• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jake White and Eddie Jones in the mix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 19 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
De Luca is the long term option, he just needs to stop crapping himself at international level.

Glasgow are shooting themselves in the foot, there's no point in having players like Max Evans if they never get the ball casue Graeme 'Crash Ball' Morrison goes flying in![/b]
EXACTLY!!!
When Ruaridh Jackson played 12 against Munster, Max Evans tore Keith Earls to shreds!!! We need someone like Laney who can read the game well from 12 and put the likes of Max Evans into space where he can absolutely tear a defence apart...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 19 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
De Luca is the long term option, he just needs to stop crapping himself at international level.

Glasgow are shooting themselves in the foot, there's no point in having players like Max Evans if they never get the ball casue Graeme 'Crash Ball' Morrison goes flying in![/b]

The annoying thing for me with Morrison is he isn't really that good at the crash ball...

Well aye, it's more like...looks for the crash ball, but in actual fact gets tackled where he's standing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 19 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well aye, it's more like...looks for the crash ball, but in actual fact gets tackled where he's standing.[/b]
Thats the point...ahh the joys of scottish rugby...we should put Mossy at 12...:p that might work...

De Luca is terrible, he will never be good enough for international level. What does he offer, he's not that quick or strong, has the worst hands in rugby. One of the most overated players we have had, also Webster is not good, certainly in comparison to the Evans brothers. You'd need to be incredibly one eyed to think otherwise, he offers no phsicality, creativeness or skill. Sorry if it seems im just having a go at Edinburgh players but at the top level these two especially are useless.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ May 19 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
De Luca is terrible, he will never be good enough for international level. What does he offer, he's not that quick or strong, has the worst hands in rugby. One of the most overated players we have had, also Webster is not good, certainly in comparison to the Evans brothers. You'd need to be incredibly one eyed to think otherwise, he offers no phsicality, creativeness or skill. Sorry if it seems im just having a go at Edinburgh players but at the top level these two especially are useless.[/b]
I totally agree with that. I think some Edinburgh fans *cough* are a bit jealous because we (Glasgow) have two of the best players in Scottish Rugby. It doesn't matter if they are the better "team" Thom and Max Evans are better than de Luca, Cairns and Webster. Its just the Evans brothers don't get the service of Mike Blair so they have to make something out of nothing. And more often that not they do. For example Max Evans' try against Wales or Thom Evans' try against Ulster this year. BOTH INDUVIDUAL TRIES!!!

That is why I would of liked to have seen at least one of them in the Lions because with the service that the better Lions players would provide they would be scoring 3 or 4 tries a game. They are immensely talented and we have to make best use of that talent and if people wish to suppress them it's to the detriment of Scottish Rugby.

I have recently been talking to serious rugby fans from Munster and from Bath and they would both be happy to see the Evans' brothers play in either of their teams. So, if we wish to keep two extremely talented rugby players playing in Scotland we better show them that we want them here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 19 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ May 19 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
De Luca is terrible, he will never be good enough for international level. What does he offer, he's not that quick or strong, has the worst hands in rugby. One of the most overated players we have had, also Webster is not good, certainly in comparison to the Evans brothers. You'd need to be incredibly one eyed to think otherwise, he offers no phsicality, creativeness or skill. Sorry if it seems im just having a go at Edinburgh players but at the top level these two especially are useless.[/b]
I totally agree with that. I think some Edinburgh fans *cough* are a bit jealous because we (Glasgow) have two of the best players in Scottish Rugby. It doesn't matter if they are the better "team" Thom and Max Evans are better than de Luca, Cairns and Webster. Its just the Evans brothers don't get the service of Mike Blair so they have to make something out of nothing. And more often that not they do. For example Max Evans' try against Wales or Thom Evans' try against Ulster this year. BOTH INDUVIDUAL TRIES!!!

That is why I would of liked to have seen at least one of them in the Lions because with the service that the better Lions players would provide they would be scoring 3 or 4 tries a game. They are immensely talented and we have to make best use of that talent and if people wish to suppress them it's to the detriment of Scottish Rugby.

I have recently been talking to serious rugby fans from Munster and from Bath and they would both be happy to see the Evans' brothers play in either of their teams. So, if we wish to keep two extremely talented rugby players playing in Scotland we better show them that we want them here.
[/b][/quote]

hopefully they'll get better service with Cusiter at scrum-half next season

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Warriors#1 @ May 19 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 19 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ May 19 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

hopefully they'll get better service with Cusiter at scrum-half next season
[/b][/quote]
And Graeme Morrison might not lose the ball so much...with Dewey there...he might pass...

yeah, hope so because as you said the Evans brothers have the talent we just need to use them more. The same goes for Scotland, i don't think that we got the ball to them that much in the 6 Nations but when we did the tries and big plays came, which just shows what they can do. Next season will be interesting anyway, whatever happens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Warriors#1 @ May 19 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah, hope so because as you said the Evans brothers have the talent we just need to use them more. The same goes for Scotland, i don't think that we got the ball to them that much in the 6 Nations but when we did the tries and big plays came, which just shows what they can do. Next season will be interesting anyway, whatever happens.[/b]
yes and some people dont accept this. These are two of the most talented Scottish players in years and we should think of it as a priviledge that they are playing for us, knowing that they could of played for England or South Africa instead of us.

I think once again and it may sound cliched but Scottish Rugby is on the up. Congrats to Edinburgh in their success and I think both they and Glasgow have a lot to build on. However, I am not sure whether the SRU are doing enough to get Scottish players back in Scotland. For example Rory and Sean Lamont have moved to France and Wales respectively.

I would love to see Rory Lamont playing FB for the Warriors!

yep they have done well to bring a lot of players back to scotland but still lack the money to bring the high profile players back, because of the money overseas..

That'd be really interesting to see Jake White go coach Scotland and I think it'd work out really well. Maybe he'll start to push Dan Parks quietly out of commission..

Well Dan Parks is danger of not getting a contract anyway, seeing as he was caught drink driving!

yep i'm pretty sure Parks will not be coming back to Glasgow, hopefully. That way we can stop this kicking game (which Dan does well to give him credit) and play a more expansive game and utilise the threats in the backline.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Warriors#1 @ May 20 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yep i'm pretty sure Parks will not be coming back to Glasgow, hopefully. That way we can stop this kicking game (which Dan does well to give him credit) and play a more expansive game and utilise the threats in the backline.[/b]
And help young Ruaridh Jackson fulfill his potential by not being stuck behind Parks.

And regarding the drinking incident he probably just realised how bad he actually was and got drunk.

Shame they didn't send him back to Oz for it. Drink driving is a dispicable offence anyway, should've been locked up for it.

Will be good to see Jackson get his chance, might have two fly-halfs who like to play a bit of exciting rugby and it might help us to use our increasingly pacy back lines!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ May 20 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Shame they didn't send him back to Oz for it. Drink driving is a dispicable offence anyway, should've been locked up for it.

Will be good to see Jackson get his chance, might have two fly-halfs who like to play a bit of exciting rugby and it might help us to use our increasingly pacy back lines![/b]
I totally agree about Parks...hes put in a lot of effort for Glasgow and Scotland but tbh he has to go.

Jackson can now flourish.

Is there any good young players coming through from Edinburgh?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 19 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its just the Evans brothers don't get the service of Mike Blair so they have to make something out of nothing. And more often that not they do. For example Max Evans' try against Wales or Thom Evans' try against Ulster this year. BOTH INDUVIDUAL TRIES!!!

That is why I would of liked to have seen at least one of them in the Lions because with the service that the better Lions players would provide they would be scoring 3 or 4 tries a game. They are immensely talented and we have to make best use of that talent and if people wish to suppress them it's to the detriment of Scottish Rugby.[/b]

Unlikely they would have got near the Lions when Hadden could hardly even bring himself to play them for Scotland. It was only after fearing for his life after such a miserable start, and even then you got the impression that he has a serious huff on about playing either of them. Now if the Evans brothers had been playing for Edinburgh then it would have been a different story.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Will @ May 24 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ May 19 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its just the Evans brothers don't get the service of Mike Blair so they have to make something out of nothing. And more often that not they do. For example Max Evans' try against Wales or Thom Evans' try against Ulster this year. BOTH INDUVIDUAL TRIES!!!

That is why I would of liked to have seen at least one of them in the Lions because with the service that the better Lions players would provide they would be scoring 3 or 4 tries a game. They are immensely talented and we have to make best use of that talent and if people wish to suppress them it's to the detriment of Scottish Rugby.[/b]

Unlikely they would have got near the Lions when Hadden could hardly even bring himself to play them for Scotland. It was only after fearing for his life after such a miserable start, and even then you got the impression that he has a serious huff on about playing either of them. Now if the Evans brothers had been playing for Edinburgh then it would have been a different story.....
[/b][/quote]
HAHAHA!!! That last comment is 100th POST!!!</span>

Latest posts