• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jim Mallinder

mkersyshull

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
So is time now up for Jim Mallinder at Saints?
And if so who could replace him?

In my opinion, he's lost the dressing room and there's been no development for a year and a half now, just not good enough really. Lancaster replacing him could be interesting, he will get the basic skills sorted (hopefully). Will be interesting if Lam still goes to Bristol if they go down (if not is he then available?)

You know that Lancaster's just started his new job yeah? you played against him last night.

But my thinking was a DoR role would be a step up he could be interested in. Grasping at straws really as the club needs a major shake up

When Matfield was here he said the club needed new coaches. Our board should have listened

I think Jim will see our the season but I've no idea who we'd get in to replace him.

But, from my understand, we can speak to players about signing with us in Jan. And who would come now, but a new coach (of decent calibre) could open the door to some decent players

But my thinking was a DoR role would be a step up he could be interested in. Grasping at straws really as the club needs a major shake up
I don't think Burt is really the type to walk out on a job he's only just getting his teeth into TBH - I also don't think he's a particularly DoR; but that he is a good hands-on coach, who seems to enjoy that aspect.
I could easily be wrong, but I just don't see him leaving his current post just yet.
When Matfield was here he said the club needed new coaches. Our board should have listened

I think Jim will see our the season but I've no idea who we'd get in to replace him.

Yup, and yup; and I've no idea either; pity you've missed out on the possiblity of Lam
But, from my understand, we can speak to players about signing with us in Jan. And who would come now, but a new coach (of decent calibre) could open the door to some decent players
Whilst in a similar situation ourselves last year, we managed to get Kahn, but generally had to wait for Bladders to arrive before we could get players.
I think your best bet is for the board to get going on who to appoint, so that they can negotiate with players and have a name to give them (even if it's off-record).

Last edited:
pity you've missed out on the possiblity of Lam

Whilst in a similar situation ourselves last year, we managed to get Kahn, but generally had to wait for Bladders to arrive before we could get players.
I think your best bet is for the board to get going on who to appoint, so that they can negotiate with players and have a name to give them (even if it's off-record).

PS completely agree with both these points

Last edited:
White would not be a good fit for Saints IMO.

Lam was perfect and your board should of made the big decision of offering him DOR post.

Maybe splash the cash and try and buy Rennie from Glasgow, outside that who knows

I mist say Lancaster would be perfect but doubt he'd leave. I personally always rated him highly even from his days as Saxons boss. But I think everyone in Leinster is loving the work he has done and way he is proving he is better than alot thought.

Off topic a bit it is interesting that Farrell and Lancaster both gambled and came to Munster and repaired their reputations massively.
I seen Farrell up close massively improve us here in Munster before moving successfully to having an impact on Ireland.
Lancaster has been the best thing that happened Cullen and again everyone has high praise for him.

Latest posts