• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

just complete the world championship on normal mod

I

Inertia

This was pretty good in normal mode as england, i havent dared yet to go to the next level up but i will as i get better. i find scoring quite challening in this game.

The competition was pretty good, playing SA was a serious challenge (won 5-3!) and NZ were also competitive (they scored a try in the first break after kickoff and i thought , oh here we go :D) but i did win that game 21-5 in the end.

I was pleased that it wasn't too easy but NZ didn't spend a lot of time inside my 22 which was a bit disappointing.

What i did like was using tactical kicking against the better teams, passing out to the fly half and then booting it for touch. was nice.

i find cut out passing hard to do for some reason (maybe my controller?) and the chip over the top is hard to execute against decent teams (as is the grubber).

anyone got any decent attacking kicking tips for ,me?

hopefully the next level of difficulty plays a bit better without being frustrating for the player. :bravo: this game is really enjoyable and i recommend people buy it if they are having trouble deciding. it plays much more like a real game of rugby (obviously not as sim as r2006 but fun and realistic at the same time).

What I like about this game is that if the difficulty is higher, you can still win your own rucks most of the time, and it's still possible to win an oppositions ruck.

Apparently your players slow down when on intensive care mode, but I can't say I noticed it. Definitely found defending a lot harder though.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 9 2006, 04:50 PM
What I like about this game is that if the difficulty is higher, you can still win your own rucks most of the time, and it's still possible to win an oppositions ruck.

Apparently your players slow down when on intensive care mode, but I can't say I noticed it. Definitely found defending a lot harder though.
ur players dont slow down, they actually go faster and so does the opposition. Which kinda makes it harder especially when ur trying to clear the ball away. Even when i drop the fullback to the pocket i still get tackled b4 i can kick the ball sometimes. The sprint metre drains out faster aswell

yeah on intensive care mode, the whole game speeds up. 2 be honest, i find myself actually enjoying this game now. Yeah i no i sed its 2 one dimensional, it is but for sum reason, im enjoying playing the game on intensive care, coz its fast, the fend actually works, and they dont react to the fend off like they had just been snipered!!

I actually regret giving this game as much **** as i first did. One thing i dont like tho, is the defending around the goal lines. its that stupid stop while ur running then get tackled tackle!! sucks!! but i spose if it wasnt like that then tries wud be way to easy.

I find the rucks very fair in this game. on intensive care its harder to win the oppostions ball, and you find you have to be alot more aware of not isolating your player, coz then your most probly gonna get turned. But you can still win ball of the opposition if they are isolated too. Very nice!! :D

What wud make it better tho is if they had the SH licences. As im only playing the Six Nations, and Top14, and the premiership. Which are all gud, but being a NZer, it just feels wrong. But yeah im enjoying the game alot more now :cheers:

Originally posted by nui1stxv@Feb 9 2006, 06:00 PM
2 one dimensional
How odd. You chose to write out the full word "one", but used the number 2 instead of the word "too".

How bizarre.

yep I started playing on INtensive Care last night and it's not going too well :D

i got hammered twice by australia (something like 40-0 and then 47-5 in tri) and i managed a draw 15-15 with South Africa.

i like the fact its harder to turn over the ruck but still possibly to keep your own.

i'm finding it very hard to score though. I've been trying not to keep my finger pressed on the sprint button but to be honest it's not making a lot of difference to me.

it's very hard to clear your lines on IC, you always get tackled if you dont make the kick in a split second.

i find the game to be the best flowing rugby game out there right now that doesn't frustrate the **** out of you. RL 2 has a lot of things that make you ****** off because they are somewhat unjust (lack of control etc) but this game there are not many excuses at all.

it plays out much better than r2005 but I am hoping R2006 will beat this game in the simulation department. I think we finally have 2 games that are worthwhile playing because they will be different from each other but both constructed in ways that the game play is fun.

rc2006 looks great in spinning near end mode , you don't get that cartoony feel until the breaks in play with the cinematics , if you like.

8/10 from me :cheers:

the only things i dislike in this game is the lack of line out depth, the blatant offsides, the feet going into touch not being called (although that usually works in my favour :D ) and not being able to jump at will. it's also annoying you can't pick your own squads, like in R2005.

add some set plays movements, fix the above and a quick lineout option and this game could be totally amazing.

Not sure that EA06 is more simulation really. Its a little slower paced and the world league is a little more in depth but apart from that essentially they try to do the same thing which is offer the player a game of rugby. Of the two I definately prefer RC06.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 9 2006, 09:24 PM
Yes, it should have been "2 1 dimensional" or "Two one dimensional"...
Well, being very strict it should be hyphenated.

"Too one-dimensional" or "Too 1-dimensional" would be correct here.

Lesson over.

Maths tomorrow! Yay!

"one-demensional"

is there something i don't know among all the pedanticisim? :D

Inertia, I tried to put my career team on Intensive care mode... Got flogged for pretty much the whole season. Winless, but managed two draws.

But now I'm getting better for sure...

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 9 2006, 11:40 PM
Not sure that EA06 is more simulation really. Its a little slower paced and the world league is a little more in depth but apart from that essentially they try to do the same thing which is offer the player a game of rugby. Of the two I definately prefer RC06.
Really? I've only played RC so far, but considering Rugby 06 has set plays, more indeapth line outs, the option to perform illegal plays, more options from rucks and scrums, longer game times etc I think you could say it's more simulation... RC is DEFINATELY an arcade game, everything about it feels that way.

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 9 2006, 08:53 PM
the feet going into touch not being called (although that usually works in my favour :D ) and not being able to jump at will.
Feet into to touch shouldn't have been admitted my Trev cos he could have got away with it, i think it makes it more realistic. In EA's put your legs out and your out, but in real rugby if you release the ball before feet go over it's play on and when the ball comes out of the ruck on RC it in the field of play. I like the fact that you roll properly into touch, momentum is what seems to take them over, without momentum you can just do the legs.

Also you can jump, on PS2 press the 'x' button - works well.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 10 2006, 03:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Feb 9 2006, 11:40 PM
Really? I've only played RC so far, but considering Rugby 06 has set plays, more indeapth line outs, the option to perform illegal plays, more options from rucks and scrums, longer game times etc I think you could say it's more simulation... RC is DEFINATELY an arcade game, everything about it feels that way. [/b]
But then there are so many things that dont lend theirselves to being a simulation, like getting turned over 99% of the time when your on your opponents line, simply because you are on your opponents line. The fact that its like schoolyard rugby where everyone chases the ball. The fact that miss and man and diagonal run is easily the best way to make yards. The fact that its so easy to win your lineout almost every time by simply throwing to the front means why throw anywhere else ?

Its things like the above that detract from the feel of the game as a whole and why I think RC06 plays a better game of rugby.

Good call on the players chasing you like you're the only player on the park... That was one of the things that ****** me off in Rugby 2005. Unfortunately it looks like its there again.

RC2006 had very little of it, and was far more realistic in that respect.

However, I am still expecting Rugby 2006 to be better from a singleplayer point of view... Hopefully... Of course it'd have to be much better than Rugby 2005 to even be equal with RC...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 11 2006, 12:00 AM
Good call on the players chasing you like you're the only player on the park... That was one of the things that ****** me off in Rugby 2005. Unfortunately it looks like its there again.

However, I am still expecting Rugby 2006 to be better from a singleplayer point of view... Hopefully... Of course it'd have to be much better than Rugby 2005 to even be equal with RC...
I think some will definately like it much better than RC06. Some will probably say RC doesnt even compare to EA06, its just something I can see happening.

However I think there may be some that will prefer RC06 to EA06 in the long term. That was probably less expected.

I dont think some anticipated how good RC06 was actually going to be.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Feb 11 2006, 12:46 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 11 2006, 12:00 AM

I think some will definately like it much better than RC06. Some will probably say RC doesnt even compare to EA06, its just something I can see happening.

However I think there may be some that will prefer RC06 to EA06 in the long term. That was probably less expected.

I dont think some anticipated how good RC06 was actually going to be. [/b]
Yep, I'm one of those people it seems...

It just gets better. Sure, it's not perfect, but it is very very fun. The things that was was most bugged by leading up to release, I happen to love now... Except the slow rucks.

But sprinting is implement very well, making for arcadey play, but also tactical play. Adding a little more depth.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Feb 11 2006, 12:51 AM-->
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 11 2006, 12:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 11 2006, 12:00 AM

I dont think some anticipated how good RC06 was actually going to be.
Yep, I'm one of those people it seems...

It just gets better. Sure, it's not perfect, but it is very very fun. The things that was was most bugged by leading up to release, I happen to love now... Except the slow rucks.

But sprinting is implement very well, making for arcadey play, but also tactical play. Adding a little more depth. [/b]
No it certainly isnt perfect but the fact its fun puts it right at the top of the pile. Agree with you on the sprint meter too. It does force you to think about what you do on the field more ie. If I sprint now I will beat that guy, but then the fullback will have me for dinner.

Decisions, decisions ;)

I have just become a pro at offloads... Well, sometimes.

In my last match I scored no less than three tries where the last pass was from an offload. Twice out on the left wing, and once more or less up the middle.

My left winger, Abe Qamar (not his first name, but something similar) recieved a skip pass where it was one on one with his opposite number, he got lifted high in a massive tackle, and offloaded to his left (nobody was there) where the Lock, a certain Mr. Sam Good was sprinting with all of the speed he could muster, and snatched the ball from Qamar left shoulder where it was a mad dash to the tryline from 15 metres out...

I watched the replay for hours.

The next one was very similar, but it was from about 40 metres out and my speedy outside centre, the moustached Mr. [name] [name] went full bore towards the tryline, chipping over the top of Henson at fullback (how great does Henson look? Cracks me up)...

The best on however came from 15 metres out, far left. pass to the fly half, draw defender pass to flanker, run right up the guts, offload left, speedy centre agin gets it and doubles around past the tackle and bursts through a gap to score.

Lost the game though from a last minut penalty...

Latest posts