• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Argentina - 06/11/22

Nowell should have caught him - surely, any winger should be able to catch pretty much any FH in a foot race - especially with Stewart coming in as well.
Faz should have been chasing back, beaten by the ball carrier, but ready to support the tackle area or interfere with any potential receiver of a pass.

I don't mind a quick appeal from a player; but really not at the expense of actually playing the game - appeal whilst running (and do it respectfully)

I don't think Nowell would've caught him but him running back would mean that Carreras couldn't run towards the corner and Steward probably would've caught him before the line

I don't think Nowell would've caught him but him running back would mean that Carreras couldn't run towards the corner and Steward probably would've caught him before the line
I wasn't sure if Carreras wasn't going at full tilt but was pretty surprised/impressed with Steward's effort he seemed to be closing the gap, angles of course but I thought Carreras would burn him.

We are getting like France of old, the older players just shrug their shoulders and don't give a ****, it's the younger players who are making an effort. These players need to be at least dropped to the bench and told to get their act together. If they don't care to put in the effort then they aren't in the team. Switching off the second you think a decision should go your way is right up there with turning your back on a player in a position to do a quick tap and go. I still find it baffling how professionals who supposedly have this drilled into them day after day for years still do this. NEVER turn your back on a player with the ball and always play to the whistle.

If I was a coach I'd be going full blown Mike Bassett at them and yelling discipline until they got it into their heads.

A bit disappointed by this result, was thinking before the weekend just gone that it would be a good bet to bet on argentina to beat wales because bookies seemed to be overestimating wales and underestimating argentina. Not so much now.

Thats the thing Eddie is great at having immediate impact when he starts...but he seems to have issues with a longer duration. Keeping a team performing over a long period. A sprinter not a marathon runner.
Most coaches do. Very few succesful coaches in Rugby that have spent longer than 4 or so years in the saddle.

Most coaches do. Very few succesful coaches in Rugby that have spent longer than 4 or so years in the saddle.
Just like in workplaces people are highly engaged when they start a new job. And Each time a new coach comes in it's like starting a new job. New ideas to absorb, new boss to impress, new energy from the coach too.

We are getting like France of old, the older players just shrug their shoulders and don't give a ****, it's the younger players who are making an effort. [/URL]
Baring in mind that Farrell and Nowell are renowned for their workrate, which often gets used to excuse other areas where they can be found wanting.

Compare and contrast to Zach, who often got accused of being workshy...

Baring in mind that Farrell and Nowell are renowned for their workrate, which often gets used to excuse other areas where they can be found wanting.

Compare and contrast to Zach, who often got accused of being workshy...

Guessing Smith was out of gas after a 79 min game so thats prob why he was caught. And in min 1 no way would Mercer catch him.

Yet even though against a smaller faster player who he prob thinks he wont be able to catch he keeps on going all the way regardless and gets his man.

Guessing Smith was out of gas after a 79 min game so thats prob why he was caught. And in min 1 no way would Mercer catch him.
IIRC Smith had been on for about 15-20 minutes, whilst Zach was the starter.
Note also, 5-6 other Bath players (including workshy slow-coach Coka) also busting their arses to get back and provide whatever support they could, even if they couldn't get to Smith personally. As opposed to England's 1

11656237-A02-F-4237-B27-C-100163-A57512.png

Latest posts