• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just tried Vegemite and Marmite

The only thing I know about vegemite is from the Men At Work song, Down Under.

"Buying bread from a man in Brusells,
Six foot four, and full of muscle.
I said do you speaka my language,
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich."

The first time I heard it I thought vegemite was preserved veggies (like the Chinese) and you slap it on bread. Until of course my dad told me it was some spread.

I just though I'd let everyone know that I went down to Baker's Delight about half an hour ago, and I did infact, purchase myself a terrific Cheesymite scroll (cheese and vegemite). For those couple of minutes, it was like tantric sex in my mouth...such an invigorating experience. (Hmmm...maybe that was a bad ananolgy...)
277_file.jpg

Ok so vegemite looks like black goo. What's it taste like? ALl this chat about it makes me wanna go out and get some.

Ok so vegemite looks like black goo. What's it taste like? ALl this chat about it makes me wanna go out and get some.
[/b]
If you spread it the right consistancy (just TAINT the bread with it, one small knifeful should do for the whole toast) it has a definite tang to it...it is unlike most things....if you spread too much on it however prepare for some pain...there is no way to explain it really....but I stress, make sure you don't put much on the first time, a miniscule amount so you just get a little taste....it is far too overpowering otherwise....

trust me when say this guys only Ozzy aussies like vegimite. Neone else will find it taste like old **** turn into spread, literally (not that I would know wt **** taste like but Im sure not far off from vegimite) YUUUUUUK! :vomit:

The first time I heard it I thought vegemite was preserved veggies (like the Chinese) and you slap it on bread. Until of course my dad told me it was some spread.
[/b]

-------------------
Hahaha. Thats a blast from the past alrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

Watching the video, i'm quite dissapointed to find out the "man in Brusells" was not "full of muscles", neither, very manly at all. In fact, dare i say... quite feminine.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

-------------------
Hahaha. Thats a blast from the past alrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

Watching the video, i'm quite dissapointed to find out the "man in Brusells" was not "full of muscles", neither, very manly at all. In fact, dare i say... quite feminine.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, but look at the rest of the blokes from the 80's, all absolute pussies....the bloke in the vid clip was like the fonz of the 80's, coolest your ever gonna get..

Latest posts