• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

So you're pro quota's in sport?
Depends on how they are introduced. I'm definitely against the way SA went about it: if quotas are to exist, then they need at least a generation (10-15 years) to phase one in, so the union can rework their resources from the bottom up.

Even then, I'm not too sure. I'm not automatically against the idea.

Then it still needs to be a red. Yes, rugby's a contact sport, but contact with the head needs to be cut out, and the fastest, most effective way to do that is to give reds. It's a shame for those that get one, but ultimately it is needed to keep the game as safe and as enjoyable as possible.

What if a player slips or ducks into a tackle and gets hit in the head?

Also, if it's serious enough to give a red for, then it's serious enough to cite and ban for - which means you're calling for any cantact with the head to be acted upon.
You are going to have an absurd number of bans in that case - several per game.

Last edited:
Do you think the RFU should be forced to impose non-privately educated quotas on the EPS?

I mean... most people in this country think that Rugby is only for posh people....

No. In my team at my club there are 23 players, 2 attend a private school. In my county team, it is a squad of 35(ish) there are only 6 who attend a private school. Granted, at private schools you have more opportunities (England Lambs), but I feel quite comfortable saying that the best players get picked, regardless of where they're educated.

Well played Ireland the best team won today and then some! Enjoy your victory well deserved. I'm off to drown my sorrows.

The ANC is forcing teams to work with quota based on skin color. A specific number of players has to be black. But guys like Pietersen, Mapoe and Jantjies do not count as black, because they are coloured. It's a ****-show with the racist government and it is only getting worse.

Which is quite ironic since the original Khoisan people can be considered coloured too by those standards.

If JP Pietersen has that ball under the other arm and goes low for the corner, he scores. What on earth was he thinking?

South African rugby keeps going from low to low. From Japan to losing to Ireland down to 14 men at home in South Africa, things are not looking good, especially with the player exodus.

No. In my team at my club there are 23 players, 2 attend a private school. In my county team, it is a squad of 35(ish) there are only 6 who attend a private school. Granted, at private schools you have more opportunities (England Lambs), but I feel quite comfortable saying that the best players get picked, regardless of where they're educated.

I think you've missed the point I was putting forward to j'nuh... that popular perception is not the same as reality.

Almost blew it near the end there but a well deserved win for Ireland.

Am I right in thinking a few of those private school kids are scouted and given scholarships? I know it tends to be true for Cricket

Sensational win for Ireland. Well done. 2-1 to the NH v the big 3 SH sides away. Great way to kick off the three test series. Keep it up!!!

Latest posts