• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Johns to quit international stage

Jeez Johns and Edwards overrated in the one thread ? Thats a big call m8. Both players step up in the big games and can turn any game around. For me thats what made or makes them world class.

isnt johns playing for the kiwis this year? or is that meant to be next year?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 06:37 PM
He's the most overrated human being since Judas Iscariot won the AD49 Best Disciple award, but he's still a very good player.
I don't get why you think John's is over-rated simply on the basis of his stint in the UK last year... People may have expected the world from him, but that doesn't change the fact that he is still UNDOUBTEDLY one of the greatest rugby league players of all time...

Seriously, just look at how different the Blues and Knights are when he's there! The Knights lost almost every match last year untill he came back, and then went on to win 8 straight at the end of the season, knocking over several big teams! NSW lost a tight first match to Qld in Origin 1 last year, then Johns comes back and we carve them in the last 2! It's pretty hard to call him over-rated when he does stuff like that... I can't remember many Lions players ever coming back from injuries that saw them see a mere 220 mins of match time in 18 months, to then play with unprecedented form in a vital match against the Kangaroos (which is what Johns did for NSW in Origin 2 last year)... but then, we won't kid ourselves, the UK doesn't produce players of Lockyer/Johns quality.

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 2 2006, 12:53 PM
isnt johns playing for the kiwis this year? or is that meant to be next year?
Hmm..next year...i think.

:)

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 07:37 PM
He's the most overrated human being since Judas Iscariot won the AD49 Best Disciple award.
That would be Tim Henman

Has there been any other athlete less deserving of the media attention he gets than Henman?

Murray is well on his way.

GO QUEENSLAND!!!!

hey sanzar who reckon can take joeys place in the blooz?...kimmorley?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 20 2006, 11:10 AM
GO QUEENSLAND!!!!

hey sanzar who reckon can take joeys place in the blooz?...kimmorley?
Take Joey's place? No one can take Joey's place... But maybe a halves pairing of Barrett and Gower would work, they tried it in the test team, but didn't give it enough time and they struggled a bit, but if they gel I reckon they'd be very effective.

But no, there is no way we'll be embarrassing Queensland in the same way we have been in the last couple years without Johns...

I'm still not believing Johns has quit rep footy

Its becoming evident selectors will struggle to pick a decent #7......Kimmorley is crap and is injured anyways

I'd rather Gower/Cambell/Barret/Orford type structure

If Anasta gets picked, I am punting for the Maroons and chucking $50.00 on em.

I will never support Braith Anasta..........until he proves to everyone he is rep material.

HE IS THE MOST OVERRATED FOOTY PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY!!!!

Originally posted by ak47@Apr 20 2006, 12:45 PM

Its becoming evident selectors will struggle to pick a decent #7......Kimmorley is crap and is injured anyways

I will never support Braith Anasta..........until he proves to everyone he is rep material.

No, that would be Brett Finch ;) .
Seriously though, Braith got picked last year because he was a stand out in a very crap Bulldogs team, and he played well at Origin level I thought. But on his form this year there is no way he will get picked... He's just not playing good enough footy.
Still I'd have Braith over Finch or Kimmorley any day of the week!

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 20 2006, 01:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Apr 20 2006, 12:45 PM

Seriously though, Braith got picked last year because he was a stand out in a very crap Bulldogs team, and he played well at Origin level I thought. But on his form this year there is no way he will get picked... He's just not playing good enough footy.
Still I'd have Braith over Finch or Kimmorley any day of the week! [/b]
I agree Finch,Anasta n Kimmorley CANNOT be picked surely........u never know with Gould's hand playing god.

Hopefully Orford hits some form like he did with Melbourne.

Originally posted by ak47+Apr 20 2006, 02:05 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 20 2006, 01:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Apr 20 2006, 12:45 PM

Still I'd have Braith over Finch or Kimmorley any day of the week!
I agree Finch,Anasta n Kimmorley CANNOT be picked surely........u never know with Gould's hand playing god.

Hopefully Orford hits some form like he did with Melbourne. [/b]
Yeah... I'm not a fan of Orford to be honest. I just think he's still a bit too fickle, sorta like Finch, but not as bad... I'd be much more comfortable with a Barret + Gower combination. They've both played on the biggest stage and know what's required.

i had a feeling johns will play SOO this year

and its all falling into place

Joey and Kennedy have been slammed by the ARL, coz they are picking and choosing which reps games they wanna play

The ARL said, u either rep eligible or not................not which rep game u wanna play

Joey n Kennedy have said they wanna play ANZAC but NOT SOO

ARL countered by saying, if u wanna play ANZAC, we can pick you for SOO.

either all in or all out

The ARL wont tolerate players thinking they are bigger than the sport itslef by choosing which rep games they want to play

I agree with ARL stance on this

Originally posted by ak47@Apr 21 2006, 02:29 PM
i had a feeling johns will play SOO this year

and its all falling into place

Joey and Kennedy have been slammed by the ARL, coz they are picking and choosing which reps games they wanna play

The ARL said, u either rep eligible or not................not which rep game u wanna play

Joey n Kennedy have said they wanna play ANZAC but NOT SOO

ARL countered by saying, if u wanna play ANZAC, we can pick you for SOO.

either all in or all out

The ARL wont tolerate players thinking they are bigger than the sport itslef by choosing which rep games they want to play

I agree with ARL stance on this
Fair call really... and anyway, those 2 can only help our chances :D

Oh and nice to see you using the new NRL avatar ak ;) .

Latest posts