• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just been playing WCR again

L

locksley

On Challenge mode, beat "All Stars" with all teams! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this! It's great! I even went to a penalty shootout at the end of extra time! I didn't even know this was in the game!!!!

Also, play this again, but try it on the "Overhead Far" cam! It really does make a HUGE difference! Brilliant fun!

Seriously! I was really bored, so I thought I'd have a go on this! It was great! The graphics are really good, extremely smooth and slick! The defence is a bit of a pain, but for a quick, half hour fun burst, it's great!

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 13 2005, 01:28 PM
Seriously! I was really bored, so I thought I'd have a go on this! It was great! The graphics are really good, extremely smooth and slick! The defence is a bit of a pain, but for a quick, half hour fun burst, it's great!
Fair enough for a very quick blast I suppose......

I've been playing it a bit too, one thing that bugs me about the game is those icons! they are huge, can't see some stuff sometimes because there in the way. Hope we can turn them off in WCR2, prime example:

12345.jpg

Can't even see the maul

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jan 13 2005, 01:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jan 13 2005, 01:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Jan 13 2005, 01:28 PM
Seriously! I was really bored, so I thought I'd have a go on this!  It was great!  The graphics are really good, extremely smooth and slick!  The defence is a bit of a pain, but for a quick, half hour fun burst, it's great!
Fair enough for a very quick blast I suppose...... [/b]
It is the best rugby game since JLR.

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 13 2005, 01:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 13 2005, 01:57 PM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jan 13 2005, 01:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
Seriously! I was really bored, so I thought I'd have a go on this!  It was great!  The graphics are really good, extremely smooth and slick!  The defence is a bit of a pain, but for a quick, half hour fun burst, it's great!

It is the best rugby game since JLR. [/b]
NO.....jonahs the benchmark of rugby gameplay which sadly hasnt been touched..
hopefully it will be soon...

i only play wcr in multiplay as its more interesting and better playing someone at yall own level then the useless ai.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jan 13 2005, 03:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jan 13 2005, 03:10 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 13 2005, 01:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley

i only play wcr in multiplay as its more interesting and better playing someone at yall own level then the useless ai. [/b]
Hey! sometimes the useless ai beats me
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jan 13 2005, 02:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jan 13 2005, 02:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley

i only play wcr in multiplay as its more interesting and better playing someone at yall own level then the useless ai. [/b]
notice how he said its the best rugby game since jlr ak47 didnt say it was the best of all time

I still like it.good graphic and easy to play its good.Not happy bout bashing...but its the best in stores now.

I've been playing it again, and enjoying it.

Big problems though:
-Button bashing
-Very slack tackle animations

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 15 2005, 02:15 PM
I've been playing it again, and enjoying it.

Big problems though:
-Button bashing
-Very slack tackle animations
and that elastic tackle is damn fustrating!

-Also too hard to win rucks on hard
-forwards are useless (yes they win you the ball but thats about it!)
-lineouts are fluke!
<

-scrums impossible
-props kicking drop goals just as good as first five

Yea WCR is fun every now and again but it needs more depth,

Not just draw in and pass to winger and run,

1.Please get rid of the big hit that makes player drop the ball EVERY time,Stupid stupid stupid idea,there is no point in every running straight at someone as they use it everytime

2.Forwards need to run faster

3.Get rid of button mashing

4.Make the gameplay of JLR with better graphics please
<

I know im not making myself popular by saying this, but....

What's the big deal with Jonah Lomu Rugby still? Yes it was obviously good for its day, but the graphics are aweful and the gameplay is very arcadey, definately not a simulation style of gameplay.
Rugby 2001 is still my favourite rugby game.

*hides behind flame-proof barrier, and waits for masses of angry TRF people*

And WCR was simulation?

JLR was more simulation that WCR and was easily the most fun rugby game out

Rugby 2001,2004,WCR have not even compared to JLR as of yet

I hope Rugby 2005 can tho

and i did say JLR with BETTER GRAPHICS
<

the gameplay of that game was just so great that i played it near every day for 6 years,only cos ive sold my ps1 since that i dont still play it
<

I couldnt even play rugby 2001 or 2004 for longer then 6 months

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jan 13 2005, 02:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jan 13 2005, 02:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley

I don't know about that one mate... I seriously played Rugby 2004 more than I ever did JLR! Maybe it's because I got JLR second hand after playing the original EA "Rugby" and didn't play it at the time of it's original release, but I seriously could not figure out what people liked so much about that game? I personall just think that it has just been romantisiszed so much that people simply can't see that it wasn't really all that great...I mean, once you mastered the 'delayed offload' tachnique you could easily beat ever the Japan V NZ challenge!... Sorry, but personally I think SJRL is the benchmark yet to be touched! Especially if you get it on PC and download some of the really slick patches with high res jersey's etc that have been made!

Originally posted by Boomslangnz@Jan 25 2005, 09:04 PM
And WCR was simulation?

JLR was more simulation that WCR and was easily the most fun rugby game out
Did you even read my post? I never said anything about WCR being a simulation game at all.

Everyone has their own opinion, that's fine.

I agree sanzar, nothing touches SJRL yet.

I hope Rugby 2005 is good (given the lack of hype and such - i mean EA have kept things pretty quiet, strangely)

Latest posts