the post. That was it, which in some cases can be more than enough, granted. We had a good pack (lots of penalties) and were ok on defense, so things worked ok with him on the Pumas. I have vivid memories of Tati Phelan screaming at him for missing a tackle that ended up on a try against us. I dont remember the place, the year not the opponent. I just remember, perfectly, our best tackler's face asking him "how the hell did you miss that?".

What i am trying to say, poorly, is that i suspect that part of the intensity that Ledesma brought to the table might be lost. I might be wrong, but this is my gut feeling.

To be completely honest, i dont expect a lot of him as a coach. I just want him to keep things as they were in most aspects and improve our scrum. That is it. Not an aiota more.
Given how bad our scrum is now, any random guy walking by the training ground should be able to do it. I mean, it'd be really hard to do worse in that aspect.
Ledesma did a fantastic work regarding discipline (compare # of RC and YC from our first 2 seasons!). I'd be delighted if he didnt **** that up.
The only upside i see in all of this is that now Ledesma is in charge of the Pumas.

Dont even get me started on Jaguares and Pumas having different captains.

As you can tell from my tone, it's a world cup year and in typical argentine fashion, i am exulting with optimism.

My take on him (OMV):
Middle of the table of the table with SF and Racing. Uneventful is probably the best way to describe his stay in France.
As a player he was never a leader, let alone an inspiration. He was a very good kicker thou. You could compare him to ROG. Terrible, appaling defender too.
Pass the ball, hope he doesnt get smashed by a tackler and completed every kick to the post. That was it, which in some cases can be more than enough, granted. We had a good pack (lots of penalties) and were ok on defense, so things worked ok with him on the Pumas. I have vivid memories of Tati Phelan screaming at him for missing a tackle that ended up on a try against us. I dont remember the place, the year not the opponent. I just remember, perfectly, our best tackler's face asking him "how the hell did you miss that?".

What i am trying to say, poorly, is that i suspect that part of the intensity that Ledesma brought to the table might be lost. I might be wrong, but this is my gut feeling.

To be completely honest, i dont expect a lot of him as a coach. I just want him to keep things as they were in most aspects and improve our scrum. That is it. Not an aiota more.
Given how bad our scrum is now, any random guy walking by the training ground should be able to do it. I mean, it'd be really hard to do worse in that aspect.
Ledesma did a fantastic work regarding discipline (compare # of RC and YC from our first 2 seasons!). I'd be delighted if he didnt **** that up.
The only upside i see in all of this is that now Ledesma is in charge of the Pumas.

Dont even get me started on Jaguares and Pumas having different captains.

As you can tell from my tone, it's a world cup year and in typical argentine fashion, i am exulting with optimism.

Uneventful would he better than Perez. I'll keep the Lobbe 2020 campaign on ice until week 8. And yes, those constant RWC semi finals must really beat any optimism out of you. :p

I have little doubt he'll do better than Perez, but mostly because Ledesma has done a lot of the hard work already. He's got a solid base. Perez had to start from scratch and (obviously) did very little research on the competition, the oponents, the lot. And paid dearly for it, of course.

And regarding WCs, although it is true that we tend to punch above our weight, i think we got a bit lucky here and there the last one.

We played at Velez....every time there is less people....Granted is Feb, many people on vacation but..... xD

About the game on try from the scrum, 2 tries from line. We can never defend those...close game because of the kicker....Not bad...not good.

I do think we can do better.....

btw....WC year...if we lose any player in this tournament ill be mad.

Last edited:
Che, se tienen fe contra los toritos mas tarde?

La verdad que ando confiadito. No digo que sean malos pero ellos lastiman con cancha abirta y me parece que nuestros gordos van a poder con los de ellos y vamos a poder abrirla mas nosotros.
Me muero de ganas de bajarlos del pony de un hondazo.

Che, se tienen fe contra los toritos mas tarde?

La verdad que ando confiadito. No digo que sean malos pero ellos lastiman con cancha abirta y me parece que nuestros gordos van a poder con los de ellos y vamos a poder abrirla mas nosotros.
Me muero de ganas de bajarlos del pony de un hondazo.
como si te hubieran oído!!

Latest posts