Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coaching a Super 14 side

• Coaching the All Blacks

• Playing for the All Blacks

• Total voters
Hard to imagine him returning to playing rugby now, and certainly not at Super 14 level. He was at least considered but couldn't even make the bench. So I voted that he'll become an NPC coach, as his best comeback to the rugby ladder. This man keeps secrets.

i could see him going north again to give that a shot but realisticly i think its about time he called it a day on his playing career

I voted playing again...he could make the reserves for the All Blacks if everything goes perfectly in his comeback...however, he will probably coach.

It would be great to have him play again, then maybe he can get his first try against the south africans.

on rugby365.com there was an article saying he was still trying to get back to playing. I believe in him, what he's done so far is pretty extroadinary. I can't see him as a wing though.. maybe a tad.. But yeah he says hes squatting 370+kgs and thats bloody powerful! he did 8 reps of it. Think he said thats more than when he was fit and playing lol

legend nuff sed

Had the Honor to play alongside this guy in junior rep level and school boy's...His playing days are over, Id say he'd be a good assistant coach for an NPC team

i think he has what it takes to make the all blacks again even though is about 32 yrs old i mean the man is squating over 300kg now thats impressive and hey anybody with that much heart has to make at least back to playing super 14

Where's the 'none of the above' option? [/b]
Yep, where's that option or 'Returning to Rugby as a Commentator'.

No disrespect to the big guy, but I think it's time he let it go. Best he helps out in club rugby with the young ones giving them advice and all.

BUT if he proves me wrong and comes back all gunz blazing, then the BLUES is there for you.

he seems pretty keen to come back going by this article I found on tvnz.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/1248437

"The sky's the limit when it comes to playing ... all the results I'm getting in terms of training is pointing me in very positive way," Lomu said.

"In terms of strength, I'm surpassing what I used to do by miles, and my endurance in terms of running is quite a lot more than I had in the past."

Isnt that what everybody says when they come back from injury.

I remember Latham saying something along the line that his leg felt much better & stronger now than before the injury.

I don't think he'll make it back. With the problems he had he won't ever reach peak fitness again. I'd admire him if he still played rugby but NPC is probably his best bet and it's upto him if he wants to stay at that level.

I think his withdrawal for a time was a great shame for Rugby Union. I mean the guy was a global star already, think what else he could have acheived?

It'll be awesome if he could play again even if its just for 1 game that'll be choice.

Man i'd really like him to play for the ABs again but i think it's virtually impossible for him to make it. I think the highest level of rugby he could possibly play is NPC. I hope Jonah proves me wrong.

I don't think Jonah Lomu will make it back. He'll maybe try a coaching role. He didn't even make a Super 14 team let alone the All Blacks.

You have got to admire the guy for never giving up. For all that he has gone through to still want to play rugby and at the highest level shows an unbelievable amount of courage. A level of courage that is almost unmatched by anyone.

I have so much respect for the guy and as long as he wants to play rugby I will support him 100%.

How can anyone who knows what he has gone through even consider saying that he won't play rugby again? This guy has already proved loads of people wrong and I hope that he proves everybody wrong again and goes on and plays for the All Blacks.

Whether he does or not is irrelevant - Jonah Lomu's message for everybody is no matter how bad things get or how impossible things look you should never give up and you should never let your dreams die no matter how hard they look. And also you should never listen to the people that say you can't do things. Only listen to the people that say that you can.

I want Lomu to play for the All Blacks again if he can prove that he is good enough.

But first I want to see him back playing domestic rugby again.

The guy is a legend and not just for what he did on the field.

The man is a legend, and I would love to see him playing again ... but I don't think it'll happen. He'll make a return in coaching.