• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

We can never close out a game. It's unbelievable. Conceding a try against a team that is a man down...

- - - Updated - - -

It's painful to admit, but yes. Within 10 years, the team will be subject to a global boycott again

Can anyone explain to me in what way Politics has effected SA Rugby, or is it too complicated. Because I've never quite understood it.

If CJ deserved a red then Brown did in the 6n. I was on the wrong side of that argument and the precedent set is that what Stander did shouldn't have been a red.
I'll point out Peat was arguing quite a bit Brown should of seen yellow/red he's more consistent than most refs.

Can anyone explain to me in what way Politics has effected SA Rugby, or is it too complicated. Because I've never quite understood it.

The ANC is forcing teams to work with quota based on skin color. A specific number of players has to be black. But guys like Pietersen, Mapoe and Jantjies do not count as black, because they are coloured. It's a ****-show with the racist government and it is only getting worse.

The ANC is forcing teams to work with quota based on skin color. A specific number of players has to be black. But guys like Pietersen, Mapoe and Jantjies do not count as black, because they are coloured. It's a ****-show with the racist government and it is only getting worse.

Excuse my stupidness but whats the difference between black and coloured?

If CJ deserved a red then Brown did in the 6n. I was on the wrong side of that argument and the precedent set is that what Stander did shouldn't have been a red.

And I wouldn't have complained if that was a red and I have no complaint about this being a red. I have a lot of complaints about how inconsistent their application of the rules are, but the way they've been reffing the game means I always saw it as a possible outcome. Not sure its right, but it is one with a certain degree of consistency.

And I'm on the record and remain on the record as believing any violent contact with the head should be a red card now. So, I guess of course I have no problem with it.

Back to the game, and SA are making heavy work of this.

No, because Lambie does not initiate the contact.

That's a particular way of looking at it.

Two players running against each other, neither of which is intentionally aiming at his opponents' body. Not difficult to argue the initiation is mutual.

Furlong will learn more now in next 20mins than a season in Pro12. And I've no doubt it'll be another string to his bow

Excuse my stupidness but whats the difference between black and coloured?

Nothing, unless you are from South Africa. What it comes down to, is that blacks are the traditionals like Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho tribes. Guys like Siya Kolisi, Bongi Mbonambe etc. If the name looks like someone fell asleep on top of his keyboard, you can basically assume he is considered black.

Oh. and Tendai Mtawarira also doesn't count because he was born in Zimbabwe.

That's a particular way of looking at it.

Two players running against each other, neither of which is intentionally aiming at his opponents' body. Not difficult to argue the initiation is mutual.

Lambie is not running against Stander.

But there are hardly and black players in the team anyway. Beast, Mvovo and that's it in the starters (And they've been 2 of SA's best players this game). So if it's only 2 players in a starting XV, how's that ruining SA rugby (Not in any way supporting or justifying the racist side of it, talking strictly from a rugby perspective)

But there are hardly and black players in the team anyway. Beast, Mvovo and that's it in the starters (And they've been 2 of SA's best players this game). So if it's only 2 players in a starting XV, how's that ruining SA rugby (Not in any way supporting or justifying the racist side of it, talking strictly from a rugby perspective)

But it is enforced at the lower level, which causes the players to be picked on skin color at club level, not on merit. The players now leave for Europe when they are 19 or 20 (Stander is a good example) instead of building a career in SA first.

Nothing, unless you are from South Africa. What it comes down to, is that blacks are the traditionals like Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho tribes. Guys like Siya Kolisi, Bongi Mbonambe etc. If the name looks like someone fell asleep on top of his keyboard, you can basically assume he is considered black.

Oh. and Tendai Mtawarira also doesn't count because he was born in Zimbabwe.

Hasn't that the ability to cause more divisions than uniting everyone.

But it is enforced at the lower level, which causes the players to be picked on skin color at club level, not on merit. The players now leave for Europe when they are 19 or 20 (Stander is a good example) instead of building a career in SA first.

Ahhhh, now I understand. thanks for explaining

Hasn't that the ability to cause more divisions than uniting everyone.

Somehow you are thinking more clearly than the ANC (Although that's not saying anything to be honest haha).

The thing is... Bafana Bafana, the national football team, and the national league, do not have a quota. Racism at its finest. But the world doesn't care, because the victims are white. When it was the other way around, the entire world was pressuring South Africa to change things, but now they don't give a ****

Latest posts