• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

Kriel and Combrink definitely deserve their spots but at least we might get Faf, if we could pick one white guy out of those three it would probably be Faf, Siya is still pretty good and wing just isn't as important a position as scum half.

Agreed but its just sad SA havn't been puting out the absolute strongest side we can since I can't remember when. Always some form of compromize somewhere.

That's actually not a bad team. A lot of the press have completely written Ireland off because of the injuries. The bench looks a little weak but the starting XV will be competitive.

[FONT=&quot]IRELAND'S EXPECTED TEAM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. Robbie Henshaw
14. Andrew Trimble
13. Jared Payne
12. Stuart Olding
11. Keith Earls
10. Paddy Jackson
9. Conor Murray[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Jack McGrath
2. Rory Best
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Iain Henderson
6. CJ Stander
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jamie Heaslip

I like that.[/FONT]

On the plus side that's the most Ulstermen in a starting line up for a long while, so yay.

On the minus side, I've got a feeling this is going to be a bit of a munter in which case the further away the Ulster players are from it the better, so boo.

I'm really not sure that the pack's up to the game that Jackson wants to play and I'm not sure Jackson is up to the game the pack will want to play.

Rumours off some sites now Payne will be 15.
Marshall or Olding at 12 with Henshaw going to 13

Ireland match 23:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Ckgi7LBXIAAkJ1W.jpg
    Ckgi7LBXIAAkJ1W.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 67
Irish team has been announced and added to the OP. I will also add the Springbok team when it's announced in about 15 minutes from now.

I'm kinda worried about that Irish team. Simply because Schmidt has probably got majority of calls bang on. Jordi is the 1 I probably would argue as I'd prefer Ruddock but overall he's picked hos best team. Hopefully Payne can force Schmidt to keep him at 15 as Rob is a spent force at this level now I feel. Marshall playing great stuff and deserves his go too.

Barring my desire to purge all trundlers from the Irish tight five, that's pretty much the team I'd have picked.

Those photos with the collars done up are hilarious.

Surprised not to see Richard Strauss on the bench....don't know the other hooker.

Good team. Pretty happy apart from Jordi Murphy. I'm ok with the fact he's picked, I just hate how he looks like post castration Theon Greyjoy.

So the Bok team is pretty much as we expected.

Jesse Kriel on the bench which means Ruan Combrink misses out.

Interesting to hear AC saying that he has a plan for Kitshoff for the long term to return to SA after his contract expires, and plans on using Nyakane in the long run on tighthead more and not just a loosehead.

Interesting to hear AC saying that he has a plan for Kitshoff for the long term to return to SA after his contract expires, and plans on using Nyakane in the long run on tighthead more and not just a loosehead.

Which is a good idea. Nyakane was initially a tighthead, before being selected at loosehead when he was at the Cheetahs.

I have a suspicion that next week's team will be different to this week's team...

You'll know all about "The Nugget" soon enough ;)

Well, bring it on then!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

- - - Updated - - -

Sad for Ruan Combrink. He deserves to play. I'm sure he will get a game in the series.

Hoping that he will make me look stupid and have the game of his life, I'm going to say AGAIN I don't like De Alende in the starting team.

I'm happy enough with that team. Only concern would be Ross - outside the scrum.

Delighted to see Luke Marshall back. There was talk last year that he might have to retire but he has played very well and deserves his spot. Henshaw going to 13 is also a bonus as is Payne moving to 15.

I share your suspicion.

I hope both you guys are right! Would love to see Combrinck and Jaco get a chance.

So I've been out of the loop this year, what do you guys make of that frontrow? I've always loved the White Snake, our own Vanilla Gorilla. Is he on form? What about Beast? Is Jesse Kriel kek these days? Super happy about that 9 selection! (less happy that Paige is our second choice).

Going to be at Newlands on Saturday, shouting like a South African and chugging beer like an Irishman.

Latest posts