TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
The Blue Bulls Company (Pty) Ltd confirmed on Thursday evening that decorated international rugby coach John Mitchell has been appointed as their new Executive of Rugby.

This appointment is the next step in the unfolding turnaround strategy announced by the company two weeks ago.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/mitchell-set-to-be-named-as-bulls-coach-reports-20170525

Well, I'm happy about this actually. We need a bit of discipline back at at the Bulls. I'm very interested to see what other plans there are in store at the Bulls. Because the other rumour is that Heyneke Meyer has been approached to become director of rugby.

Didn't Heyneke say no thanks?? Read it somewhere, can't find it now.....

He's a great guy with a good rugby mind. It's about time he got a coaching job in SA, he was tipped to be the sharks coach a few years ago, and also the Stormer's after AC left IIRC. IMO he's got a far better ability and chance to turn around the Bulls than Ludeke or Marais ever did. It's not the only thing Bulls mgmt is doing which is also cool, by all accounts the union is at panic stations trying to become that powerhouse team we all love to hate. Very exciting

John Mitchell is not well liked or thought of in rugby terms, north of the Bombay Hills.

i'm trying to come up with a joke about him but all i got is that he got us to tie argentina's c side twice

Can't see that Mitchell's worse than Marais. At least he played some rugby. At this stage things are so bad, the stadium's EMPTY at a Super game. Loftus must be in the red financially. I will give hime a year, just MAYBE he can make a difference.

I've been at a sold out Loftus for a CURRIECUP game.50k plus people.

i'm trying to come up with a joke about him but all i got is that he got us to tie argentina's c side twice

A little harsh! He didn't make a good first impression on me but he had that US side firing on all cylinders towards the end of the ARC. Its back to square one for XVs in the US at this rate.

Lol the hate for the guy is just delectible, I'm so happy he's at the bulls and not another SA team. Let's hope he can at least treat his players with some respect this time. He has a crazy huge ego, and rates himself extremely high which he's not. I enjoyed him when he was in the Supersport studio however, I reckon the bulls could do and have done worse

I guess there must also have been an assurance from the SARU that the Bulls will be staying in Super Rugby.

The important thing is that they appointed someone from outside the existing Bulls fraternity, at least it implies the Bulls are willing to change in the right direction.
I don't think Mitchell has a bad rugby brain but yes he has had some problems with player management in the past. I think his authoritarian style might suit the Bulls as they are though, I don't think too many of the Bulls players have huge egos yet.

Latest posts