• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just started playing Super 14 with Waratahs....

C

coughas

how can the waratahs have no star players in their team?? Am i missing something or should players like Rogers, Sailor, Tuiquiri and Turinui all have stars??

I havent explored the game much but was a bit shocked by this....

Originally posted by coughas@Feb 16 2006, 07:22 PM
how can the waratahs have no star players in their team?? Am i missing something or should players like Rogers, Sailor, Tuiquiri and Turinui all have stars??

I havent explored the game much but was a bit shocked by this....
Tuqiri and Rogers should DEFINATELY have stars... Sailor and Turinui are debatable though.

Originally posted by BOKean@Feb 16 2006, 07:32 PM
lote is the only one worthy of a star
So is Rogers. Have you seen what the Tah's are like when he's playing compared to when he's not? Seriously, the guy is an attacking genius.

Stars don't seem to be given per team, but only to overall star players in world rugby.

yeh but he isnt a 'star' in my books

ea has it right for once..

except gregan as a star? in the past maybe but still? aussie stars should be: lote, larks, george smith.

ea seem to have given stars to the players who signed up to be in the promotion.

henson?
pichot?
lewsey?
williams?

all decent players but i can think of a few far more deserving.

williams was badly exposed by the allblacks, lewseys is alright but not a great footballer, pichot shines when surrounded by the rest of the argentine team and henson is just a tw*t.

i dont want to start a debate about real world stars and who is better...i just thought at least ONE waratah was deserving of a star?!?

The super 14 teams only have the star players that are in there national teams,

Where as in the NH they have extra stars like spencer(wtf) and dallaglio(wtf)......I could think of so many players in the super 14 that are better than them 2 guys.

Rogers,Tuqiri,Latham,Waugh should all have stars for the Aussie Super 14 teams and theres also plenty of Kiwis that should have stars ...... but instead they give them to guys like Percy,Williams,Henson,Robinson,Lewsey etc. who are average at best.

This is why we need a player editor EA!! ,because the guys that made this game have no clue and there rating system just plain sux...

..for example 2 aussie wingers- Brett Stapleton(never played a real profesional game) has an overall rating of 89 ...and Drew Mitchell(one of the best young wingers in the world) has an overall rating of 78 :wall:

At least let us edit the players stats like every other sports game.

Same for the french teams and the national team it seems. Nyanga is the only french "star", maybe he's worth it, but how come Jauzion isn't ??

There does seriously seem to be a definate pro UK bias for this game... oh well, the PC version should come out with a player editor soon enough and I can rectify that :D .

I do think that star players need to be looked at again...and I hope that Lazy_Chestnut can work something into his player editor to allow you to switch the feature on and off. Star players should be used in the context of how important they really are to a team.

I also hope that next year EA get some better scouts...some of the stats are pretty appalling.

Originally posted by Darhf@Feb 16 2006, 11:31 PM
Same for the french teams and the national team it seems. Nyanga is the only french "star", maybe he's worth it, but how come Jauzion isn't ??
yeah - definitely thought Jauzion would have a star - Michalak doesn't either i don't think...

I know it's annoying, but it's worht noting that a player can have great stats but not be a star... I think it's meant to show players that can single handedly change a game... OK EA may have got it wrong, but a team of good players is more important than 1 star...

Originally posted by toup@Feb 17 2006, 12:04 AM
I know it's annoying, but it's worht noting that a player can have great stats but not be a star... I think it's meant to show players that can single handedly change a game... OK EA may have got it wrong, but a team of good players is more important than 1 star...
I would usually agree with that but i've played 3 games of a six nations campaign as Ireland, and BOD has already scored 10 tries!!! he breaks the line EVERY time!! Don't get me wrong....i'm loving it now, but i'm guessing that it's going to get old soon enough.. :D

Originally posted by stevemagoo+Feb 16 2006, 12:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Feb 17 2006, 12:04 AM
I would usually agree with that but i've played 3 games of a six nations campaign as Ireland, and BOD has already scored 10 tries!!! he breaks the line EVERY time!! Don't get me wrong....i'm loving it now, but i'm guessing that it's going to get old soon enough.. :D [/b]
Does he not do that in real life then?! :D

Don't know what difficulty level you're on, maybe that would improve things?

I am also yet to see if stars work in different ways - is BOD's star for sidesteps etc and Flankers' for ball winning or something?!

Originally posted by toup+Feb 17 2006, 12:10 AM-->
Originally posted by stevemagoo@Feb 16 2006, 12:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Feb 17 2006, 12:04 AM

I would usually agree with that but i've played 3 games of a six nations campaign as Ireland, and BOD has already scored 10 tries!!! he breaks the line EVERY time!! Don't get me wrong....i'm loving it now, but i'm guessing that it's going to get old soon enough.. :D
Does he not do that in real life then?! :D

Don't know what difficulty level you're on, maybe that would improve things?

I am also yet to see if stars work in different ways - is BOD's star for sidesteps etc and Flankers' for ball winning or something?! [/b]
True - he definitely does, but not to the tune of 10 tries in 3 games - pretty sure i started the tourney on elite, but could be wrong. didn't think of that - d'oh! :rolleyes:

Gah! How could they make Sharky Robinson a 55 rating?! I mean he's only one of the best scrum halves in the premiership :blink: JOHNNY HOWARD IS RATED BETTER FOR GOD'S SAKE!

GREGAN SHOULD NOT BE A STAR

he is a puss player, he has lost it and needs NO-DOZE

Rogers is a star player..........if GREGAN is.

Peter Hewat - the most devasting player in 2005 S12 season.......is lowly ranked in the stats............how does that work when HABANA, and GEAR also had blinding seasons, and get their proper stats

P Waugh is poorly ranked aswell.......its BS :rahh: :wall: :angry:

Latest posts