• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just been playing WCR again

Originally posted by Savage@Jan 25 2005, 08:48 PM
What's the big deal with Jonah Lomu Rugby still?
That it's still fun to play.

I agree, for the most part, with what you said regarding graphics and the arcadey-ness of the gameplay, especially now, nearly 8 years on, but I find it really fun to play.

It's fast (the fastest of all of them) and fluid enough to not spoil things.

I played the hell out of Rugby 2001, and I still enjoy it for the most part (way better than Rugby 2004), but I feel the gameplay is a bit detached.

Originally posted by Savage+Jan 26 2005, 01:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Savage @ Jan 26 2005, 01:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boomslangnz
@Jan 25 2005, 09:04 PM
And WCR was simulation?

JLR was more simulation that WCR and was easily the most fun rugby game out
Did you even read my post? I never said anything about WCR being a simulation game at all.

Everyone has their own opinion, that's fine.

I agree sanzar, nothing touches SJRL yet.

I hope Rugby 2005 is good (given the lack of hype and such - i mean EA have kept things pretty quiet, strangely) [/b]
Sorry, I didn't read your earlier post mate, otherwise I'd have quoted you
<

I just jumped straight into reply mode as soon as I read 'chiro's' post about lomu being untouchable etc...

It's so nice to finally find someone else who realises that JLR was not PERFECT!

SJRL is just so much fun even now for me! And people go on about Bill Mclarren's commentary in JLR! What about Vossy in NRL? He leaves Bill for dead!

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 26 2005, 01:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 26 2005, 01:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Savage
@Jan 25 2005, 08:48 PM

I agree, for the most part, with what you said regarding graphics and the arcadey-ness of the gameplay, especially now, nearly 8 years on, but I find it really fun to play.
[/b]
dont get me wrong, it is a fun game to play, especially with a group of mates round.

I just think people go a little over the top in their praise of JLR. But like i said previously, everyone has different tastes in rugby games and thats fine. Hopefully WCR 2 is what all the JLR fans have wanted ("great" gameplay of JLR with awesome graphics) and everyone can stop going on about JLR.

Originally posted by Savage+Jan 26 2005, 01:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Savage @ Jan 26 2005, 01:35 PM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 26 2005, 01:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Savage

dont get me wrong, it is a fun game to play, especially with a group of mates round.

I just think people go a little over the top in their praise of JLR. But like i said previously, everyone has different tastes in rugby games and thats fine. Hopefully WCR 2 is what all the JLR fans have wanted ("great" gameplay of JLR with awesome graphics) and everyone can stop going on about JLR. [/b]
Well, you never forget your first.
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 26 2005, 02:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 26 2005, 02:18 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Savage@Jan 26 2005, 01:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Boomslangnz
@Jan 25 2005, 09:04 PM
And WCR was simulation?

JLR was more simulation that WCR and was easily the most fun rugby game out

Did you even read my post? I never said anything about WCR being a simulation game at all.

Everyone has their own opinion, that's fine.

I agree sanzar, nothing touches SJRL yet.

I hope Rugby 2005 is good (given the lack of hype and such - i mean EA have kept things pretty quiet, strangely)
Sorry, I didn't read your earlier post mate, otherwise I'd have quoted you
<

I just jumped straight into reply mode as soon as I read 'chiro's' post about lomu being untouchable etc...

It's so nice to finally find someone else who realises that JLR was not PERFECT!

SJRL is just so much fun even now for me! And people go on about Bill Mclarren's commentary in JLR! What about Vossy in NRL? He leaves Bill for dead! [/b]
I dont know why you think SJRL is so great. Its the worst purchase i ever made. Sure it may have potential for sequels, but it sucked, i had no fun playing it at all.

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 26 2005, 03:07 PM
I dont know why you think SJRL is so great. Its the worst purchase i ever made. Sure it may have potential for sequels, but it sucked, i had no fun playing it at all.
The worst purchase you ever made? ... fair enough. I personally still get heaps of enjoyment out of it! It's far from perfect, but it feels like "league" more than any union game has felt like "union" if you know what I mean...
Anyway, my point wasn't really about SJRL, it was more about people over stating the quality of JLR... Realistically, what aspect of JLR is could you seriously and undoubtably claim was better than SJRL? Nothing for me... But as cpt am just said "you never forget your first", so I guess it's more a case of selective memory...

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 26 2005, 01:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 26 2005, 01:49 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Savage@Jan 26 2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 26 2005, 01:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Savage

I just think people go a little over the top in their praise of JLR. But like i said previously, everyone has different tastes in rugby games and thats fine. Hopefully WCR 2 is what all the JLR fans have wanted ("great" gameplay of JLR with awesome graphics) and everyone can stop going on about JLR.
Well, you never forget your first.
<
[/b]
Haha so true.

Anyway, I think I'll continue to play WCR till the WCR2 issue (but it should be better
<
)...

Ahem -- an idea:
you're messed in a world championship, in the 6 nat's, etc. -- what about inexpected advices blinking and sliding on the screen and telling you news of the other fixtures of your group, league, cup, etc.?
E.g.: "Robinson has just scored his 2nd try against Tonga -- England leads Group C"...

Bye bye everybody
<

Originally posted by Vibor@Jan 27 2005, 03:08 AM
Anyway, I think I'll continue to play WCR till the WCR2 issue (but it should be better
<
)...

Ahem -- an idea:
you're messed in a world championship, in the 6 nat's, etc. -- what about inexpected advices blinking and sliding on the screen and telling you news of the other fixtures of your group, league, cup, etc.?
E.g.: "Robinson has just scored his 2nd try against Tonga -- England leads Group C"...

Bye bye everybody
<
I think that's a great idea, but would possibly only work for the World Cup pool matches as they usually have some games starting at the same time.

All other tournaments have staggered kickoffs.

Latest posts