• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jamie Heaslip Retires

A few Irish jounro's having digs at Heaslip because he blocked them. Guessing all independent writers?

Journalists love to dish out the criticism but can rarely take it.
Well the crew in the Independent love to try manufacture but as you say when it comes back they are afraid to answer.

But for someone like Heaslip or any player. I'm sure they don't burst a gut for years to feign an injury etc. I'm RK's harshest critic for example. But there is a difference between not thinking a guy is good enough and going after lads almost personally.
Jamie Heaslip, Gerbrandt Grobler, CJ Stander, Phillip Browne and Joe Schmidt to name a few have all got it way OTT recently. And all from a group led by a moron who is a junkie himself. And says he wants to catch all doping but in reality just wants limelight.

But let' put this back on what it should be. A superb 8 who to be fair has a phenomenal list of achievements and while we may debate on where he ranked in best 8 in World each year the fact he was in that conversation consistently for near on 10 years says alot. Also seemed to really take the professional approach to perfection

Absolute legend. Made a massive contribution to Irish rugby and was the ultimate professional sportsman. Won everything available to him short of a World Cup. Made a massive contribution for Leinster week in week out as well, it's no coincide he was on the Pro12 team of the year five times in an era where most of Leinster's best players barely played in the competition. For some reason was never massively appreciated in Ireland when and was an anomaly in that people from other countries probably admired him more than Irish people.

Will go down as a legend of Irish rugby and one of Leinster's all time greatest players.

While I hate to sidetrack what should solely be about Heaslip, I just want to say that I absolutely hate the ******* ******** that is Paul Kimmage. Some of the rugby coverage in Ireland is nothing short of embarrassing and disgraceful. Some of the coverage of Bundee Aki during November bordered on racist and I say that as somebody who thinks that that word is overused in today's world. The accusations that a professional sportsman like Heaslip would fake an injury were a disgrace, especially after all he's done for Irish sport, and have been shown up for the utter ******** that they were. The 'he's targeting being back for the Saracens game' nonsense the indo was peddling has also been exposed as nothing more than stupid clickbait. Gerbrandt Grobler, Philip Browne and David Nucifora will testify as to just how nasty the Irish media can get and I wouldn't be surprised to see similar vitriol piled out in Schmidt's direction the next time we lose especially after he dared to GASP cancel the media huddle. It was almost comical how angry they got at that before you remembered that it was a bunch of grown men complaining that they missed out on one opportunity to talk to a guy get to interview multiple times a week. Also while it's not relevant here the lengthy rant that appeared in that paper after Rory McIlroy dared not to invite the media to his wedding was distasteful to say the least.

As I said I'm sorry to take away from what should be about Heaslip but I needed to get that off my chest.

He's really not fond of Eddie O'Sullivan, is he?!

"The only one who has said bad things about me is Geordan Murphy, who wrote some appalling stuff about me in his book. His premise was that I didn't pick him because I didn't like him. That's a horrible thing to say about a coach"

Well at least Geordan isn't on his own now......

"The only one who has said bad things about me is Geordan Murphy, who wrote some appalling stuff about me in his book. His premise was that I didn't pick him because I didn't like him. That's a horrible thing to say about a coach"

Well at least Geordan isn't on his own now......
In fairness Murphy was a talent massively underrated by alot in Ireland simply because of path he took to forge his career. A superb player who should've played alot more than he did

Latest posts