• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just an honest question

The_Apostle

Academy Player
I am curious, with all the talented, and artistic people that mods EA 08, why there has seem to be no effort to mod rugby champions? The game seems to have good bones, but could use stadiums and such. Thanx

My answer is that I played Rugby 08 when it was first released and it's nostalgic to get to play it again, it's even better with everything updated. I have no affinity with any other rugby games, I don't own Rugby Champions so couldn't do anything anyway.

After looking at a video of this game Rugby Champions. I don't think the gameplay and especially the AI deserve anyone's time modding it. It looks horrible. But, I could be wrong.

After looking at a video of this game Rugby Champions. I don't think the gameplay and especially the AI deserve anyone's time modding it. It looks horrible. But, I could be wrong.
I think that's incredibly harsh. From watchung a few videos online, to my eyes it looks like it could be the best rugby game out there, other than JLR of course. It certainly looks a lot better than Rugby 18/20/22 and Rugby 08 (which I admit, I've never liked and don't understand the appeal of). If we are talking bad AI, then there's a boatload of that in R08! (and most rugby games tbf).

Unfortunately Rugby Champions is too heavy to run on my old PC, so I can't actaully play it. It's a bit sad though, that what looks to me like a sold rugby game has been totally ignored by the public.

its honestly the best rugby game out there gameplay wise. may take a while to get used to controls but once you do some of the tries you can score are awesome. obviously apart from gameplay it doesnt have much else. it has a decent career mode customization but thats about it.

Latest posts