• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 1: South Africa V Argentina (14/08/2021)

I'm guessing he got married because his season was done - can't imagine him turning down a call up for it, and it definitely seemed spur of the moment (RdP wasn't there, for example)
Who knows? With COVID etc. it could have been a situation where it's been postponed more than once.

Funnily enough, I met Jean Luc (and his now wife) in the Maldives last year. We were next door neighbours for a few days. I think he was shocked to be recognised in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

That ball before Fassi's try was out of the ruck for an age with no-one putting pressure on.

Warrick Gallant and Elton Jankies by far our worst players today

Warrick Gallant and Elton Jankies by far our worst players today
Rofl you mean Willemse. Ja they were rubbish. F Steyn was decent. Wiese great. Reinach good. Fassi good. Jessie Kriel still a passenger.

Willemse has never been good at 15. He just shouldn't be forced to play so out of position. For me it should be Le Roux, Gelant, Fassi and then only consider a utility player.

The pack went fine but a lot of missed opportunities.

That said I was prepared for a loss here and if you offered me a 20 point margin over a Pumas team I really do respect with a full on SA B team apart from the locks I'd have thought it a bargain. Some places we were at 4th choice even. Happy enough despite the inaccuracies. Still a lot of room.

Argentina were sloppy, especially when allowing for that first intercept try.
More of a loose ball than an intercept but that is splitting hairs and your point stands but TBF the Bok defense is very greedy and tends toward putting the attack under pressure rather than the other way around.

Much easier than I thought, can't wait to see what we deliver against the AB's, getting the guys gelling and match fit is good

On the injury front. Any news on PSDT yet? I know he had a shoulder op last Monday but no ETA? How long do these things usually take? Maybe he can do a AWJ.

Mostert, Snyman and Vermeulen ought to be ready for Aus.

All fit it will be interesting to see what the bench looks like going forward.

Elstadt and van Staden also injured now. Joining Vermeulen, Pieter Steph du Toit, Notshe and RG Snyman in the infirmary Bigger chance for the du Preez twins to start. I still can't understand how Marcel Coetzee is not in the squad.

Elstadt and van Staden also injured now. Joining Vermeulen, Pieter Steph du Toit, Notshe and RG Snyman in the infirmary Bigger chance for the du Preez twins to start. I still can't understand how Marcel Coetzee is not in the squad.
I've been meaning to follow Bulls games more closely but havn't found the time. I do see though that Coetzee wasn't playing last game in the win over the Lions. Maybe he too is out injured? Not that he Bulls looked like they were missing Van Staden, Coetzee and Vermeulen, almost better loose forward depth than the national team who are carrying Smith. And that JH Wessels is a big boy who could just as easily play at 8 than 1, 2 and 3. If they have their test players that is going to be one formidable Bulls pack. 1Wessels/Gqoboka, 2Grobbelaar, 3Nyakane, 4Steenkamp, 5Nortje, 6Van Staaden, 7Coetzee, 8Vermeulen.. Still have to fit in Steenkamp, Louw and maybe even Carr and Botha somewhere. They are a little light at lock for depth so maybe.. But I am getting off topic now.
I read that JL Du Preez is not fit enough to play this game

Mostert is fit so I guess might start at 6.
Our depth at lock and loose forward really being tested for sure. Mostert has never been as important a player.

Marcell Coetzee has to be called up surely? Anyway hows this stat yho. I said during the WC we have the best defense in the world and okes on this forum were saying no lol. Walls are green friends.

boks.jpg

Latest posts