• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan Players to look out for near future

Onozawa365

Academy Player
Country Flag
Japan
Club or Nation
Wild Knights
use this thread to discuss players who could be a treat to opponents in the future

i think i'll list the obvious players that will be threatening

Yoshikazu Fujita (20 years old) winger
Kenji Fukuoka (21 years old) winger

i would love to see more from Keisuke Uchida and Ryoto Nakamura which were involved in the 2013 IRB pacific nations

i think japan will have one off the most dangerous back 3 in the world soon 11. Kenki Fukouka 14. Koshikazu Fujita and 15. Ayumu Goromaru we will have a very strong back three

i think japan will have one off the most dangerous back 3 in the world soon 11. Kenki Fukouka 14. Koshikazu Fujita and 15. Ayumu Goromaru we will have a very strong back three

Japan don't seem to lack great backs, with great skills, pace and attacking flare. They were outstanding against Wales and the All Blacks, though disappointing against Scotland. Also watching Top League videos the skills on display is sometimes incredible.
I said to a few friends during the RWC 2011, if I could get a club team with Georgian forwards and Japanese backs it would be outstanding.

Japan don't seem to lack great backs, with great skills, pace and attacking flare. They were outstanding against Wales and the All Blacks, though disappointing against Scotland. Also watching Top League videos the skills on display is sometimes incredible.
I said to a few friends during the RWC 2011, if I could get a club team with Georgian forwards and Japanese backs it would be outstanding.

that would be a good squad

i know he's 26 but the Panasonic wild knights winger Akihito Yamada looks promising. he was the top try scorer of the top league last year

i dont watch alot off top league but i think you should watch Kyosuke Horie more the 23 year old flanker that plays for Yamaha Jubilo i think he has potential

our defense against scotland was poor but i felt that we played well with our attacking and using our set pieces well

No-one is mentioning Fumiaki Tanaka!

He's was a shining light in a disappointing Highlanders side last season. It takes a pretty good player to keep a current All Black on the bench for a Super 15 team!

Anyone know if he will be playing for the Highlanders again this year?

He's was a shining light in a disappointing Highlanders side last season. It takes a pretty good player to keep a current All Black on the bench for a Super 15 team!

Indeed he's still in the squad.

I don't think particularly highly of him, to be honest. He's good at ITM Cup level, but I certainly wouldn't have him starting at Super Rugby level. Probably the main issue is that he's basically exactly the same kind of player as Smith, just not quite as tactically sound (and I don't think Smith is particularly strong in that area either, to be honest), so he doesn't really offer a point of difference.

Indeed he's still in the squad.

I don't think particularly highly of him, to be honest. He's good at ITM Cup level, but I certainly wouldn't have him starting at Super Rugby level. Probably the main issue is that he's basically exactly the same kind of player as Smith, just not quite as tactically sound (and I don't think Smith is particularly strong in that area either, to be honest), so he doesn't really offer a point of difference.

Jamie Joseph must have a different view, because, IIRC, he started Tanaka as often as he started Smith last season

Jamie Joseph must have a different view, because, IIRC, he started Tanaka as often as he started Smith last season

You would be correct. I think that was more due to Smith's poor form than any other factor though, to be perfectly honest.

Either way, I think we can safely say a few of JJ's decisions last season were a bit dodgy ;)

the only reason why i didn't mention Fumiaki Tanaka is because he is 29 he'll be retiring soon

Latest posts