• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just got the PS2 Version

Originally posted by tomthebomb@Mar 12 2005, 03:49 PM
sorry i put i badly. you know how in real life if a teams passes it v. quickly out to the winger, the winger then becomes isolated. the other team normally will then normally turn it over or in rugby 2005 do all the forwards suddenly appear at the breakdown and win the ball. basically is what im trying to ask is if turnovers are common and how do u win or get turned over in the ruck

cheers
in the ruck you have to bind with people quickly and pass it out quickly. if you give it out to the wing right away, they will be isolated, so usually i just bring it out with the center and draw in the defended, then dummy or flick it out to the wing. its better not to stay on the edge, and if you're a wing cut it inside if you have room. if you're all alone infront of everybody witha winger or fullback, chances are you'll turn it over. if you dont think you can get by the defender, you should pass it back just so you dont lose momentum.

Originally posted by tomthebomb@Mar 13 2005, 08:36 AM
with regards to the right anolouge stick i have heard it can perform special tackles
I thought this was taken out. What have you found king ninja?

got it for ps2 today in dublin. its savage, i've been playing it since six to try and get over my heartbreak from lansdowne road today. Its just so much fun, ireland are good but the all blacks are fantastic, the haka beforehand is great, i've played about 5 games with them and havent skipped the haka yet.

Ninja Pirate.....

....if you are standing still and press the diving tackle, where does he dive?

1. At the ball carrier
2. Forward in the direction he is facing

If it is 2 then does this means that you have to be super accurate when directing the dive tackle. Is there no "lock on" direction like JLR?

Also what happens if you push the dive tackle a split second before you were going to execute the run into tackle. Would the animation be "dive"? Or would it be because you are so close a different animation like a big hit?

Yours Sincerely

Gay Guy

ninjapirate - I once read that Pirates were ninja's worst enemies. Have you signed some sort of treaty or ceasefire?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 13 2005, 03:56 PM
Ninja Pirate.....

1. At the ball carrier

If it is 2 then does this means that you have to be super accurate when directing the dive tackle. Is there no "lock on" direction like JLR?

Also what happens if you push the dive tackle a split second before you were going to execute the run into tackle. Would the animation be "dive"? Or would it be because you are so close a different animation like a big hit?

Yours Sincerely

Gay Guy
Yes!

Please answer both these questions ninja...

PLEASE!!

dont get sidetracked! hehe....

<

also....

Can you please tell me, are you happy with the look of the game graphically...does it move well and stuff....yout honest opinion please.

and xboxers can U let him answer w/out the xbox has better graphics stuff - that's obvious.
ta.

i have played about 20 or 30 games since getting it on Wednesday. Graphically, I had on big screen tv with standard ps2 cables on it was okay. I recently hooked it up to my widescreen with component video cables and it loos much better. In fact, I was going to purchase the xbox version to compare but am very satisfied with the looks now.

I love the game, won the world cup with ireland on normal. Beat England 10-8 after losing to them in round robin 29-0. O'Driscoll is great. Defense is tough. You do lose the ball when you go solo on the wing. I end to be offside alot. Any questions , I'll try to assist.

Originally posted by chuquea@Mar 13 2005, 03:42 PM
Any questions , I'll try to assist.
Thanks Chu, I think ninj is meditating somewhere
<

Can you answer the questions ninj hasn't answered yet?

1. At the ball carrier

And especially</span>

<span style="color:purple">I have a theory regarding the programming. They say that the backline (I do not know if this still holds true) get the ball from the ruck with a STANDING start (obviously except for the charging forward). My "theory" is that if the scrum half picked up the ball from the ruck and took one or two steps then the computer would not recognise this as "pass from the ruck - standing start reciever" and read it as "open play" since you have ALREADY chosen one of the options avilable at a ruck. Therefore in "open play" mode the backline should theoretically RUN WITH YOU in support (again I do not know if they have this support like style from JLR). Therefore (that word again) when the scrum half passes it whilst moving the first reciever should theoretically receive it ON THE MOVE!!! And there you have it......backs receiving on the run.

Brings into play other questions like: Can you pick up the ball from a ruck after selecting a set play.....and if you can how does that affect the set play? Imagine running across with the halfback 10 metres THEN executing the set play.

Do you think this works?

Originally posted by chuquea@Mar 13 2005, 04:42 PM
i have played about 20 or 30 games since getting it on Wednesday. Graphically, I had on  big screen tv with standard ps2 cables on it was okay. I recently hooked it up to my widescreen with component video cables and it loos much better. In fact, I was going to purchase the xbox version to compare but am very satisfied with the looks now.

I love the game, won the world cup with ireland on normal. Beat England 10-8 after losing to them in round robin 29-0. O'Driscoll is great. Defense is tough. You do lose the ball when you go solo on the wing. I end to be offside alot. Any questions , I'll try to assist.
Um..yes...but firstly, chuquea (is that like f***youea? lol!)

I want answers!!

I have a widescreen (I assume you selected widescreen on menu -cn u confirm this? Cos Locksley said U could) and it has natural motion - so it will look sweet?

Please reassure me.....

also - when you say video plugs(!?) - Do U mean just the leads that go into the tv! Or R U referring to something else.

Going out for a couple of hours..

PLEASE have answers when i return..

These are really the last things I want to know..

Thank you!!

<
<

guys sorry, i was at a tom rush concert. its past midnight and im going to bed but ive read your questions and i promise i'll answer them tomorrow.

Originally posted by ninjapirate@Mar 13 2005, 05:08 PM
its past midnight and im going to bed
Yours?
<

No sorry...too young....sorry bad GG influence...sorry
<

I know....the bed of the king ninjas next victim
<
<
<
<

Originally posted by TRUTH@Mar 13 2005, 05:21 PM
are u really gay gay-guy??????

not that theres anything wrong with that
<
<

Well if you want the "TRUTH" just click on my name to see my profile.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The truth is out there[/b]
.......some Scifi series.

...the truth shall set you free[/b]
.......some part in the Bible

"I want to know the truth"[/b]
....Neo to one of new TRF members

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 13 2005, 05:21 PM
Ninja hasn't gone yet. Answer the questions ninja, plz?
No, he probably has gone. A lot of people go to sleep and leave their computers on and sometimes with TRF still up while they download naughty movies
<
Gotta watch out with this downloading as the Mods are expert hackers and can see what you are doing now that they have got our ____ address
<

No.....he really is gone to the Pirate conference.....TRF is his alibi for Dad
<

THE BARNYARD PIC AND THAT SWEET BLUE SHIRT GOT ME THINKIN.
<

AND U CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
<

Originally posted by TRUTH@Mar 13 2005, 05:49 PM
AND U CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
<
<
<
<
<
...Classic.....I concede defeat.

The shirt is actually green. There are others in the photo (family) who are also wearing the same shirt (an Island pattern shirt) taken at the former Lakeside Convention Centre, Mangere for my parents anniversary. Those are trees in the background...autumn 2002. I don't have any other photos that are digital.

So...very good guess
<

Hmmmmm.........are you <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
the way, the truth, and the life[/b]
....(some important guy in the Bible)? Be gentle....I may not be able to handle your answer.

Originally posted by chuquea@Mar 13 2005, 04:42 PM
i have played about 20 or 30 games since getting it on Wednesday. Graphically, I had on  big screen tv with standard ps2 cables on it was okay. I recently hooked it up to my widescreen with component video cables and it loos much better. In fact, I was going to purchase the xbox version to compare but am very satisfied with the looks now.

<
<
<

Cheers dude!

I have pre-ordered sony component video cables (PR,PB,Y thingee) to pick up with rugby 2005 on thursday.
<
<

I can't afford to buy xbox or bother to relearn in-built ways of playing the game that was God (JLR) and the game I have spoken of (my bad) but that must now never be spoken of again. hehe.

Is it going to be good on the widescreen (can U confirm widescreen option?)?
also....
I was reading random reviews (of the cable that is) of it on the net (all awesome!!) and I was wondering if Rugby 2005 was one of the 'special' games that were intentionally compatible to upgrade with this feature...or...whether it just improves picture and sound like it does for all games....can you tell me?

Thanks
<

oh you crazy people, discussing my private life. i will brush my teeth then be back in like 10 minutes. i have many teeth.

okayyyy.....

1. "with regards to the right anolouge stick i have heard it can perform special tackles

I thought this was taken out. What have you found king ninja? "

The right analog stick doesnt do special tackles, on special moves, which i said above somewhere.

2. " ....if you are standing still and press the diving tackle, where does he dive?

1. At the ball carrier

Also what happens if you push the dive tackle a split second before you were going to execute the run into tackle. Would the animation be "dive"? Or would it be because you are so close a different animation like a big hit?"

you will dive towards the direction you are facing, which is annoying sometimes. i havent played jlr, but there is no lock on thingy, so usually it is better just to run into the player and dive only when you need to. if you dive right before you were going to hit them, i dont think anything changes. there is no "special big hit", every tackle is the same just with different animation. sometimes the player will drop the ball if you dive at them from closer up, though.

3. " ninjapirate - I once read that Pirates were ninja's worst enemies. Have you signed some sort of treaty or ceasefire?"

Me mother was a pirate and me father was a ninja. The war continues, and i work for each side as a mercenary. i am paid in peach pie a la mode.

4. "Can you please tell me, are you happy with the look of the game graphically...does it move well and stuff....yout honest opinion please"

I really love the game. its hard sometimes to see the numbers on the backs of players and who exactly they are during gameplay, but the cutscenes and when you pause and look at the play in slow motion, you can zoom and everything and the graphics are beautiful. bod looks like pod, gregan looks like gregan, rupeni isnt fat enough but who cares. i havent seen the xbox version so i have nothing to compare it to, but i truly like the game alot.

any other questions?

Latest posts