• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan to play "classic All Blacks" side

G

Gavin

** Japan will play two matches against a "Cassic All Blacks" side including legends such as Jonah Lomu :bana: and Carlos Spencer :cheers: in May as preparation for the World Cup, Japanese officials have announced.

The New Zealand side - to be captained by Andrew Mehrtens - will play Japan on May 9th in Kobe and three days later in Tokyo **

Now this will be a good match, watching the legends of New Zealand rugby getting out together again.. But just thinking who will be playing fly-half, seeing Spencer and Mehrtens are both on the team squad.. :huh:

Who's coaching this team as well? Maybe another All Black great player or coach..

John Kirwan is the coach for Japan

The New Zealand team will also include Justin Marshall and Jeff Wilson.

this will be totally cool, to see merts playin in black again :) i guess spencer would play 12 maybe.

i look forward to hearing more about this.

Gavin next time please quote your source

http://www.eurosport.com/rugby/world-cup/2...to1130376.shtml

(dont know if it was that but could have been)
[/b]

here is a link to all the players going to be in the classic team.

HERE

its funny how japan really hates nz for taking the 2011 world cup away from them but now have a kiwi coach and are planning on playing the 'classic' all blacks. they must be kissing some arse now for the 2015 world cup and must be paying the NZRFU a lot of money for this game.

ashman

PS コーチ(coach)

ピーター・スローン (Peter SLOANE)
ジョン・ハート (John HART)

Interesting

Here is the team if you cant be bothred reading it

Dave Hewett
Joe McDonnell
Gordon Slater
Matt Sexton
Royce Willis
Simon Maling
Charles Riechelmann
Scott Robertson
Sam harding
Ron Cribb
Justin Marshall
Mark Robinson
Carlos Spencer
Andrew Mehrtens
Tony Brown
Scott Mcleod
Mark Ranby
Jonah Lomu
Eric Rush
Bruce Reihana
jeff Wilson

:)

it ain't a very exciting team. they coulda selected a better team than that, everyone probably tied up wit club committments

Why do every invitational side that have played in recent years insist on using our trio of big-name Kiwi's?

All of them? Every time?

There are a few players among the forwards I know little to nothing about, but that set of backs can probably still do quite a job.

Because they are exciting players and people want to watch them again.

That's my best guess..

it ain't a very exciting team. they coulda selected a better team than that, everyone probably tied up wit club committments
[/b]

you could say that about the England rugby team for the last 100 years.

ashman

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

ashman
[/b][/quote]

It's a thread about New Zealand rugby, so let's take the **** out of England. :huh:

Figures.

Back on topic - how old is Eric Rush now? One of the older guys in there surely?

It's a thread about New Zealand rugby, so let's take the **** out of England. :huh:

Figures.

Back on topic - how old is Eric Rush now? One of the older guys in there surely? [/b]

He turner 42 last month SFW.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

ashman
[/b][/quote]

Figures.

[/b][/quote]

mate, taking the **** out of england is apart of new zealand rugby.

if you go here then you will be able to see the players stats.

ashman

Guy's not sure if anyone noticed but it's a 'classic' All Black side... kinda means that the players are going to be a bit older...

"it ain't a very exciting team. they coulda selected a better team than that, everyone probably tied up wit club committments"

Great line there bud, did you think of it all by yourself?

Holy cow, did u say Eric is playing??? I met him a few months back when he was here with Austin Healey! man, that guy IS old... :p
i68962202_76176_7.jpg

Wheres Cullen?

Sexton wasn't an All Black.. How'd he get there? To make up the numbers?

Latest posts