• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah To Return In Hong Kong Tens..

G

Gavin

**Jonah Lomu will play rugby in Hong Kong next week, 11 years after his last competitive appearance in the city.

The All Blacks icon has confirmed he will play for the New Zealand Legends team in the Tens tournamemnt at Hong Kong Football Club on March 28-29.
Lomu's rise to global sporting celebrity coincided with his three winning appearances at the Hong Kong Sevens from 1994-96.

Now, after making a comeback from a kidney transplant, the giant winger is ready to pull on his boots again in the city where he first made his name.

"Hong Kong holds some special memories for me and I'm looking forward to playing there again with some of my old mates in the New Zealand Legends side," Lomu said in a statement released by tournament organisers.

Lomu, 31, will be part of a Legends line-up that includes his former All Blacks teammate and loose forward Scott Robertson, former sevens star Orene Ai'i and New Zealand's former Scottish international Brendan Laney.**

Does anyone know if this tournament will be televised? Even highlights available?

That would be great to see - an All Blacks legends team...And no sorry...don't know who is broadcasting it, however you could ring them on (852) 2504 8311

should be fun for all the visiting fans to see the legend himself and other greats - hopefully they can put on a show for everyone

Hong Kong 10s... well, I reckon Total Rugby will definitely get their hands on that tournament!
NZ Legends have been playing at the Dubai 7s as well... Not Lomu though... :(

Latest posts