• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

Yeahhhh Ireland!!!! You should win both remaining tests aswell against the Springkane!!!!

What if a player slips or ducks into a tackle and gets hit in the head?

Then it depends on the recklessness of the situation. If it was genuinely a slip then no, but if it's a situation where it could be deemed as somewhat intentional (e.g. when Ranger rammed his forearm into Slade's face a couple years ago) then yes.

Well done Ireland just imagine if you played with 15 men!

Writing has been on the wall for South Africa for some time, Northern Hemisphere teams are shifting their focus to attacking rugby, because they have learned it's the most effective and it's paying off.

South Africa will continue to keep falling down the rankings if they don't pick their best players and change their philosophy. Long way to go for them.

Am I right in thinking a few of those private school kids are scouted and given scholarships? I know it tends to be true for Cricket

A lot of the top players will often be offered a scholarship by a private school (Blundell's being the top example, they've offered scholarships to nearly everyone in the Devon squad, including myself) which is why so many players at the highest level did attend private school. (I didn't take the scholarship BTW, for a bit of context for this discussion, I used to attend a private school but now go to a state school)

Then it depends on the recklessness of the situation. If it was genuinely a slip then no, but if it's a situation where it could be deemed as somewhat intentional (e.g. when Ranger rammed his forearm into Slade's face a couple years ago) then yes.
What was your opinion of Brown kicking Murray in the 6n? I thought putting danger to the head should be a red but the precedent set was that if it's a technically legal act the outcome should not matter. I can't see Stander not playing next week to be honest and if he does it should result in a shift in WR laws.

What was your opinion of Brown kicking Murray in the 6n? I thought putting danger to the head should be a red but the precedent set was that if it's a technically legal act the outcome should not matter. I can't see Stander not playing next week to be honest and if he does it should result in a shift in WR laws.

As an England supporter at the time I said it wasn't a red, but objectively looking back at it, it definitely should've been a red.

South Africa is just wasting everyone's time. Until merit takes precedence over everything else, including at SARU, the Springboks will just be another name on game day. World Rugby banning them cannot come soon enough, then SARU and this ridiculous government will have to change their ways.

F*cking useless retards!!! Now everybody gets the chance to play their best ever game against the Springboks, first Argentina, then Japan and now Ireland. Come on everyone jump on the bandwagon!! Yeah bash bash and bash it up but what if the other team doesn't roll over and shiver with fear? Oops no plan B!!

Last edited:
South Africa is just wasting everyone's time. Until merit takes precedence over everything else, including at SARU, the Springboks will just be another name on game day. World Rugby banning them cannot come soon enough, then SARU and this ridiculous government will have to change their ways.

Completely agree, they have completely trashed the Super Rugby competition as well and turned it into a joke.

As an England supporter at the time I said it wasn't a red, but objectively looking back at it, it definitely should've been a red.
Fair, from a legal perspective I think the Brown case makes that not a red nor a suspension. Reckless ly causing a bad head injury, in my opinion, should be heavily punished but I don't think it's the view of world rugby.

Anyway... Time to get drunk.

I've gotta say, for all the talk about politics, quotas don't make a man forget how to pass and catch.

We bemoan, time and time again, the way NH teams lag behind SH teams because they have the mental and technical ability to get the ball into space. Based on that, South Africa is the most NH side in the world. All of the cool-headed players who made South Africa great in the last generation are gone and there's no one there to replace them. There's no one in their prime replacing the old farts really. Coetzee really has his work cut out to get some brains and hands back into them.

Been a very good week for closing the hemisphere gap.

Fair, from a legal perspective I think the Brown case makes that not a red nor a suspension. Reckless ly causing a bad head injury, in my opinion, should be heavily punished but I don't think it's the view of world rugby.

Anyway... Time to get drunk.

Ultimately I think there just needs to be more consistency. If contact to the head is a red card, then fair enough, if not, then fair enough, but it needs to be one or the other, not both depending on the outcome. I think it should be a red, but apparently many on this forum don't.

Reckless ly causing a bad head injury, in my opinion, should be heavily punished but I don't think it's the view of world rugby.

Again though... unless you are saying any use of the foot in a ruck and any chargedown is reckless, and therefore illegal, then you are judging whether it's reckless or not by the outcome - which is illogical.

Latest posts